DVDVR Message Board

2018 NWA THREAD (the Billy Corgan one)

If anything Juice should have done a year in ROH as US Champ defending the title in the US and doing the Big shows in Japan. 

More NWA 70 news: so far Colt Cabana, Scorpio Sky, Mike Parrow (idk who he is), Jay Bradley and Sam Shaw have been announced for the National Heavyweight tournament.

And also Jazz will be defending the NWA Womens Championship

• Like 4

22 minutes ago, Infinit said:

Yes, but then the NWA champion loses. Having Cody being Juice's first title defence seems like a poorly thought out idea.

I would have done a DQ or countout finish. Yes, the fans wouldn't have been happy, but Juice would have kept the title and the NWA champion doesn't job cleanly.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, colonial said:

Parrow is a prospect (6'4", 290) who works for MLW and other feds. Made headlines a few months ago by coming out of the closet. 

I've seen exactly one match of his, and so far, my impression of him is "At least he's big, so he's got that going for him."

29 minutes ago, Marty Sugar said:

I like how they changed the "all titles vacant" line of thinking when they realized they'd have to ask JAZZ to hand over the title...

Jazz might have smashed Billy's pumpkin head if he asked for the belt.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Web Conn said:

Willie Mac, Sammy Guevara and Ricky Starks (no idea) round out the tourny. 

Jeff Jarrett said on Twitter that the card will be revealed this week. Should be an exciting week.

I'm surprised Joey Ryan isn't in it.

20 minutes ago, Web Conn said:

Willie Mack, Sammy Guevara and Ricky Starks (no idea) round out the tourny. 

Jeff Jarrett said on Twitter that the card will be revealed this week. Should be an exciting week.

Starks is a Texas indy regular, tags with Aaron Solow as Extra Talented (they got squashed by the Revival on Raw early this year), recently had a badass match w/ Shane Strickland last month. Very good pick, I think he'll impress here.

If I'm not mistaken Aldis had brief appearance in new BTE episode where he was sitting with everyone else and waiting for Scurll kinda implying that he is part of the gang. It might be nothing and I'm reading too much into that, but on the other hand it feels like if Cody was just dropping NWA title back to Aldis and moving on then there would be little reason to show shit about Aldis in the future. So my totally legit theory would be that Cody will stay involved with NWA regardless of how the rematch is going to end.

12 minutes ago, Archibald said:

If I'm not mistaken Aldis had brief appearance in new BTE episode where he was sitting with everyone else and waiting for Scurll kinda implying that he is part of the gang. It might be nothing and I'm reading too much into that, but on the other hand it feels like if Cody was just dropping NWA title back to Aldis and moving on then there would be little reason to show shit about Aldis in the future. So my totally legit theory would be that Cody will stay involved with NWA regardless of how the rematch is going to end.

Nah, I think it was just them joking about Scurll going late with Okada at All In, which Aldis was part of. Maybe I'm wrong but that's how I saw it. 

• Like 2

21 hours ago, Web Conn said:

Willie Mack, Sammy Guevara and Ricky Starks (no idea) round out the tourny. 

Starks is Tx Indy guy. Works a bunch in LA. Decent in the ring and has an odd charisma.

Jazz vs Penelope Ford for the Women's Championship

I think NWA 70 is gonna be a fun show.

I'm beginning to think Cody is dropping back to Aldis which I'm ok with not the best decision but Cody doesn't know what he's doing come January 1st so he's not someone you can put the NWA title on for a long run. I hope Aldis continues to defend the title in ROH.