DVDVR Message Board

2018 RING OF HONOR THREAD

4 hours ago, Godfrey said:

Time to run with Beer City Bruiser! Although I think he needs an actual name before he can be a serious contender.

I said a long time ago that he needs an actual name. Brian Milonas has got to go. He's just dead weight.

On ‎12‎/‎2‎/‎2018 at 9:39 AM, RIPPA said:

I think because Lawlor wants to continue doing MMA that is limiting his wrestling options

His two year suspension for ostarine ended this past October, but the UFC released him from his contract back in August.

He's signed with Golden Boy Promotions MMA and lost his first fight to Deron Winn by UD on November 24th.

7 hours ago, Godfrey said:

Time to run with Beer City Bruiser! Although I think he needs an actual name before he can be a serious contender.

1 hour ago, Web Conn said:

Dinn T. Moore?

I would go with his real name. 

"Beer City Bruiser" Matt Winchester

Ring of Honor has confirmed a time change for Final Battle 2018 and revealed the opening match for the pay-per-view.

Final Battle will begin at 8 p.m. Eastern time this Friday, which is a change from the usual 9 p.m. start time for ROH PPVs. The show will be four hours long.

Dave Meltzer reported the start time change in yesterday's Daily Update.

ROH has also announced that Kenny King will face Eli Isom in the opening match of the PPV.

The Hammerstein Ballroom in New York City is hosting Final Battle on Friday. ROH's post-Final Battle television tapings will take place at the 2300 Arena in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania this Saturday.

Here's the card for Final Battle:

ROH World Champion Jay Lethal defending against Cody Rhodes
ROH Tag Team Champions SoCal Uncensored (Scorpio Sky & Frankie Kazarian) defending against The Young Bucks and The Briscoes in a Ladder War match
ROH Television Champion Jeff Cobb defending against Hangman Page
Women of Honor World Champion Sumie Sakai defending against Madison Rayne, Karen Q, and Kelly Klein in a four corner survival match
Marty Scurll vs. Christopher Daniels (for Scurll's future shot at the ROH World Championship)
Matt Taven vs. Dalton Castle
Jonathan Gresham vs. Zack Sabre Jr.
Bully Ray vs. Flip Gordon in an I Quit match
Kenny King vs. Eli Isom

On 12/6/2018 at 11:49 AM, Dewar said:

To have a match with fucking T.K. O'Ryan.

Does Delirious just use a random number generator to determine who wrestles the CMLL guys?

i don't follow CMLL but does all of the Kingdom guys worked there or just Matt Taven?  If so it could be the familiarity of him.  Plus if they have a plan with Rush and Taven (which I doubt with Delirious) it makes sense to defeat Taven's #2 guy

so not having watched the TV yet, I assume that either SoCal Uncensored wins the tag titles or Daniels beat Scurill.  Unless they have given up the story of them being fired at the end of this year.

5 minutes ago, hammerva said:

so not having watched the TV yet, I assume that either SoCal Uncensored wins the tag titles or Daniels beat Scurill.  Unless they have given up the story of them being fired at the end of this year.

Kaz and Scorpio won the tag title and they have new contracts.  But they did a backstage thing where Daniels's future is still in jeopardy.

1 hour ago, hammerva said:

i don't follow CMLL but does all of the Kingdom guys worked there or just Matt Taven?  If so it could be the familiarity of him.  Plus if they have a plan with Rush and Taven (which I doubt with Delirious) it makes sense to defeat Taven's #2 guy

I don't follow CMLL that closely, but I don't remember other Kingdom guys being there. Doing Rush/Taven would also be weird unless Taven would turn face.

20 minutes ago, Archibald said:

I don't follow CMLL that closely, but I don't remember other Kingdom guys being there. Doing Rush/Taven would also be weird unless Taven would turn face.

There is history with Rush and Taven. Taven and Volador, Jr. lost to Rush and Barbano Cavernairo in a hair vs. hair match at CMLL's 85th anniversary show in September.

Yes, but Taven turned in that match and Rush/Cavernario were willing to let him go without a shave. Like sure, I suppose they could try to build something from that, but Volador/Taven would make way more sense since they have more history and Taven turned on him in that match.

7 hours ago, NikoBaltimore said:

Kaz and Scorpio won the tag title and they have new contracts.  But they did a backstage thing where Daniels's future is still in jeopardy.

So Daniels is facing Scurll for his title shot at Final Battle to save his job.  

This storyline makes little to no sense since SCU basically turned face.  The crowd cheers for Daniels but Kidd won’t re-sign him based on a ruling from last January that he made.  Why can’t he just say “I changed my mind, you’ve redeemed yourself”?!  Because ROH, really.  

Im super excited for PCO in ROH.