DVDVR Message Board

2017-18 NFL PLAYOFFS: WILDCARDS

Dolfan in NYC

Triplette is terrible and proof the league wants bad referees.

Admittedly that whole "punter draws a Running Into The Kicker penalty by kicking a guy and then falling down, so we have to call that even though we know it's horseshit, so let's conference until we come up with something offsetting to call on KC" sequence was amusingly transparent, and became hilarious when the returner fumbled anyway and the Chiefs came out of the deal 40 yards + ball ahead.

EDIT: and while I was typing that up apparently the Chiefs turned the ball back over.

This game is now 1996 ECW and Sabu & The Public Enemy are taking turns missing table dives at each other.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Contentious C said:

The other guy who did that was Steve Young, wasn't he?

Steve Young gained yards on his completion (which is rare enough; usually the self-completion is a yardage losing Pyrrhic Victory) but he didn't score, and it was a preseason game.

He also kept running after losing his helmet (did i mention this was a preseason game) because the man was Completely Insane and insisted on giving the fan base a heart attack on a regular basis.

• Like 2

Definitely not a fumble as there is probably a 50% chance they fuck it up and keep it a fumble

Even they couldn't fuck that replay up

Even though I can't believe the Chiefs lost this game I really should have known better.  Mariotta stats wise isn't a high level QB but tough as hell when it matters

Someone mentioned this on my twitter but it is pretty accurate.  Andy Reid is the Dusty Baker of the NFL.  You have to consider him a really good coach but performs so awful in the playoffs that it is hard to even think of him a great coach

• Like 2

1 hour ago, hammerva said:

Someone mentioned this on my twitter but it is pretty accurate.  Andy Reid is the Dusty Baker of the NFL.  You have to consider him a really good coach but performs so awful in the playoffs that it is hard to even think of him a great coach

I can never decide if Reid is the best bad coach or worst good coach ever.

7 minutes ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

Falcons can win at Philly also.  Foles isn't scaring a lot of people. 

Oh I don't know I am sure most of Philly, New Jersey, and Delaware is scared shitless of Foles right now

Man Watkins got mugged on that 4th down.  I agree that if this was weeks 1-16 that is called.