DVDVR Message Board

Puroresu General Discussion for 2018

Kevin Wilson

NJPW's Sho and Yoh plus Ice Ribbon's Tsuakasa Fujimoto will take part in the next SASUKE/Ninja Warrior which tapes today and tomorrow and will be shown in Japan on March 26. Ibushi has been on twice. Tanahashi and Minoru Suzuki of all people, once. I know Great SASUKE has been on. DDT's Yuki Ueno and a host of others have been on in the past. No one's ever cleared the 1st Stage though. Ibushi was the closest and almost killed himself doing a flip on the Soritatsu Kabe/Warped Wall.

4 hours ago, lostinube said:

NJPW's Sho and Yoh plus Ice Ribbon's Tsuakasa Fujimoto will take part in the next SASUKE/Ninja Warrior which tapes today and tomorrow and will be shown in Japan on March 26. Ibushi has been on twice. Tanahashi and Minoru Suzuki of all people, once. I know Great SASUKE has been on. DDT's Yuki Ueno and a host of others have been on in the past. No one's ever cleared the 1st Stage though. Ibushi was the closest and almost killed himself doing a flip on the Soritatsu Kabe/Warped Wall.

i think Momoe Nakanishi surpassed the obstacle till the 3rd stage But not in SASUKE!

13 hours ago, sareeedicted said:

i think Momoe Nakanishi surpassed the obstacle till the 3rd stage But not in SASUKE!

Correct. She competed on the women's only show KUNOICHI. Several female wrestlers have done KUNOICHI too. One of the most recent versions had Saki Akai from DDT. The original producers of SASUKE/KUNOICHI went bankrupt and the shows went on hiatus for a bit. SASUKE came back first after a year plus break and last year they brought back KUNOICHI.

Real Hero Archive has shut down. :(

I bought a hard drive and it was way more time consuming and difficult to download en masse than I predicted. I didn't make it far before I ran out of time. At least the word press is now linking to Drive downloads rather than the somewhat sketchy sites they originally were using. I fucked up and missed out on downloading HUSTLE.

NJPW is doing great business in Australia. ~3,500 in Sydney, huge merchandise business, their smallest stop did $200k, Okada getting deafening ovations, feedback has been all super positive, and more importantly this: 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Oyaji said:

NJPW is doing great business in Australia. ~3,500 in Sydney, huge merchandise business, their smallest stop did $200k, Okada getting deafening ovations, feedback has been all super positive, and more importantly this: 

My PWO GWE podcast partner Stacey went and had a good time. Apparently  everyone on the show got massive pops except for Cody who had intense, absurd heat. 

Cody is a real reason to watch. He hasn’t just fallen into a hot stable/angle—which I thought at first—he’s made it so I don’t want to imagine how this would all look without him. 

This, from the Aussie tour, is also great. Fitting that the Kiwi in all black should be heckled, honestly.

6 hours ago, Oyaji said:

Real Hero Archive has shut down. :(

I bought a hard drive and it was way more time consuming and difficult to download en masse than I predicted. I didn't make it far before I ran out of time. At least the word press is now linking to Drive downloads rather than the somewhat sketchy sites they originally were using. I fucked up and missed out on downloading HUSTLE.

Yeah, I bookmarked the archive with the intention to download, but it was a lot more hassle and time suck than i realized and I never really bothered.

Melbourne show was probably 85-90% full (Festival Hall is generally a 3000-3500 seater depending on configuration) and crowd was pretty much hot for everything. Cody got massive heat doing the Omega terminator pose. Awesome seeing NJPW live at home and doing awesome 

This is not an "omg Shibata comeback imminent" post, but either he's doing the thing where you push your arms forward with the hand you've got tucked behind, in order to make your biceps look bigger, or he's actually filling out a bit and looking healthier, which is nice. (Tanahashi apparently is joking here that he made their secret meeting not so secret, because when you tweet that it's a secret it's... not.)

Mutoh says he will carry on wrestling. But will do his final moonsault with his old knees. So no more moonsaults post surgery.

If the surgery is a success he will be able to walk and run normally in the ring again.

I know I'm late to the party but DDT has a matinee show on live right now over at Universe. The hardcore match is about halfway done right now but the final two matches ought to be good stuff.

DDT Extreme Title – Hardcore +α Match
Yuko Miyamoto (c) vs. Shunma Katsumata

Special Singles Match
Naomichi Marufuji vs. Kazusada Higuchi

Special Tag Team Match
Konosuke Takeshita & HARASHIMA vs. Shuji Ishikawa & Daisuke Sekimoto

Zeus and Bodyguard beat Yoshi-Ken for the tags. Sai and Dylan James are the next contenders to face them.

There's a possible chance Sai and James might beat Zeus and The Bodyguard, the world tag belts have been changing hands at every defense recently.

Kondo won the junior league. I'm looking forward to Kondo vs Aoki. 

Also Nagata and Jun vs Omori and Nakanishi  for the All Asia tags.