DVDVR Message Board

2018 RING OF HONOR THREAD

1 hour ago, Edwin said:

Considering most of your post in this thread seem to be about how bad the service is -- you should have cancelled it and submitted a refund request with your CC months ago...

I haven't had it for months. I waited and waited for the promised roku app.  It didn't work for Supercard of Honor but it did work for the last 2 shows and was good.  Now it's been offline for a week with zero communication for ROH.  Nobody can defend them at this point.  If and when NJPW leaves them they will be done. They have no identity what so ever.

Also I waited for the "Gabe era" content which had been promised.  Now they tell some people in emails that it will never come.  They are unorganized and have zero direction

15 hours ago, S.K.o.S. said:

Well, I'll spoiler this then, as it involves tonight's show in Lowell.

Reveal hidden contents

According to PWInsider, the announced main event of Castle vs. Taven for the ROH title is cancelled.  They waited until a couple matches into the show to announce that.

Did they give a reason why?

1 hour ago, cubbymark said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Dalton Castle injury.

Spoiler

His back isn't doing too hot, if this is a shoot injury we could see a Taven run sooner than later I think. Unless they give it back to Cody. Or Omega so they could run there own Brock angle lol.

Guest Edwin

Not that it really matters, but ROH has uploaded old videos on social media -- today they uploaded one of the Embassay vs. Generation Next matches on Facebook. I'm sure they still have these videos around. Why they don't want to upload it to Honor Club will continue to be a mystery.

I just received confirmation from them on my refund. They didn't answer my question as to why the roku was down or why nobody was notified.   I use a streaming site that has every 2002-2004 roh show in pristine quality. Usually new shows are added hrs after they happen.  Even having this option i tried paying ROH for their services but with all the blunders a 10% coupon really isn't going to fix the problems.

On 5/11/2018 at 2:29 PM, Edwin said:

Not that it really matters, but ROH has uploaded old videos on social media -- today they uploaded one of the Embassay vs. Generation Next matches on Facebook. I'm sure they still have these videos around. Why they don't want to upload it to Honor Club will continue to be a mystery.

Because they'd have to a modicum of editing to remove or dub the music which Sinclair have probably decided isn't worth the time involved because why would anyone want to watch pre-Bullet Club ROH? I dunno how it wouldn't pop a few hundred subs at least but I have no idea what their margins are.

1 hour ago, ChesterCopperpot said:

Bucks/SSB easily the match of the night

I get Castle was injured and Flip couldn't get into Canada - but Cabana in a ROH main event in 2018 - ugh 

Flip was there. Pretty sure I saw him?

The promo/hype for the return of Joey Daddieggo this week was really weird. Enjoyed Shane Taylor destroying him.  

I actually really love Punishment Martinez but they need to protect the gimmick more.  He shouldn't be doing promos, much less doing promos in athletic gear.  Man needs a manager STAT (I know I'm probably alone on this but I would bring back Truth Martini to manage him!). Match with Lethal was decent - liked the repeated topes- but I feel like the result sets Martinez back that he goes from potential World Championship contender to beaten clean and fairly easily by Lethal.  

Main event will depend on much you like BC shtick.  Was a little too much for my liking.  

That Sakai-Rose match was pretty great. Rose has the kind of offence Nia Jax should have. 

Dogs-Burger/Liger was pretty silly. Ligers always fun though.  

SCU-Kingdom was quite good save for the silly ending.  Bummed that Marseglia has the hatchet back.  The two balloon spots were awesome