DVDVR Message Board

Puroresu General Discussion for 2018

Kevin Wilson

4 hours ago, Belgian_Waffle said:

Kawada's show looks fun. I'm legitimately shocked that Yuto Aijima isn't on the card. Hoping the matches are all 20 minutes long and methodical. 

Zeus winning the CC wouldn't be out of left field at all. Guy has been fightin for his spot for years now and he and Miyahara have a long history. The time is now...

The few times he does wrestle(none this year) he seems to stay in his home area of Fukuoka. Last time he wrestled in Tokyo was in 2016 for Akebono's fed that never went anywhere. Before that I have no clue.

4 hours ago, Beech27 said:

I know this isn’t happening in Japan, but maybe y’all don’t venture into the indie thread, and might be interested. I sure am. Low Ki got kicked off Bloodsport, and god, what kind of replacement could you find on such short notice?

Ok then.

They wrestled in London last November for the joint NJPW/RevPro show. I've read it was good, but not great. That had more to do with how you feel about El Desperado interfering for a fuck finish.

It was fine, yeah. A bit house show Suzuki, interference and all. I have a pretty high tolerance for that, but it didn't really fit the expectations. I'm confident this will be better, though. It's not making a date for a company partner, so I would think he wouldn't take the match if it and the concept didn't motivate him. (And yes, money.)

The article itself doesn't go too deep, but this quote at least is funny.

• Like 1

Guest Edwin

Has anyone seen any of the Pitbull Gary Wolfe matches in Noah? I'm re-watching a lot of old Noah matches and I saw Pitbull Gary Wolfe did some matches on one of the first 2001 Noah tours, but I can't seem to find any footage online. I'm sure it's most pretty bad, but I'm just curious as he seems like an odd fit there.

I signed up today for the AJPW Streaming Service. Not a lot of matches on there so hopefully over time they will add some older stuff. This is my first time seeing the current All Japan under Akiyama so I checked out the July 17, 2017 show. It was a pretty fun card from top to bottom and I enjoyed the last three matches. The main event was great and Doering I feel like has improved from when I watched some of his matches from 2008. 

For those who have joined, any shows I should check out from what they have posted? My next watch is going to be the 3/25/18 show. 

Guest Edwin
14 hours ago, Oyaji said:

How in the hell do I not remember any of that?! Sounds like such a freak show.

9sK5nbR.png

Apparently BJ Whitmer worked a full tour in 2001 too which was before he began working for ROH.

Noah is by far my favorite Japanese organization. Back in the day, it was because of the big boys -- Kobashi, Akiyama, Misawa and Taue. Re-watching a lot of the early stuff, I've come to appreciate their mid carders more too -- Shiga, Izumida, Hashi, Saito, etc.

There's a ton of really great stuff worth watching/re-watching.

Hopefully a Zack/Suzuki tag team and maybe Zack/Suzuki singles match at WK for the leadership of the stable? But for now I suppose a feud with Ishii is in the cards? Winning it would probably cement Zack in NJPW. And with those UK shows coming up it sound likely that he'll be position as main guy there.

Guest Stefanie Without Stefanie
9 hours ago, Ryan said:

Sabre Gun doesn't have the same ring to it.

It sounds like a weapon from the late-1990s Final Fantasy games.

3 hours ago, Sasha said:

It sounds like a weapon from the late-1990s Final Fantasy games.

Not as impressive as a gunsword that can't fire.

920086.jpg

I love that Gary Wolfe list. Misawa (or whoever was booking NOAH then): "You're gonna job around the loop unless you're in tags. Well, you can beat Hashi, but that's it." "What about Kikuchi?" "Nope, even Kikuchi."

It also reminded me that I've never seen a Scorpio NOAH match unfortunately