DVDVR Message Board

2018 RING OF HONOR THREAD

I'm only about 15 minutes I to this weeks show but pretty sure nothing else is going to touch the opening segment with Jay Lethal confronting Dalton Castle and Castle saying how Lethal had ignored him before now and hadn't even sent him a friend request on Facebook which led to a "Be his friend "  chant which was great.  Then Castle asked him why he was out here and Lethal said it was pretty obvious why he was out there and some guy yells "The Boys!" which made the entire audience laugh.  

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

Kinda bummed out that I have to work on Saturday, and I just found out yesterday afternoon that they’re doing a TV taping in Nashville on that day. The first two or three matches of the Women’s tournament, and Cody and the Bucks live (plus a pretty cheap meet and greet + autographs).

Damn you, adult life. What sucks is I could have taken off for that day too had I known about this in advance. Either I’m a bad wrestling fan for not knowing, or ROH sucks at local promotion. Maybe both.

PS I don’t think Brandi wins the entire thing, but I think she’ll make it to the semi or the finals.

Not exactly a beacon of reliable news, but WrestlingInc says there's 8 matches in the tournament meaning 16 women are in the tournament (obviously). There's 3 matches this weekend at the TV taping for the tournament: Madison Rayne/Mandy Leon, Brandi Rhodes/Karen Q and Kelly Klein/Jessie Brooks.

I actually love the way they're booking Castle as champ with all these guys (Lethal, Martinez, Taben, Scurll and Rhodes) making bids for the belt. Makes it seem important that everyone wants it. 

Are they bringing back the Pure Wrestling Title?  With Gresham talking about pure wrestling last week and the announcers bringing up the Pure Wrestling Title this week, it certainly seems like it. 

If they were gonna bring it back Gresham is the guy on their roster to put it on. Not for nothing but if they were to bring it back and Daniel Bryan becomes a free agent by the end of September it would be the perfect first program for D-Bry as he never lost the Pure Championship back when he unified it with the World Championship back in '06.

8 hours ago, Brian Fowler said:

5 titles though? That's a lot when you only have a hour of weekly TV.

It would actually be 6

World, TV, Tag, 6-man and they are about to have a Women's

2 hours ago, nate said:

If Beet City Bruiser is not basically a Dwight Schrute cosplay, it's not worth it.

When it happens, we can say that the Beer City Bucks gimmick was born here at DVDVR.

• Like 1

Coming down from the afterglow of the Rumble late last night, I was surfing channels. We just recently saw a channel called CHARGED added to broadcast. And what do you know? There was ROH. 

First time I have ever had ROH available on my local TV (even when I had cable before). I thought the production quality was quite good. I didn't see enough of the show to get a sense of quality, but it sounds like they're doing some good stuff right now. 

15 hours ago, Brian Fowler said:

The look of shock on LSG's face when he realized they actually beat War Machine was spectacular.

I almost wept. I knew for sure that they were going to book a break-up and have CTC put War Machine over.

• Like 1