DVDVR Message Board

Puroresu General Discussion for 2018

Kevin Wilson

That Kenoh might leave is really based on circumstantial evidence at this point—

Spoiler

he dropped the title

—but still, losing Ishimori is a blow, losing both would hurt an awful lot. And it had seemed the company was trending in the right direction. 

9 hours ago, Beech27 said:

That Kenoh might leave is really based on circumstantial evidence at this point—

Reveal hidden contents

he dropped the title

—but still, losing Ishimori is a blow, losing both would hurt an awful lot. And it had seemed the company was trending in the right direction. 

That’s not much to go on. I was assuming he had more info than that.

Kawada said he will book 6 matches. Might use Joshi as well. He wants Marufuji to show up and older workers. He stressed old vs new and other genres of wrestling styles. Sounds similar to pre 2005 AJPW.

Plans to hold a show every two months. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Curt McGirt said:

That would be awesome. Who else is freelancing or not really locked in right now that should show up? I didn't even know Honda was still wrestling, FFS. 

Well Ishimori just announced that he is leaving NOAH so sounds like a perfect timing?

Kawada certainly could use the star power. It seems like he wants Marufuji to fight somebody else, at least if the first two people he wants publicly are him and Honda and wants a styles clash thing happening, but that would be a great match. Ibushi too. Hell, if Kenou is leaving, there's another head for the gathering.

NTV owns the footage before pre split AJPW/NOAH.  They would have to work out a deal to use the footage but that's more likely to happen with NOAH service.

Starts somewhere before Champion Carnival or so they say.

On 3/14/2018 at 8:40 PM, Dragonzombie said:

Starts somewhere before Champion Carnival or so they say.

If they don't have it running by the Carnival, announcing it was a huge mistake.

If NOAH launches a service with AJPW's NTV content... Hot damn. The back catalogue alone would be worth it. I know they've shown some pick up in business since that start of the year, but I'm not sure they're going to have enough interest in the current product to do this. I so wish they'd work out a deal with their American partner Impact to put the stuff on the Global Wrestling Network and promote the hell out of it in Japan. But probably because I'm already giving them 8 bucks a month.

I'm currently at four wrestling streaming services. I'm not sure I can afford much more.