DVDVR Message Board

2018 NWA THREAD (the Billy Corgan one)

So does Aldis hang on to the belt until All In, or is there a switch leading up to it and Cody wins it from PJ Black or whoever they use as a transitional champ?

I dont really see the appeal of an Aldis-Rhodes matchup, but that has more to do with being underwhelmed by Aldis as champ than it does anything else. Also, I don't see Cody babyfacing against Aldis because it is such a polar opposite to the rest of his character work right now. I get the "Rhodes legacy" deal and all that, but he's been so enjoyable as a slimy fuckhead, I want it to go on a little longer. 

Cody as NWA Champion would be a lot of fun. He’d be the best choice right now.

I know he’s not the strongest worker but Josephus might be the better traditional champion.

On 5/19/2018 at 7:46 PM, grilledcheese said:

So does Aldis hang on to the belt until All In, or is there a switch leading up to it and Cody wins it from PJ Black or whoever they use as a transitional champ?

I dont really see the appeal of an Aldis-Rhodes matchup, but that has more to do with being underwhelmed by Aldis as champ than it does anything else. Also, I don't see Cody babyfacing against Aldis because it is such a polar opposite to the rest of his character work right now. I get the "Rhodes legacy" deal and all that, but he's been so enjoyable as a slimy fuckhead, I want it to go on a little longer. 

While I also don't see much in Aldis I'm not sure that PJ Black/Cody would be any better. From what I have seen nobody is really "revolting" against it being Aldis so probably makes sense to keep it as it is.

3 hours ago, Archibald said:

While I also don't see much in Aldis I'm not sure that PJ Black/Cody would be any better. From what I have seen nobody is really "revolting" against it being Aldis so probably makes sense to keep it as it is.

Because nobody cares about Aldis. The only time in his career I found him almost interesting is when he tagged with Joe.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, BrianS81177 said:

I think they were even tag champs in NOAH for a while. 

They were indeed: for two months in 2012.

For never being in the WWE, he's carved out a decent little career for himself. Current NWA World Champion, former GHC and IWGP Tag Champion, nearly every TNA Title...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 7/12/2018 at 12:42 PM, J.T. said:

Jocephus is the best.

Cool, free book on a bench somewhere!!!

(If I get there and it's a Chikara clue for something I'll be pissed ....)

• Haha 2

Basically Billy cuts a promo to promote a Smashing Pumpkins concert happening at the same time as the wrestling show his champion is wrestling on?????