DVDVR Message Board

2018 NWA THREAD (the Billy Corgan one)

20 hours ago, RIPPA said:

The claim is that Aldis will defend the title 20 times over a 60 day period

So basically three times a week. Whee?!?!?!?!

That's almost 4 times as many defenses as Brock's had in a year.

15 minutes ago, Marty Sugar said:

Gary Steele was champ for a week in 1999, so that's his honour...

Sabu's NWA Title victory isn't on tape but Gary Steele winning and losing the Championship are. What a world we live in.

Ā 

• Like 1

The videos were great. But I said it way back after the first Storm/Aldis match: they need guys who can work a modem style if they are going to succeed.

Aldis confuses me. Multiple promoters now have seen him as a top guy, despite crowds pretty much never caring about him anywhere.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Super Ape said:

Remember when we believed in Billy, that he would change the wrestling landscape with the NWA revival?

somehow this is more embarrassing than the Tharpe and post-WCW 90s eras

Why? Because there isnā€™t a bunch of dives and ā€œthis is awesomeā€ chants?

Heā€™s doing a different product focusing on story and characters, instead of following the rest of the mark catering herd.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, hammerva said:

can we just admit that they are just trying ANYTHING not to have an Aldis vs Jocephus title match.Ā  I mean he wins a hardcore match to become the #1 contender and now he seems to 3rd in line for a title shot

Ā 

SONUVABITCH now I wanna see 'Cephus vs. Aldis.

It's not like Ellsworth beat him. They had a match, Ellsworth believe it or not has some buzz right now. He's not gonna be Champ but fuck use him while people still give a fuck. I think the NWA title should be on someone a little more contemporary but everyone who would be a credible champĀ is signed to somebody be it ROH, LU, WWN or Impact. I'd put the belt of Jeff Cobb once his Lucha Underground contract runs out.

• Like 1