Jump to content
DVDVR Message Board
RIPPA

2018 RING OF HONOR THREAD

Recommended Posts

On 4/30/2018 at 2:08 AM, paintedbynumbers said:

ROH responded to someone on the rohworld forum stating that they have no plans to add pre Sinclair Era shows to the Honor Club device.  Looks like they are going to rely on NJPW talent and their live schedule.

This wouldn't be so dumb if most (all?) of the DVDs for the Gabe era weren't out of print. There are so many fucking hours of Bryan Danielson matches you can sell this service on. We're talking about one of the biggest names in wrestling this decade. Never mind all the other names who are big enough to sell this service on the back off. CM Punk. AJ Styles. Samoa Joe. Kevin Steen. El Generico. Claudio Castagnoli. Tyler Black. Nigel McGuinness even.

It seems like it should be criminal that it's easier to watch IWA Mid South or Chikara or CZW from 2002-2006 than it is to watch Ring of Honor, the superindy. Yeah, some matches are on the Youtube, yeah, some work would have to be done to dub licensed music out which would suck in its own way, but there's no way they don't sell more subs off the back of that part of the archive where ROH had so much more buzz. Give me a legal way to watch these shows that doesn't involve scouring Ebay. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

ROH can kiss my ass.  Whatever spin they put on not making the Gabe Years part of the Honor Club thing - esp. if it's about music rights or whatever - apparently means shit-all when they are putting out annual volumes ("Year Six" is the latest) on DVD.  And I've seen more than a few 2002-06 matches that began with the competitors already in the ring.

Sinclair can eat a dick, straight up.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Who else is going to the Toronto show??

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The past 2 days I have been unable to use the shitty Honor Club roku site.  I get a "service unavailable try back later" message.  If these idiots don't fix or give me another month i will be disputing with my bank. The Customer Service is horrible they never update you on what is happening or respond to emails.  As much as I have supported them literally from day 1, I really kind of want NJPW to leave them.  I have no faith in ROH remaining strong without the use of NJPW talent.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, Infinit said:

Who else is going to the Toronto show??

I'll be there, in one of the floor seats in the very back row.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, paintedbynumbers said:

I have no faith in ROH remaining strong without the use of NJPW talent.

Wait, there are people out there who DO think ROH would remain strong with NJPW?

I realize there are probably a few of those out there, but I never really considered that until now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Keep Calm, Akira Hokuto On said:

Wait, there are people out there who DO think ROH would remain strong with NJPW?

I realize there are probably a few of those out there, but I never really considered that until now.

Nobody could be that blind, could they? I was as big of a fan as there was during the Gabe days. I miss it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If New Japan dumped them, we'd find out real quick just how big of a draw Cody actually is.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

would Cody still work for NJPW though or would he choose ROH?  I would think most would take NJPW for the money . I can see NJPW running more shows in the US within the next 2-3 yrs and severing ties with ROH.   I am with Eddie on Gabe era ROH. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've always wondered what the deal with music rights is.  Lots of smaller indies (IWA-MS, CZW, etc) have releases featuring ring entrances with actual songs that I highly doubt they've secured the rights to.  PWG's videos cut the entrances all together so you don't hear anyone's music.  ECW (and now WWE) clearly didn't want to go through with getting the rights to the songs from those shows.  Is it a visibility deal where they figure there is or isn't a wide enough audience to bother with it?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, HumanChessgame said:

I've always wondered what the deal with music rights is.  Lots of smaller indies (IWA-MS, CZW, etc) have releases featuring ring entrances with actual songs that I highly doubt they've secured the rights to.  PWG's videos cut the entrances all together so you don't hear anyone's music.  ECW (and now WWE) clearly didn't want to go through with getting the rights to the songs from those shows.  Is it a visibility deal where they figure there is or isn't a wide enough audience to bother with it?

They probably dont ask for permission and hope they fly under the radar enough that no one would ever notice.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, paintedbynumbers said:

would Cody still work for NJPW though or would he choose ROH?

He's under contract to ROH. So is Page and I think Marty is as well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

ROH is kinda fascinating in that they have a team in BCB/Milonas that 

-The crowd is into

-They repeatedly trumpet as tj biggest in ROH history

-Are straight-up heels in no danger of being cheered for being cool 

yet are never booked terribly strong and lost clean to C2C this week. 

Also, God help me but Im really starting to dig Vinnie Marseglia.  First off, it looks like he ditched the axe for balloons (a la IT) which is a complete win.  Second, he has the badass Michael Myers knee pad.  Thirdly, I think his look and horror gimmick has legs.   I'd like to see him get weirder and scarier so that he weirds out the Kingdom who kick him out and have him come back with his own scary stable.  I like him.  

Also the spot in the main where Castle repeatedly threw Boys at the Kingdom was amazing. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/4/2018 at 7:36 AM, ChesterCopperpot said:

SSB are back 

 

It's about time. I love SSB's heel work in Smash Wrestling.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Beer City Bruiser really impressed the hell out of me on the two New Japan shows. I'd like to see them go somewhere with him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Even if its at a tv taping I'd like to see The Briscoes defend the Tag straps against Beer City Bruiser and Brian Milonas. 

Speaking of Milonas dude is good, him and Bruiser make for a cool team but of all the 2017 Top Prospects why have they yet to bring in Curt Stallion? I was the most impressed with him.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Brian Fowler said:

Beer City Bruiser really impressed the hell out of me on the two New Japan shows. I'd like to see them go somewhere with him.

Well on Friday night he's getting

toronto-naito2.jpg

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

it's been a crazy week with Bull Busick passing and all I wanted was to watch this show tonight, but alas the ROKU is still down and ROH has not responded nor said a word about it or when it will be fixed. No communication what so ever. I will be disputing my honor club charge with my bank and I urge everyone else to do the same. These pricks can't run a lemonade stand without NJPW doing the work for them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/7/2018 at 7:32 PM, caley said:

 

Also the spot in the main where Castle repeatedly threw Boys at the Kingdom was amazing. 

I am not exaggerating when I say that may have been the greatest spot in the history of pro wrestling.

Also I have no problem with C2C winning. Remember they are getting the big push and were the ones chosen to go over War Machine in their last match, so what sense would it make to have them lose to mid card heels (even if said mid card heels are pretty good)?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, sabremike said:

I am not exaggerating when I say that may have been the greatest spot in the history of pro wrestling.

Also I have no problem with C2C winning. Remember they are getting the big push and were the ones chosen to go over War Machine in their last match, so what sense would it make to have them lose to mid card heels (even if said mid card heels are pretty good)?

I'm just thinking, with regards to C2C, that they've gotten this mini-push but no real angle right now so maybe have them lose a cheap one (DQ or count out) before having to come up with a way to beat them. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If anyone knows a good way to use the honor club please let me know. Their roku app still down, it buffers like fucking crazy on my laptop.  I am doing a chargeback with my bank tomm am so ROH can go fuck themselves.  hopefully they can find an identity while they are doing so  as they are shit without NJPW.   I 100% think they have outsourced the honorclub and it is run by a bunch of people in the middle of nowhere who are paid penny's and do not feel the need to respond to emails or complaints.  Now I'l have to stay spoiler free and watch the show tomm.  Great fucking job ROH  Bravo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well, I'll spoiler this then, as it involves tonight's show in Lowell.

According to PWInsider, the announced main event of Castle vs. Taven for the ROH title is cancelled.  They waited until a couple matches into the show to announce that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, paintedbynumbers said:

If anyone knows a good way to use the honor club please let me know. Their roku app still down, it buffers like fucking crazy on my laptop.  I am doing a chargeback with my bank tomm am so ROH can go fuck themselves.  hopefully they can find an identity while they are doing so  as they are shit without NJPW.   I 100% think they have outsourced the honorclub and it is run by a bunch of people in the middle of nowhere who are paid penny's and do not feel the need to respond to emails or complaints.  Now I'l have to stay spoiler free and watch the show tomm.  Great fucking job ROH  Bravo

Considering most of your post in this thread seem to be about how bad the service is -- you should have cancelled it and submitted a refund request with your CC months ago...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...