DVDVR Message Board

2018 RING OF HONOR THREAD

5 hours ago, Peck said:

Just noticed that they have Pittsburgh listed as a TV Taping now instead of a House Show. 

Spoilered for size:

Reveal hidden contents

ROH STEEL CITY EXCELLENCE
SATURDAY, APRIL 14THBELL TIME @ 07:00 PM EDT
STAGE AE
400 N SHORE DRIVE
15212 PITTSBURGH

ALREADY SIGNED:

ROH WORLD TELEVISION CHAMPIONSHIP
WINNER OF ROH WORLD TELEVISION CHAMPIONSHIP LAST MAN STANDING MATCH AT SUPERCARD OF HONOR BETWEEN CHAMPION KENNY KING AND SILAS YOUNG vs. FLIP GORDON

SIGNED TO APPEAR:
CURRENT ROH WORLD CHAMPION DALTON CASTLE & THE BOYS
CURRENT ROH WORLD TAG TEAM CHAMPIONS THE BRISCOES (JAY & MARK)
CURRENT ROH WORLD SIX-MAN TAG TEAM CHAMPIONS SOCAL UNCENSORED (CHRISTOPHER DANIELS, FRANKIE KAZARIAN, & SCORPIO SKY)
“THE AMERICAN NIGHTMARE” CODY
“THE VILLAIN” MARTY SCURLL
ADAM PAGE
THE YOUNG BUCKS
JAY LETHAL
THE MOTOR CITY MACHINE GUNS (ALEX SHELLEY & CHRIS SABIN)
ROH ENFORCER BULLY RAY
COAST 2 COAST (SHAHEEM ALI & LSG)
THE KINGDOM (MATT TAVEN, VINNY MARSEGLIA & TK O'RYAN)
THE DAWGS (RHETT TITUS & WILL FERRARA)
PUNISHMENT MARTINEZ
BEER CITY BRUISER & BRIAN MILONAS
JOSH WOODS
SHANE TAYLOR
CAPRICE COLEMAN
CHEESEBURGER
JONATHAN GRESHAM
“THE EXOTIC GODDESS” MANDY LEON
“THE GATEKEEPER” KELLY KLEIN
SUMIE SAKAI
DEONNA PURRAZZO
JENNY ROSE
MADISON RAYNE
TENILLE DASHWOOD
BRANDI RHODES

Yeah I figured that must have been the case because when I signed up for Honor Club it mentioned Supercard of Honor then Masters of Craft with no mention of Pittsburgh. 

4 hours ago, caley said:

Kind of crazy to see a WOH match main event ROH's TV show and have no mention of it being historic.  I mean, it has to be the first WOH match to headline an ROH show, right?  Yet, it was kinda passed off as the sub-main because of the earlier main event (Dalton/Kenny-Briscoes).  Solid match, too.  Mayu (Too lazy to google her last name) is great (I've never really seen her before, not a big joshi guy) but I think she's kinda head-and-shoulders above the other women in the tourney, no disrespect to the rest of the field given the relative short-length of time a lot of them've been wrestling (Mandy, Q, Brandi etc.) but it feels kinda like if Connor McDavid took a break from the NHL and played against a bunch of beer league teams.

Didn't really care for the Cody-Kenny showdown coming down to "Haha, your wife has compromised morals" when there's so much else for them to be fighting for.

Iwatani. The WOH Tournament is pretty much Emma and Mayu as the top tier then the 2nd tier women with some 3rd tier women to fill out the 16. Hopefully the Top Tier is in the finals but Mayu has to be able to beat Klein which is a tall order the way she is booked in ROH. 

Delirious' shitty booking strikes again but at least the match has been built way better on Being the Elite.

Yep Mayu and Kagetsu were pretty much the best wrestlers involved in this tournament. I don't really expect Mayu to make it past Klein. Its probably why she didn't regain Stardom's top belt like which I suspected would be the case. I'm just happy that more are subscribing to Stardom World after seeing Mayu and co. in WOH.

On 4/4/2018 at 7:33 PM, Keep Calm, Akira Hokuto On said:

Mark Henry is appearing at an indy show?  Is he not under contract right now?  I kinda assumed he was still under contract, just not wrestling/on tv at the moment.  He's working for the 'E as an agent, right?

He is officially a "producer"

He probably has a contract similar to people like Jerry Lawler now.

So he can work outside shows (just like Lawler showed up at last night's WrestleCon show)

yep honor club keeps giving error messages and the site is down. I paid the fuckers and now this BS.  ROH truly is the Charlie Brown of wrestling. I could have waited a day and watched this shit free on Kodi but I figured I would support them and pay the VIP.  No good deed goes unfucked

Just now, Hail Sabin said:

Sumie vs. Klein is the finals both Mayu and Tenille lost on the pre show. 

Yeah - that was what I was referring too.

Of course - the website going tits up right before their biggest show ever is no shock either

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Hail Sabin said:

Sumie vs. Klein is the finals both Mayu and Tenille lost on the pre show. 

Well that's the exact opposite match than what I wanted. Sigh

On the bright side, nobody is seeing the show anyway.

• Like 1