DVDVR Message Board

Raw Is 2 Sweet - 1/1/2018

Dolfan in NYC

8 hours ago, HumanChessgame said:

Tonight I saw that Elias' act could get even better if it featured more cowbell.

Everything is better with more cowbell, just ask Charlie fucking Watts.

Alexa/Asuka was good and indeed the best that Alexa has looked in a while. This is how Alexa should be booked as the cunning coward, always looking for a short cut. It's more believable than her knocking people out. But, as good as the match was, it was strange to get it so soon. Maybe continuing to build up Alexa's fear of Asuka? 

And I'm excited that we are indeed getting a 30 woman rumble! 

6 hours ago, Brian Fowler said:

Balor Club Worldwide!

I'm just happy that "Creative" found something to do with Balor and the Club that didn't involve anything stupid.

I kinda miss heel BC leader Prince Devitt's mean streak, but Anderson / Gallows turning tween is better than nothing.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Curt McGirt said:

Corey: "STRETCH PLUM! STRETCH PLUM!"

Booker: "Whut da hale?"

To be honest Booker is typically at a loss for words

EDIT: You know what? I haven't watched Raw with English commentary in a loooooong time and all three of them did a fine job getting over the psychology in the big matches on this one, including Booker. It didn't feel like a bunch of Vince in the headset. 

As much as a lot of people wrongly believe Booker T isn't just the fuckin best on commentary, I think they've been a solid run of describing the in-ring action for a while; Graves is an ultra-reliable glue holding things together and they've been trying to emphasise the strengths of everyone in the ring fairly well

The writing is still terrible, opening the show with the pure professional wrestling spectacle of opening the show with Alexa Bliss saying "your thinking is flawed and unfair" to Kurt Angle, like should anybody other than Drew Gulak be even within a million miles of saying that sentence

Joe is just destroying it on the mic week after week, what an intimidating character. Kudos to Renee for managing to contain her professional admiration enough to pretend to be upset that he's insulting her deadbeat husband

During Heyman's promo it looked like he was going to set aside some time to fully eviscerate the cursed WWE commentary trope that in a triple threat, the champion always has a 33% of chance of success. Regrettably he kind of danced around it a bit and cut straight to Lesnar having a 100% chance

I did not like Braun squashing Rhyno like that. Not that I thought Rhyno should win, but he deserved better than that. 

I did like Brock tapping into the Ki he stole from Undertaker to counter Kane. I think there is a good story of Kane wanting to avenge his brother or do something Undertaker could not do. 

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Curt McGirt said:

Rhyno spearing Braun to only back him into the buckles would've been neat.

Worth it for Heath knowing he was gonna get his ass kicked and getting in there anyway.

How is Heath vs Joe not a thing? 

15 hours ago, Firebreaker Chip said:

During Heyman's promo it looked like he was going to set aside some time to fully eviscerate the cursed WWE commentary trope that in a triple threat, the champion always has a 33% of chance of success. Regrettably he kind of danced around it a bit and cut straight to Lesnar having a 100% chance

Now if Scott Steiner were in the match ....

• Like 4

Scott Steiner needs to show up at Royal Rumble during Brock/Bruan/Kane, dressed like Dean Douglas, wheeling a chalk board to the ring with his infamous Steiner 3 way match equation on it. Professor Steiner would wear the mortarboard atop his chainmail. Just because I can never get enough of said promo:

• Like 3

On 1/5/2018 at 2:32 AM, Web Conn said:

If this trend of Braun facing lower level Tag teams in handicap matches continues next week he will be facing The Revival.

This match presented by "BearFilms".   (DO NOT Google that at work.)