DVDVR Message Board

Puroresu General Discussion for 2018

Kevin Wilson

Ibushi to AJPW. Just for the Vs Kento bouts.

Tanahashi and Makabe and Gotoh and Sanada to Noah. To change the Noah style to the yukes era style in the main event. Plus Marufuji adores Fujinami so why not inject Dragon Style in the show with Tanahashi and Sanada. 

Anyway none of this stuff will happen. 

Sumo hall show eh? It will be full. Expect lot of tags. I guess this will also count as AJP's annual sumo hall show, so they might do something similar what the NJPW/AJP 40th show did with Jun vs Kea for the Triple Crown.

4 minutes ago, D.Z said:

They're also saying it's the last of the heisei era dream matches. 30 April 2019 is when the Heisei era ends.

So they’re hyping if up as a dream match card? Interesting. Maybe we do get a few singles.

Just now, Control said:

Violent Giants v Golden Lovers

book it

Gimme Tanahashi vs. Kento and I’m happy.

14 minutes ago, Control said:

Violent Giants v Golden Lovers

book it

That would practically get DDT on the show too. Love it.

Is also wouldn’t be surprised to see Kento and Tana leading opposing 3 or 4 man teams, giving us the moment where the crowd makes the comparison as they finally step into the ring. I don’t think that would hurt Kento a bit.

Unlikely, but maybe we do see one of the sub-main New Japan guys take a shot at the GHC or TC.

I also really want Akiyama versus Okada. I know the outcome there is a given, but we’re much more likely to avoid endless draws if the matchups are slightly asymmetrical.

• Like 1

The card will most likely be full of tags. Any singles matches would be Zeus or whoever the TC champ will be vs Gotoh or Ikeman. It is Baba themed.

Don't forget possible Cima and his strong hearts who wrestle in W-1. They could show up. 

Probably expect tag themes of top Heels vs Faces tag, new guys tags., junior tags Etc.

4 hours ago, FlaeBlazer said:

Also the 40th anniversary of the famous all-star show at Budokan that featured Baba and Inoki (B-I Cannon!) teaming for the final time.

• Like 3

For the All Stars event

https://www.tokyo-sports.co.jp/prores/mens_prores/1157950/

They mentioned Tanahashi (he grew up watching AJPW) and Omega, Jun and the flow of Baba, Noah's connection and Marufuji being Baba's last disciple. More stuff with Bjw links. Mutoh and Onita etc.

It's very much Baba themed as I said and less Inoki. Hopefully they use a AJPW similar ring for this event.

Lariato specifically said it was a complaint from within the company, so... well, it would be a mistake, if so. They've benefited substantially from the symbiotic relationship between company and fan content producers, which also helps to cultivate that whole "we're all in this together/you're not just consuming a product" ethos that wrestling typically does well with.