DVDVR Message Board
odessasteps

IN MEMORIUM 2018

Reading up on Anderson and I'd forgotten how fantastic Night Court was. Makes me wish it was streaming on Netflix or Hulu.

• Like 1

Grew up watching Night Court; my mom and I would watch it on the TV in the kitchen.  And the parallels are hard to not see:  My mom, born in April, died at age 65 in her home, just a short day drive to Asheville where she loved to visit when she needed the time away.

I loved the "Red Ranger" episode.  Kinda poignant, for the moment. 

NPR's Carl Kasell has died at 84. He was the judge and scorekeeper on "Wait, Wait ... Don't Tell Me!", and listeners who won got an answering machine or voice mail recording from Kasell as the prize. Here's one example ...

• Sad 1

Just now, colonial said:

NPR's Carl Kasell has died at 84. He was the judge and scorekeeper on "Wait, Wait ... Don't Tell Me!", and listeners who won got an answering machine or voice mail recording from Kasell as the prize. Here's one example ...

Came here to mention this.  As someone who mostly knew him from WWDTM, I had no idea he'd been the host of Morning Edition for ages (because I basically only listened to it after school or on the weekend).

I listen to WWDTM every weekend.  I remember when Carl retired from radio due to failing health, but that seems like eons agon.

I am sad to hear of his passing.

RIP.

On 4/16/2018 at 5:55 AM, J.T. said:

I am sad. 

I have Full Metal Jacket on Blu Ray and I rarely watch any further than the Paris Island scenes.

RIP.

Same here. As soon as Private Pyle kills himself, that's when I quit watching. 

Verne was the main reason I watched every episode of Shasta McNasty.

tumblr_lt75wr3jrT1qis6pso6_500.jpg

• Like 3

Pamela Gidley who played the robot in CHERRY 2000 and was also in TWIN PEAKS has died at the ridiculous age of 52.

cherry-2000-1.jpg

phoebe-augustine-pamela-gidley-and-shery