DVDVR Message Board

2018 RING OF HONOR THREAD

I'm not surprised that in the midst of the investigation they would double down on give him the title.  It's sadly how they operate nowadays.  But while there's the whole "innocent until proven guilty" side of things if this is true then it makes my decision to stop checking out ROH all the more easier.

On Friday, ROH COO Joe Koff released a statement to F4WOnline.com via their PR company:

"We were troubled to hear the allegations that surfaced last night on Twitter. We take these matters very seriously and will be investigating this situation thoroughly, reviewing all evidence related to the matter. Ring of Honor strives to provide an environment and workplace where male and female wrestlers are free from any misconduct or abuse. We will take appropriate action upon the conclusion of our findings."

The statement was also provided to PWTorch who ran a story about the situation on Thursday.

When asked if the company would also release a statement from Shipman or provide a timeline in which their investigation would take place, there was no additional details. At this point, Shipman hasn't made any public statement. 

https://www.f4wonline.com/ring-honor/roh-releases-statement-regarding-taeler-hendrix-allegations-261096

And now for the neckbeard portion of the story, from Meltz:

Fans were heckling Taelor Hendrix on her Friday night booking in San Antonio chanting "Jay Lethal," "ROH" and things a lot worse at her. She lashed back at them. Hendrix claimed she stopped being booked on ROH TV in 2017 when she refused to sleep with Jay Lethal. ROH, as noted yesterday, said it was Hendrix who quit the promotion and was still being booked when she quit. Lethal also responded saying there was nothing to the story and then asked not to use his words to attack himself or his accuser. "There is already too much hate going around in this world, so let's not add to it." He said he was confident the accusations will be proven to be completely unfounded and noted ROH is doing an investigation. Here's the deal, whatever you want to believe, please don't heckle either person involved regarding this situation. It's just hurts it for the fans who want to be entertained.

Wrestling fans are the worst.

• Like 1

I’m trying not to get my hopes up that this will lead to another wrestling war and a viable number 2 in North America 

i wish Sinclair would loosen up the purse strings sign the hottest indie talents, replace Delirious as booker and actually make a go of ROH as a serious competitor to the WWE.

Also does Sinclair own WGN America yet? Get someone like Lagana shit dude have a booking committee keep Delerious on the committee and go for it. Expand the roster tour more go for the secondary markets the WWE ingnores, if the have WGN give ROH 2 hours primetime on like Wednesday keep the syndicated show for the mid and lower card and see what happens.

• Like 1

On 7/8/2018 at 7:11 PM, Peck said:

And now for the neckbeard portion of the story, from Meltz:

Wrestling fans are the worst.

I'd have thought the ECW Mutants were incapable of reproduction, I'd have been wrong...

Man, that Cheeseburger-Bully Ray match was about as well put-together match as I've seen on tv this year.  The pop for Cabana coming down was honestly incredible.  

Honestly I'd be perfectly fine with a Burger TV title win.  He's a perfectly good modern day Mikey Whipwreck for ROH

• Like 3

1 hour ago, caley said:

Man, that Cheeseburger-Bully Ray match was about as well put-together match as I've seen on tv this year.  The pop for Cabana coming down was honestly incredible.  

Honestly I'd be perfectly fine with a Burger TV title win.  He's a perfectly good modern day Mikey Whipwreck for ROH

I told everyone that match was worth going out of your way to see!!!

• Like 1

I thought Dana said he'd never fight in UFC again? Pretty sure that wouldn't be a problem. It's all about whether or not Punk wants to do it. Still waiting for him to show up on a random PWG show with the Bucks like he said in the podcast.

1 hour ago, odessasteps said:

Book Phil in a worked shoot to finally get a win. 

Scorpio Sky’s got a 4-1 mma record, I think; so one “this is the worst city” SCU promo at All In, an interruption, and there’s your build. (I mean, this will absolutely not happen. But.)