DVDVR Message Board

2018 RING OF HONOR THREAD

26 minutes ago, Archibald said:

Beats Lethal, main events MSG show.

On a more serious note this is so weird that I don't know what to think. Since he is exclusive (and due to nature of his work) it probably would make sense to use him sparingly? Like pops up every few months to do crazy shit and sell some tickets? As I said, I don't know, this is so weird that it can either be great or be complete disaster.

I hope it's great. I love PCO. 

4 hours ago, Marty Sugar said:

But @iowanole is also correct: one of them does/did have a ban. Not sure if the five years is up, though.

Okay - so what is the current "banned from the US list"

- Speedball Mike Bailey

- Nicole Matthews

- Another one I am spacing on. I wanna say Josh???? something????

Regarding Unos and Dos

Per Cagematch - the last time Uno was in the States was March 2016. Dos was 2013 so it sounds like he was the one with the ban and it just ended (or is about to)

EDIT - JOSH ALEXANDER!

Edited by RIPPA
Stupid brain
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, RIPPA said:

Okay - so what is the current "banned from the US list"

- Speedball Mike Bailey

- Nicole Matthews

- Another one I am spacing on. I wanna say Josh???? something????

Regarding Unos and Dos

Per Cagematch - the last time Uno was in the States was March 2016. Dos was 2013 so it sounds like he was the one with the ban and it just ended (or is about to)

EDIT - JOSH ALEXANDER!

IIRC, Uno was the one who got banned back in 2011-2 or so, and his ban expired.

5 hours ago, hammerva said:

So unless they are working together, I would be more worried about the future of MLW.  I mean luckily all of Sami's friends won't get used in Ring of Honor but unless they go to the TNA well a lot they are in trouble losing PCO and Brody King

I think MLW will be fine, as they're preparing for the departures of PCO, King, and Shane Strickland. For the Dec .13-14th shows, they're bringing in Rush, Dezmond Xavier, Dragon Lee, Andrew Everett, and DJZ.

Since they're brining in Dezmond, I'd try to bring in Zachary Wentz and Trey Miguel as well.

This is why I am waiting to get my tickets to the MSG show on the secondary market because I think when the Elite officially leave the market will collapse.

2 hours ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

I think MLW will be fine, as they're preparing for the departures of PCO, King, and Shane Strickland. For the Dec .13-14th shows, they're bringing in Rush, Dezmond Xavier, Dragon Lee, Andrew Everett, and DJZ.

Since they're brining in Dezmond, I'd try to bring in Zachary Wentz and Trey Miguel as well.

They're also way better than ROH at picking out talented but relatively small names from the indies and featuring them. MLW has Kotto Brazil and Myron Reed, while ROH has Brian Milonas. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sabremike said:

This is why I am waiting to get my tickets to the MSG show on the secondary market because I think when the Elite officially leave the market will collapse.

I don't see the Bucks, Kenny, or Cody going to WWE. Even if they do start their own promotion, I wouldn't see them not having a working relationship with New Japan, ROH, and other indies. I'd expect their promotion to be like All In. I still expect them in some capacity at MSG.

6 hours ago, Archibald said:

Weren't there some rumours about Pillman and NJPW? Or am I imagining things now?

Pillman revealed that he has been in talks with a Japanese promotion, but he was coy about confirming where or not the company is New Japan Pro Wrestling.

"I'm not gonna say who it was, I'm not gonna say New Japan... But New Japan is a possibility, I didn't say it, that's how that goes," Pillman said. "Just people talking, emails, stuff like that, nothing crazy, no dates are set in stone."

Even though he didn't outright say he will be working in NJPW, Pillman basically said there is not other company he would work for in Japan. He said his goal is to work for the country's top promotion, and he expects to do so soon.

"But yeah, I'd like to go to Japan. I'd like to do it with the biggest company there, I don't want to go over there and not be taken care of to the fullest extent," he said. "So I think we're gonna be over there in some capacity soon."

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Web Conn said:

Nothing against PCO and Brody King but Tom Lawlor and Brian Pillman Jr would have been the two I signed away from MLW.

I think because Lawlor wants to continue doing MMA that is limiting his wrestling options

Makes sense then that Lawlor hasn’t signed with ROH then. 

If Pillman signs with New Japan then he’ll end up in ROH soon enough. I’ve been waiting for them to put the IWGP US title on some gajin on excerion that defends it in ROH and does the big Shows for New Japan for like a year. Have Pillman Jr do

Pillman can beat Cody on his way out (whenever that is) and run with the title In ROH for a good year or so.

To add to the Filthy talk, he actually fought in MMA on that Golden Boy Promotions card with Ortiz/Liddell III about 2 weeks ago, but yeah, if given, I agree with @Web Conn -- Filthy and Pillman Jr. would have been better pick ups for ROH than PCO and Brody King. I think the PCO fad will fade eventually and Brody King isn't particularly lighting the world on fire.

Also, if they were to try and get some guys from MLW, might as well go for MJF, too.

Regardless, ROH's future does not look good if those are guys they will rely on if/when Cody and co. walk. I'm far from a fan of those or current ROH, but from what I've seen and read, they rely heavily on those guys and the New Japan connection.

5 minutes ago, Edwin said:

Also, if they were to try and get some guys from MLW, might as well go for MJF, too.

Absolutely on MJF. He's like heel EC3, but somehow even more obnoxious. He's only been wrestling for almost four years, so you have to think he's only going to get better.

• Like 1