DVDVR Message Board

2018 RING OF HONOR THREAD

ROH running Mason for a TV taping was not something I was expecting to read at 4:30 in the morning

Now I have to decide if I hate myself enough to attend

4 hours ago, RIPPA said:

ROH running Mason for a TV taping was not something I was expecting to read at 4:30 in the morning

Maybe there will be luchadors.

7 hours ago, RIPPA said:

This made me look up ROH events for the first time in forever and Best In The World is at UMBC at the end of June. Which is pretty tempting, but...

2 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Yeah - it all depends on if there is CMLL and/or NJ involvement 

^^^^^^^^

Boy there hasn't been an ROH card that really interested me that wasn't buoyed by heavy international involvement in a long, long time.

18 hours ago, RIPPA said:

I must decide if I hate myself to go to the show at UMBC on June 29th.

14 hours ago, J.T. said:

I must decide if I hate myself to go to the show at UMBC on June 29th.

Considering all the local shows you missed recently with a good card I imagine it'll be worth making the trek to UMBC. 

And I'm going to Supercard of Honor which sounds like a really fun show on paper.  Can't wait to see Tanahashi and other NJ folks live.

6 minutes ago, Peck said:

Ecstatic to see that common sense prevailed and they put Klein over Mandy on TV this week, even though they had to protect Mandy for whatever reason.

I was pleasantly surprised to see that, glad I didn't read the spoilers.  If anything her loss makes for a more interesting tournament, can't wait to see who wins the title.

7 minutes ago, NikoBaltimore said:

I was pleasantly surprised to see that, glad I didn't read the spoilers.  If anything her loss makes for a more interesting tournament, can't wait to see who wins the title.

Haven't looked at the brackets in awhile but it's pretty much coming down to Tenille/Klein, right?

1 minute ago, Peck said:

Haven't looked at the brackets in awhile but it's pretty much coming down to Tenille/Klein, right?

More likely it will be Tenille vs. Mayu Iwatani

I don't pay too much attention to ROH, but why would people think Leon would go over someone who hasn't taken a pinfall in ROH in over 2 years? I don't really see Mayu making it past Klein either. Its one of the reasons I have trouble seeing her regain Stardom's main belt this weekend.

I thought Klein over Leon was the way to go, but I thought they went about it in the worst way.  The "ref didn't see her tap" deal was decent in theory, but the execution could have been better.  It seemed like the ref should have been able to see Klein tap.

Yeah, I wasn't fully on board with the tap and the ref not seeing it.  Nice idea but no thanks.  But I'm just glad we're not getting Mandy/Brandi in the finals like most of us predicted.  Tenille vs. Mayu or Kelly should be a really good final.

On 3/26/2018 at 2:57 PM, Peck said:

Ecstatic to see that common sense prevailed and they put Klein over Mandy on TV this week, even though they had to protect Mandy for whatever reason.

Keeps her strong for bah bah bah bah.

• Haha 1

I am so over Bully Ray as special enforcer/GM.  Him congratulating Flip Gordon for "taking your ribbing from the Bucks like a man and not whining about it in the back or on Twitter " was like old wrestler Bingo.   He just needed to work a "mark" reference and say "boys in the back" and it would've been 100%

I liked the Briscoes delivery on their promo but not the content.  Them praising the singles acumen of Lethal and Tanahashi felt wrong after months of being violent and disrespectful. 

Also the Boys really need individual names.  I'd like to suggest Boyd and Boyce.

Pretty blah show this week but the Silas-King brawl and promos were pretty damn great. 

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, caley said:

I am so over Bully Ray as special enforcer/GM.  Him congratulating Flip Gordon for "taking your ribbing from the Bucks like a man and not whining about it in the back or on Twitter " was like old wrestler Bingo.   He just needed to work a "mark" reference and say "boys in the back" and it would've been 100%

I liked the Briscoes delivery on their promo but not the content.  Them praising the singles acumen of Lethal and Tanahashi felt wrong after months of being violent and disrespectful. 

Also the Boys really need individual names.  I'd like to suggest Boyd and Boyce.

Pretty blah show this week but the Silas-King brawl and promos were pretty damn great. 

Yeah the Bully segments are the lowlights of the show each week.