DVDVR Message Board

2018 RING OF HONOR THREAD

In classic Observer fashion, almost every time the ROH website was linked in the daily update about the stream, it was linked to the wrong website. The first time I didn't notice what the typo was and thought the stream had crashed their site. Figured it out though and will probably be sitting down to watch it while I unwind after work. 

I watched the show on Fite TV so I could chromecast it to my TV. Can't do that from ROH's site.

Gresham vs. Lethal was the MOTN. It made me wish ACH was still in the company so he could sit there and sell for Gresham.
I amazed Rhett Titus still gets a paycheck from ROH.  I'm amused assuming that the YB booking the past two months seems to be "Look,  we actually can sell!"

7 hours ago, Hail Sabin said:

I would love if Mayu made the Finals against Tenille. 

If it wasn't for who the 1st round opponent and the probably the 2nd round opponent is I would think Madison Rayne has a chance to make a final.   It is funny that the two women who have been pushed way way way too hard are in the same group.

I hate to say this but if Gresham was 5 inches taller he would probably be in NXT right now.  He is so technically good against all types of opponents

45 minutes ago, hammerva said:

If it wasn't for who the 1st round opponent and the probably the 2nd round opponent is I would think Madison Rayne has a chance to make a final.   It is funny that the two women who have been pushed way way way too hard are in the same group.

I hate to say this but if Gresham was 5 inches taller he would probably be in NXT right now.  He is so technically good against all types of opponents

I'm currently watching this week's TV and Madison clearly has to slow way the hell down for Mandy the whole match. Good video promo package before the match and Deonna Purrazzo is on commentary for the match. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Keep Calm, Akira Hokuto On said:

Am I the only one that really wants Briscoes/Usos?

No

There was that period a couple of years ago where they kept teasing they were coming for New Day and I was like "If that happens I will no longer want for anything from wrestling"

1 hour ago, Keep Calm, Akira Hokuto On said:

I actually do have VHS tapes with Briscoe matches on them.  

Day one ish vs. "Day One Ish"?

... uh, yes plz

• Like 2

I thought Honor Reigns Supreme was a really fun show, just three hours of good to great wrestling matches.

Tenille Dashwood was a fun surprise. Her match was fine pretty short but fine.

I had a slight issue with Dalton Castle, the Champion wrestling in a 6 man match right before intermission but the match was fun and Bruno use to work before intermission in the garden as Champ so ok I'll deal with it.

Silas Young vs Josh Woods was really good actually, Woods has come a long way since being booed out of the ECW Arena for going over David Starr last spring.

The last three matches were really fucking good.

Lethal vs Gresham was awesome. Wrestling for the sake of wrestling.

Aside from the super sports entertainmenty finish, The Bullet Club vs The Kingdom was a very good match. I don't want to like Matt Taven but I might actually like Matt Taven.

Young Bucks vs Best Friends actually had in ring psychology and a cigarette spot. So i'm calling it a good match.

Heel Briscoes are by far the best Briscoes. They've just been beating the shit out of the Machine Guns as of late. I have a feeling that The Briscoes vs MCMG is happening on the Anniversary Show come May and that's alright with me jack, as i'm gonna be their live to see it. I'm also thinking the Briscoes walk away with the titles. 

7 hours ago, Keep Calm, Akira Hokuto On said:

No and I wouldn't mind the Briscoes vs. the Bar either.