DVDVR Message Board

2018 RING OF HONOR THREAD

13 hours ago, caley said:

That Sakai-Rose match was pretty great. Rose has the kind of offence Nia Jax should have. 

Dogs-Burger/Liger was pretty silly. Ligers always fun though.  

SCU-Kingdom was quite good save for the silly ending.  Bummed that Marseglia has the hatchet back.  The two balloon spots were awesome 

That they were! If you watch the Honor United shows he does some new ones as well as some similar to the ones he did on TV. 

That Sakai - Rose match was not that bad. 

I was kinda annoyed when Sumie sorta no-sold Jenny's Release German, but then Sumie ate that Spear and I was okay..

And yeah, Jenny's no frills offense would look pretty good on Nia.  My only issue is that any super aerial offense almost automatically would telegraph the transition in offense like when Nature Boy Ric Flair decides to climb to the top rope.

Going to the show tomorrow at the Hammerstein Ballroom. Still a decent amount of tickets left in the second balcony according to TicketMaster. The co main events of Hung Bucks vs Briscoes/Punishment Martinez and Castle vs Ultimo Guerrero for the ROH title should be fun.

47 minutes ago, nate said:

"HUNG" Bucks?  I've missed something, clearly.

The name of the 6 man trio of the Bucks and Hangman Paige. I thought it was funny.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Some of you are going to love the finish of the Ultimo Guerrero-Taven match and some of you are going to absolutely hate it. Was a real good match. Oh and also Chuckle T is God.

Channel surfed and came on this weekends episode just as Silas vs Aries was about to start.

I'm a fan of both of these guys, this match has had a build over the last two months if you follow ROH TV so I said what the hey i'll watch.

I really liked how they took their time in the beginning to get going. It's what I appreciate from Silas he doesn't sacrifice a story in favor of spots.

Aries did an elbow drop to the back of Silas as he was in a seated position on the mat that looked like it hurt. gnarly move.

Match is snug as fuck. It might not be Kings Road but they laid their shit in.  Even this suicide dive from Aries to Silas on the outside and some oomf, it knocked Silas into the guard rail that was a good distance behind him.

They went to town on each other dude, Aries hit a spinebuster on Silas to the apron. Aries wants that belt bad. Television Championship only belt he hasn't worn in ROH, that and the 6 man and the pure title and the women's championship.

I'm not going to spoil it for anyone who still hasn't seen the match yet but I will say that the finish was overbooked.

It also really needs to be said what a great 6 man team Young/Bruiser/Millianos are. They were just so great tonight. Bruiser and Millianos are so great at playing their roles as fat slob bullies, they would probably never get a WWE offer because of cosmetic shape and that's a shame because they would get over big if pushed correctly.

• Like 1

Favorite part of the show this week was the random blurring-out of the streamer-collector worker at ringside during Cody's promo. In fact, there's been a lot of weird editing over the past few weeks. 

Cabana refusing to say Spring Roll was kinda funny too.

Looks like 2002 shows are going up on Honor Club. They just added The Era of Honor Begins. Strangely the opening segment with Da Hit Squad and the Christopher Street Connection is missing. No entrances either which has to mean that the delay in getting the old shows up was either removing all the music or removing all traces of the CSC.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, GodzillaPerez said:

Looks like 2002 shows are going up on Honor Club. They just added The Era of Honor Begins. Strangely the opening segment with Da Hit Squad and the Christopher Street Connection is missing. No entrances either which has to mean that the delay in getting the old shows up was either removing all the music or removing all traces of the CSC.

Sinclair would prefer if it had been two white guys, say the Carnage Crew, beating down the homosexuals rather than two Spanish guys.

• Haha 1

On 6/5/2018 at 12:40 AM, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Sinclair would prefer if it had been two white guys, say the Carnage Crew, beating down the homosexuals rather than two Spanish guys.

FAKE NEWS FROM THE LIBERAL MEDIA!

The truth is that Sinclair would prefer it if the Carnage Crew beat down the LGBT team and the Hispanics.  And possibly the Minnesota Homewrecking Crew.  And maybe Teddy Hart's cats, just to make sure.  I'm fairly sure Trump doesn't trust Canadian cats.

• Haha 2

The briscoes are headed to wwc in Puerto Rico for the big anniversario shows next month. I find this interesting because I thought roh talent couldn't work shows in the United States that had tv? I know guys work pwg.

BIG WOW.

Sinclair CEO Chris Ripley told the Baltimore Biz Journal Tuesday that ROH will run a show at NYC's Madison Square Garden in 2019. The interview was done in relation to WWE's recent TV deals and the company's own prospects for the future.

There wasn't any additional detail or a time of year mentioned. Of note, WrestleMania is returning to the New York area next spring with the arena events running out of Brooklyn's Barclays Center due to the costs of running MSG.

ROH has run shows in New York City and the region since their inception, mainly focusing on smaller venues like the Manhattan Center and Terminal 5. This would obviously be a massive step in terms of size, scope, and costs.

However, the recent success The Young Bucks and Cody Runnels had in quickly selling out a 10,000 seat venue in the Chicago region without a card could be bolstering the company's hopes to sell out MSG with the right mix of talent (i.e. Bucks, Cody, Kenny Omega, etc).