DVDVR Message Board

2018 NWA THREAD (the Billy Corgan one)

Cody will be appearing for the NWA at CWF-Hollywood's tapings next Sunday. No clue if it's a match or just a promo or even just signing autographs.

I haven't seen anything yet about how much ROH is letting him do with the NWA.

3 hours ago, odessasteps said:

Is it foolish to presume that Billy, Cody and ROH worked out a plan ahead of time about his dates before they decided on the title change? 

I don't think the match happens at All In if they didn't have a plan in place. I wouldn't be surprised if Billy Corgan's end game was always getting the title to Cody. 

On 9/13/2018 at 3:56 AM, Archibald said:

Probably we will see if plan has been worked out or not when Cody/Aldis rematch happens. If he drops it back to Aldis then thats that probably.

If that happens, the NWA should be burnt to the ground. What a goddamn stupid move that would be. Literally the only time Corgan's NWA felt like it had any momentum has been every single day when Aldis didn't have the belt. If Cody is only a short-term champ, they need to find someone else to hold the title. 

• Like 3

Though to be fair, if Cody truly wanted to cosplay as his father with his NWA Title reign, losing the title six weeks later would be very much in line with following in his father's footsteps.

But otherwise, I agree that putting the belt back on Aldis after all the buzz Cody's win has gotten would be a major backwards move for Corgan.

53 minutes ago, clintthecrippler said:

Though to be fair, if Cody truly wanted to cosplay as his father with his NWA Title reign, losing the title six weeks later would be very much in line with following in his father's footsteps.

Except there's no Ric Flair in this scenario to drop the title back to. 

• Like 1

i think it's going to come down to commitments. will Cody take the time to appear for CWFH and do those 10 pounds of gold shows?  will he still take indy bookings as the nwa champ? with his ROH contract, CAN he even do these things?  i guess we will see

Corgan realizes he needs good press so he will be riding the Bullet Club train as long as possible.

Every holder from here on out will likely be a top indy wrestler.

The NWA is not at the point where they can run their own shows, pay a roster, and do tv.  They need all the good press they can get.

• 2 weeks later...

Cody vs Aldis is also 2 out of 3 falls.

Cody as IWGP US Champ makes me think he's not going to be NWA Champ for very long but Aldis regaining the Championship seems like a step back to me. Aldis isn't the worlds worst wrestler but Cody has alot of buzz right now and him as NWA Champion means the little will be given some mainstream (in terms of indie wrestling) coverage.

Im interested in the 8 men who will be announced for the National Heavyweight championship tournament. Im half expecting Jeff Jarrett to be one of them.