DVDVR Message Board

2018 RING OF HONOR THREAD

12 hours ago, EVA said:

I kinda see it the other way around.  I think ROH has thrown down the gauntlet here, and it's up to NXT to pick it up.  This is probably the biggest possible Indy match you can run in 2018, and I imagine there are a LOT more people who care about seeing that match than another Almas title defense.   They're going to have to come up with something really compelling on the undercard or ROH is going to swallow up most of the attention that weekend.

Yeah I agree. I’ll be ordering my first ROH ppv here (how much are they? I may just do the annual vip package). I can just watch takeover after, I don’t see them doing anything that would come close to matching my anticipation for this. 

Without getting into any NXT spoilers, I wonder if they’re regretting some of their recent booking choices in light of the Omega/Cody announcement.  ROH is getting two months to sell this match.  While

(vague spoiler)

NXT is going to spend at least part of that time pretending the biggest match they have to offer isn’t going to happen.

5 minutes ago, EVA said:

Without getting into any NXT spoilers, I wonder if they’re regretting some of their recent booking choices in light of the Omega/Cody announcement.  ROH is getting two months to sell this match.  While

(vague spoiler)

Reveal hidden contents

NXT is going to spend at least part of that time pretending the biggest match they have to offer isn’t going to happen.

Don't think they're worried at all. No one who is savvy/geeky enough to be a NXT fan is doubting that it'll happen. If they were worried or even annoyed by it, they'd be  tossing money around and gutting companies.

Apparently the company has already sold close to 4,000 tickets to the Mania weekend show which means it's going to be the biggest crowd in company history even if they don't sell another ticket.

54 minutes ago, Hagan said:

Apparently the arena is set up for a bit over 5000 so should come close to a sellout. Imagine a lot of people are holding out for the NXT lineup before buying. 

They might end up boned considering the only Takeover tickets left (obviously ignoring the secondary market) are upper bowl seats (at least per Ticketmaster this morning)

There are going to be over 100K wrestling fans in town that week. I don't think either show has anything to worry about.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Raziel403 said:

So Leon/Rhodes is pretty much a lock for finals.

1 hour ago, RIPPA said:

Bingo

Are they seriously suggesting that there will be a finalist in the B Bracket not named Sumie Sakai?

Who is the even money favorite for the ??? spot? 

I would laugh my ass off if Hania made her return to ROH a whole three weeks before her blow-off match is televised on Impact, but her current shit attitude makes those chances pretty remote..

2 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Bingo

I'm already horrified by the idea of it.  If that's going to be the finals then it seems pointless to bring in Stardom women.  I'm sure there's plenty of American women that could travel less and lose to Mandy and Brandi.

Was Brandi even a trained wrestler prior to being in ROH?

At least with the trend in ROH tv over the past several years none of this will actually air on there.

This past week I've come to think that Punishment Martinez is Barron Corbin if he was actually good and had a better hairline.

• Like 2

Just now, HumanChessgame said:

Was Brandi even a trained wrestler prior to being in ROH?

Technically she was trained at the PC.

She literally did one match and they moved her to ring announcer

Draw your own conclusions

• Like 1

The show Friday night is streaming free on Facebook, ROHwrestling.com, and FiteTV. Jay Lethal vs Jonathan Gresham sounds like a potential great match. Best Friends vs Bucks, Kingdom vs BC (Cody/Marty/Hangman), SoCal vs Castle and The Boys...

Sounds like a fun show. I'll be watching. Here's the card for tonight, looks stellar:

* Cody Rhodes, Adam Page, & Marty Scurll vs. The Kingdom
* Dalton Castle & The Boys vs. Socal Uncensored
* Jay Lethal vs. Jonathan Gresham
* The Young Bucks vs. The Best Friends
* Punishment Martinez vs. Flip Gordon
* Kenny King vs. Shane Taylor

Future Stars Wrestling has announced Jushin Liger for a show on Sunday, March 11 in Las Vegas.  I'm thinking that means there's a very high chance of Liger appearing at one or both of ROH's anniversary PPV on March 9th and tv tapings on March 10th, which are also both in Vegas.

• Like 1

I wanted to go to the Cabarus ROH show tonight but opted not to make a midnight run back.  Isn't tonight a TV Taping ro is that for tomorrow's ROH house show?

I need to get my Supercard of Honor tickets it seems, been putting it off but Mania weekend is creeping up fast.