DVDVR Message Board

2018 RING OF HONOR THREAD

When's Adam Page getting a singles title run? I would have thought he'd be TV champion by now. I've seen him go from being another young boy indie wrestler in those black shorts for The Decade to being a fully formed character as the fixer in the Bullet Club. The Hangman is a cool gimmick and he does it well. ROH has a bad history of not striking while the iron is hot especially during this Delirious Era. Moose, Donovan Dijak and Lio Rush all went through their runs in ROH not holding championship gold. 

• Like 1

I'm not sure he's ready to be put in a major position like that yet.

I want to see how the Jay White and Ibushi matches go. If he puts in excellent singles performances in them, I'm all aboard putting him in the mix with King and maybe Aries or whoever. 

I believe it was the last Atlanta episode, The Vegas tapings will air next week. So I assume Kenny will be on next week's episode. I get annoyed when ROH starts their angles tied to a PPV two weeks after said PPV aired. 

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, West Newbury Bad Boy said:

For all the Hangman praise, I have a hard time getting past his SSP off the apron. Almost every time I remember to watch, it looks awful. 

There's just not enough room to do it well unless he suddenly starts being able to jump up another six inches or so.

• Like 1

I know I'm old and lame and etc. etc. but I find the Bullet Club to be an annoying collection of shits.  Regardless, Hangman Page aggravates me based on the simple fact that he's got a great goddamn name and works nothing like he 'should' where he could just be mauling fools and hanging them with a bull rope and instead he's too cute by half.

Too cute by half describes every Bullet Club member except The Bucks who are too cute by 8 times the proper amount.

• Like 3

Guest Edwin

Hopefully this Supercard is better than last years as it was worse event I attended all 'Mania weekend.

Has anyone signed up for Honor Club? Have they uploaded anything pre 2011 or have they announced an estimated timeframe for when they plan on making that footage available?

3 hours ago, Goodear said:

I know I'm old and lame and etc. etc. but I find the Bullet Club to be an annoying collection of shits.  Regardless, Hangman Page aggravates me based on the simple fact that he's got a great goddamn name and works nothing like he 'should' where he could just be mauling fools and hanging them with a bull rope and instead he's too cute by half.

Too cute by half describes every Bullet Club member except The Bucks who are too cute by 8 times the proper amount.

The 10 man match this week was hot garbage thanks to all the bullshit gaga the Bullet Club was doing.  

Guest Edwin
6 minutes ago, Web Conn said:

You didn't like last years Supercard?

No, I thought it was really boring aside from the crazy Hardyz/Bucks ladder match.

1 hour ago, Oyaji said:

I don't think Goodear gets it.

Lethal/Tanahashi vs. Briscoes should be great. Stacked card y'all. Anybody know if Honor Club isn't a total mess yet?

354870.gif?b64lines=SSB1c2VkIHRvIGJlIHdp

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, Goodear said:

I agree with you 10000%

• Like 1

From all accounts Honor Club is extremely unorganized and nothing pre 2011 has been added.  They are working to have it available on ROKU and Apple by Supercard of Honor but I would be hesitant to join as of now. I was initially going to do the VIP but they didn't have the roku set up. Now I am glad to have waited as I have yet to read 1 single good review about the Honor Club.  I have even had 3 people who currently work for and/or wrestle for ROH tell me not to waste my money until the bugs are out.   Just a huge mess.  Powerbomb, WWN, Highspots, and even czw run a better platform than ROH and that is inexcusable.

Guest Edwin
2 hours ago, Web Conn said:

You didn't like the Lethal-Cody bullrope match or Daniels vs Castle?

No. I had high hopes for the bullrope match, but it didn't come across as the violent, hate filled brawl I was hoping it would be.

I find Daniels boring and thought this match went on forever and was pretty average live -- so I'm sure it was no better on video.

On 2018-03-20 at 12:36 AM, mattdangerously said:

The 10 man match this week was hot garbage thanks to all the bullshit gaga the Bullet Club was doing.  

Isn't this true for every Bullet Club tag team match that involves The Elite guys?

• Like 1

On 19/03/2018 at 7:28 PM, Goodear said:

The weird thing is he has worked to the gimmick and been a ruthless asshole.