DVDVR Message Board

2017-18 NFL PLAYOFFS: WILDCARDS

Dolfan in NYC

It depends on if Shady plays, and if he plays how healthy he is. I mean he was over 30% of the Bills' offense this year and they have no decent backup RB, which seems like poor planning for a run-first team. Jacksonville is definitely a good team but they aren't unbeatable, however without Shady its hard to imagine the Bills getting the upset.

On ‎1‎/‎1‎/‎2018 at 11:43 AM, Dolfan in NYC said:

The Bills open at +8.5.

A team from Florida will be playing Buffalo at home in the dead of Winter, so that math is fairly easy.

I'm not thrilled about the Chiefs seeding so high that they cannot hand the Pats another assbeating and clear those fuckers out of the bracket should they get past the Titans.

If the Chiefs beat the Titans and Buffalo handles the Jags, Pittsburg will have to fight another war of attrition with the Chiefs (who will have revenge and a possible Super Bowl appearance as motivating factors) and Pats will probably steamroller over the Bills at home.

5 minutes ago, Kuetsar said:

If the Bills do play the Pats, then the only way they win is if Brady and Gronk both step on a landmine before the game. . . 

Meanwhile the Steelers will be playing the Chiefs who will have blood in their eyes and rage in their hearts...

Just now, J.T. said:

Meanwhile the Steelers will be playing the Chiefs who will have blood in their eyes and rage in their hearts...

And Andy Reid coaching, so even if the Chiefs play tough you know they will find a way to blow it. . .

• Haha 1

I'm not too concerned about the Bills playing @ Jacksonville since they defeated both KC and ATL this year "away." The Jags definitely deserve the edge, they had a fair number of quality wins this year, but I if Shady plays I think it will be a close game. Naturally I feel differently if the Bills do win and face New England in the second week, but one week at a time.

Harboring and standing behind a sanctimonious blowhard who at worst killed a dude and, at best, helped cover up a murder

Going back to last week.  Ray Lewis is a sanctimonious blowhard.  He didn't kill that dude.  The people who did kill the guy were found not guilty on the basis of self-defense.  I love making fun of that dude and his entire personality, but people have been calling him a murderer for a long ass time when he didn't murder anyone.  The prosecutor admitted to charging him in order to raise his own profile.  The guy who died was not an innocent bystander, he pretty much created the entire situation.  Ray Lewis acted inappropriately afterwards, but he is pretty much a victim of being famous in the wrong place at the wrong time.  

• Like 1

If Travis Kelce has a legit concussion that might not impact this game but will have a huge impact if next week is an issue

And that was definitely a fumble.  Although most people would say Mariotta fumbled after getting destroyed on last possession but I guess not

4 minutes ago, Kevin Wilson said:

Not sure I've ever seen someone catch their own pass and score a TD. How many FFL points does he get for that?

I think in FFL if your QB does that you just Win Outright.

It should be like the fucking Harry Potter golden snitch or whatever.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Ah, to answer my question:

Referee Jeff Triplette, who is having a rough day, turned on his microphone and announced that Mariota was an eligible receiver on the play because he was in the shotgun formation. That was incorrect, as in reality all players become eligible receivers once a defensive player touches the ball. So Mariota would have been eligible regardless of whether he was in the shotgun or under center.