DVDVR Message Board

2018 NWA THREAD (the Billy Corgan one)

7 hours ago, nate said:

I see him being a guy who's wear a sweatshirt with the sleeves cut off and a fanny pack.

He's a school teacher:  he's definitely a Polo shirt and khaki shorts kind of guy. Sandals with socks in summer, possibly. Or sockless in deck shoes. He's old school.

Wait does anyone at TNA  know that Billy Corgan is having a match at the same building as the Impact tapings?  Although given TNA they probably think William Corgan is his brother or some shit.

Now if we can only get all Jocephus matches to be empty arena matches

22 hours ago, Ace said:

Tim was a puffy lad. Reed makes me wonder how many people he pissed off that he didn't have a job in one of the bigger feds. 

I don't think he had to piss off anyone.  I remember seeing him a few times in the early-mid 2000's and thinking he was pretty bad.  He was probably just green as grass at that point.  Average (at most) skills in-ring, not much of a talker, terrible look.  He also didn't get into wrestling until late and was around 35 or so when he debuted.  So.....

I'm kinda digging Storm right now, but that's almost entirely due to those Ten Pounds of Gold segments.  I still don't think there's much of a place for him in NXT or TNA or Japan even if he was 20 years younger.

Loved that they used TNA's 13 year old ref for the match.  Storm probably has grandchildren older than him  

Samuel Shaw is not a bad commentator.  As strange as that sounds

Hard to really take Jocephus seriously when he can't keep his pants up through most of the match

20 minutes ago, hammerva said:

Hard to really take Jocephus seriously when he can't keep his pants up through most of the matc

I lol'ed my way through the second half of the match.  Between Jocephus' big belly and six inches of exposed underwear, it was  hard to take the match seriously.

I feel like a promotion with no tv and very little fan base holding an empty arena match one month into a relaunch is a de facto admission that no one would pay to see the match.

Jesus, the bump off two ladders Storm took at the end was nasty.  Bet that hurt.

Empty arena matches that don't have Lance Russell smoking a cigarette, or Terry Funk moaning about his eye, are not something we need to see.

And Storm is wrestling in slacks...forget this, I'm out.

Edited by BReal
Added text
  • Haha 1

On 15/01/2018 at 7:51 PM, Ace said:

No, I'm wondering why Reed didn't have work in the late 90s with any of the upper promotions. He could still go.

Bad attitude, various addiction issues, didn't really get on with anyone IIRC. That said, you'd have thought he'd have shown up in ECW even for one shot