DVDVR Message Board

2018 RING OF HONOR THREAD

Forgot to mention how good Castle-Rodriguez was.  I thought it was really well put together with Castle trying to outwit Martinez and Punishment taking back advantage with power only to be outwitted at the end.  Only thing I didn't like was Castle letting Rodriguez beat up his boys and not trying to stop him. 

Rayne-Leon was better than I expected.  I think part of Leon's problem is she's not quite mean enough (yet) and she's hesitant to hurt anyone so she doesn't really lay into her strikes or impactful moves.  

If ROH is going to push Brandi Rhodes as the underdog of WOH tournament they should probably not make her one of like 5 wrestlers on the roster who gets pyro when they come out! "A lot of people have penciled Karen Q as the favourite upon seeing the brackets!" Oh really?! So the woman with the generic theme song and the entrance with lots of Qs is the favourite over the woman who has a less generic theme song and fireworks in her entrance?!

8 hours ago, caley said:

If ROH is going to push Brandi Rhodes as the underdog of WOH tournament they should probably not make her one of like 5 wrestlers on the roster who gets pyro when they come out! "A lot of people have penciled Karen Q as the favourite upon seeing the brackets!" Oh really?! So the woman with the generic theme song and the entrance with lots of Qs is the favourite over the woman who has a less generic theme song and fireworks in her entrance?!

Remember last week Ian was putting over that Madison was a favorite to go to the Finals as well. 

So I signed up for this Honor Club thing.  Only did the monthly.  Still pretty early so maybe they are constantly adding but they only have TV from the middle of 2014 and about a couple months behind.  As far as live show they probably have about 70% of 2017 up on live shows and they are only going back as 2011 which I assume is the Sinclair start.   Now I wonder if the yearly people are seeing everything or it is pretty much the same

So they don't have any shows from the Gabe era? I'll probably still sign up for the Mania show but now maybe just for the month instead of the year.

Edit: okay, so apparently it's just Sinclair era footage right now because of copyright issues with the music prior to that. Why the fuck didn't they sort that out before launch?!  

Catching up on previous episodes, and the Marty Scurll/Shane Taylor finish had me shaking my head. Ref turns around, sees a cloud of powder in the air, sees the powder on Taylor's face, and on Marty's hand. Counts the pinfall anyway. Makes the refs look like a total moron.

The Bullet Club explodes stuff is interesting, but I feel it would be better if someone was going from heel to face in the scenario.

12 hours ago, caley said:

You get perks when you are fucking the "top guy" .

22 hours ago, Oyaji said:

So they don't have any shows from the Gabe era? I'll probably still sign up for the Mania show but now maybe just for the month instead of the year.

Edit: okay, so apparently it's just Sinclair era footage right now because of copyright issues with the music prior to that. Why the fuck didn't they sort that out before launch?!  

To be fair, NJPW World had/has the same issue, where the older stuff has no intros and it took upwards of a year to sort out all the international rights to music.  I think they only one they don't have still is Makabe's.  And the copyright issues with Gabe-era music is gonna cost a TON, since everything pre-PPV was licenced stuff, as was everything that wasn't taped for PPV.

Since that's what NJWorld did, no, it shouldn't.  But at the same time, Sinclair is notorously cheap, So any extra money put up for any extra effort then just running DVD's through a ripper and uploading it to a server would be something they wouldn't spend.

• Sad 1

I think they are doing a lot wrong.  Powerbombtv  and WWN both were able to get a ROKU channel fairly quick. ROH is saying end of march for a ROKU app.  They also should have had the pre  Sinclair era shows finished by now. I heard over 6 months ago they were going in and remastering them.  It seems very rushed not to mention people being double billed and not able to view half of the shows.  I want to give them my money but at this point I am holding off.

• Like 2

I a firmly in the "give me 2002-2007 RoH and I'll pay you 10 bucks a month, if you aren't giving me that I'm not giving you a cent" mindset. Not even because what they do offer doesn't interest me (though it mostly doesn't) but just because having that tape library and then sitting on it is a special love of fucking stupid.

• Like 8

ROH can simply  mute it like NJPW. Would it suck? Absolutely but at least the shows would  be there.  I have heard of 5 ppl who have been at the least double charged. One guy on ROHworld was charged 4 times!!!  I mean how can every other promotion figure out how to work a streaming device and ROH can't??  It's not that difficult. Fuck CZW can do it.