DVDVR Message Board

2018 RING OF HONOR THREAD

4 hours ago, paintedbynumbers said:

I was told the music editing has already been completed they are just waiting to gauge interest in the product and will be slowly rolling out the Gabe-era years. 

The interest is there's, that's the frustrating part.  There's so many issues with signing up and they still need to sort out the app situation.  Once they do that if they put a little bit of Gabe-era shows then they'll see it's worth rolling them out.  But as it is it's just not worth it.

3 hours ago, NikoBaltimore said:

The interest is there's, that's the frustrating part.  There's so many issues with signing up and they still need to sort out the app situation.  Once they do that if they put a little bit of Gabe-era shows then they'll see it's worth rolling them out.  But as it is it's just not worth it.

couldn't agree more. Frustrating with  tomm and sat's shows in japan, the anniversary show and manhattan mayhem all big shows but the app won't be ready until the end of March. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, paintedbynumbers said:

I was told the music editing has already been completed they are just waiting to gauge interest in the product and will be slowly rolling out the Gabe-era years. 

I feel like if they had anyone who paid attention to the internet, they'd know that the main interest in the streaming service is the old shows. I even like the current era but am 100% content without a subscription at the moment. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, RazorbladeKiss87 said:

I feel like if they had anyone who paid attention to the internet, they'd know that the main interest in the streaming service is the old shows. I even like the current era but am 100% content without a subscription at the moment. 

Exactly, I'd be cool to get the current shows live as they happen but the main selling point is the early years.

• Like 1

So I am watching Manhatten Mayhem on Honor Club. Quality is pretty good so far on computer.  Anyway watching this Punisher Martinez vs Soberano Jr match.  Now they were claiming that he got into the building about 10 minutes before the match because of traffic issues.  I really hope so because lord Soberano Jr is really dog shit in this match and Punisher is making it much worse.  

Don't really know much about this show and seeing that we are getting Cody vs Flip Gordon isn't exciting me.  Especially when the stipulation is that if Flip wins he gets to wrestle on a NON Ring of Honor show :rolleyes:

I better not see this damn bear at ringside when they do Cody vs Omega at New Orleans.  And why is his name 'Bury" 

1 hour ago, hammerva said:

Don't really know much about this show and seeing that we are getting Cody vs Flip Gordon isn't exciting me.  Especially when the stipulation is that if Flip wins he gets to wrestle on a NON Ring of Honor show :rolleyes:

I better not see this damn bear at ringside when they do Cody vs Omega at New Orleans.  And why is his name 'Bury" 

If Flip wins, he gets a spot on a non- Ring of Honor show. ROH knows how to make themselves look bush league. 

From reading up on it, Bury the Bear was Cody's idea. Why is his name Bury? A not subtle dig at HHH, maybe? I really don't know.

Well I know that this whole drug fee stuff that Cody and the Bucks are constantly talking about is a dig at Roman Reigns who talked shit about Cody on Twitter and then Cody referenced Roman's two failed drug tests in a promo

I mean when about 70% of your crowd is wearing a Bullet Club shirt then I guess it makes sense to promote this ALL IN show but yeah it is really it just validates what everyone already knows that ROH

They announced on this show that Ishii will be Supercard at Honor

2 hours ago, hammerva said:

So I am watching Manhatten Mayhem on Honor Club. Quality is pretty good so far on computer.  Anyway watching this Punisher Martinez vs Soberano Jr match.  Now they were claiming that he got into the building about 10 minutes before the match because of traffic issues.  I really hope so because lord Soberano Jr is really dog shit in this match and Punisher is making it much worse.  

Twitter was saying the CMLL guys were delayed at immigration. 

My parody of an indy wrasslin' crowd would have a lot more chin beards.  Maybe even on some of the men.

Current ROH reminds me of WCW when they started holding nWo-branded PPVs.  Except if ROH just gave up and rebranded everything Bullet Club, no one would get the joke and Meltzer would spend a couple paragraphs discussing what a smart business decision it was.

Tenille Dashwood vs. Brandi Rhodes and Sumie Sakai vs. Hana Kimura in Women of Honor Championship tournament matches will air on Facebook Live on Friday prior to ROH’s 16th Anniversary PPV.

22 minutes ago, Wyld Samurai said:

Tim Burton could always make another Planet of the Apes film

Planet of the Apes is way below Mark Briscoe's obvious acting ability and intellect. One day, we're going to find out he actually has an IQ of 160 and speaks seven languages fluently.

• Like 1