DVDVR Message Board

2018 NWA THREAD (the Billy Corgan one)

Nick Aldis is funny: I'm watching the match with David Starr and Aldis walks to the ring like a total fucking stud. He looks like a champ, walks like a champ...and then he gets in the ring and pfffffffffft.

There's a guy that wrestles in Vancouver named Toga Boy and he is similar: he comes out in his toga and the whole crowd chants TOGA! TOGA! and he's in the stands high-fiving people and everyone is amped. Then he wrestles and he's so dull you can hear crickets. I teamed with Toga once and he's the FIP and NOBODY was cheering for Toga to make the hot tag but me; even I gave up and just waited patiently. Then he hit his flying kneedrop finisher and we win and the crowd is going nuts again; but in the middle? Nobody fucking cared. It was surreal.

Meanwhile, Starr is everything I hate about indie wrestling when I'm prepping show-notes for the ring announcer. "Hey can I be introduced as....?" No, fuck you: weight, hometown, shutup.

• Haha 3

33 minutes ago, Shibata Is My Homie said:

How are they getting the Universal Heartthrob Austin Idol to travel with Aldis everywhere?

He's being paid in coke and tickets to the current Smashing Pumpkins tour.

• Haha 2

20 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

I am just waiting to see how Corgan spins Aldis being at the WWE HOF ceremony

Is there any harm in saying his wife works there? Or does that break some kayfabe storyline? 

On 4/2/2018 at 11:03 AM, Marty Sugar said:

Meanwhile, Starr is everything I hate about indie wrestling when I'm prepping show-notes for the ring announcer. "Hey can I be introduced as....?" No, fuck you: weight, hometown, shutup.

I know you mean David Starr, but for a second there (given our geographic location) I thought you were talking about Michelle Starr. 

5 minutes ago, Marty Sugar said:

I wanna be all cool and contrarian and officially announce I'm ALL OUT!

Dude, I set you for the lay up "I sure hope they fucking book me" and you blew it man, you blew it.

• Haha 2

On ‎4‎/‎9‎/‎2018 at 2:40 PM, nate said:

Admittedly, I wanted to see Jocephus storm in.

God, Jocephus vs. Mark Henry is some pants free fantasy booking right there.

• Like 1