DVDVR Message Board

The "I Can't Believe It's 2018 and I'm Starting Another TNA Thread" Thread

23 hours ago, kafkonia said:

Nice to see the TNA tradition of shitting on your old product is being continued by their twitter feed. Nothing makes me want to sign up for the GWN like making fun of what I can see on it.

That's indie wrestling in general, though. ASW down in Vancouver made an attempt at a TV show back in 2014 or so and they were mocking me on commentary...even though I hadn't worked for them since 2009 and none of the new fans would have any clue who I was. Petty is petty.

I was getting curious if or when Pentagon was going to show up on TNA? Is Cage being called Cage or just plain old Machine? Machine would probably be better suited as one of Joseph Parks' other split personalities where he's revealed to be the star of James Mitchell's snuff films.

• Like 1

I can't get into Sami Callihan. He just seems like an indy-ish Jerry Saggscito.

He has that "I'm doing a tough guy gimmick" thing. As opposed to the "I am a tough guy" thing.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, AxB said:

If there is a indy-ish Jerry Saggscito, can someone get his address for me?  I want to send him all my money.

11 hours ago, AxB said:

He has that "I'm doing a tough guy gimmick" thing. As opposed to the "I am a tough guy" thing.

Sami Callihan is better than Jerry Saggs in every way possible.

If any gimmick screamed, "We look tough, but aren't" it's the Nasty Boys. Just ask Ken Shamrock.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Serious Darius Bagfelt said:

That video on TMZ of Sami Callahan nearly caving in Eddie Edward's face with a baseball bat is a nasty bit of work

As if I didn't already have enough reasons to dislike Sami, let's add this to the list. 

It exploded over the night as Sami got into it with Jim Cornette and somehow Sami made Cornette look like the good guy (the highlight being Sami being all FUCK YOU! I AM MAKING ALL THIS TNA MONEY!!!")

Then Chris Hero jumped it to tell Sami how outta line he was.

So just another night in wrestling Twitter

• Like 1

I thought Sami was in full work mode? He was mocking Eddie as a crybaby as well unless I am missing something, whereas the TMZ report (fuckin' 2018) said he was very worried at the time.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Oyaji said:

I thought Sami was in full work mode? He was mocking Eddie as a crybaby as well unless I am missing something, whereas the TMZ report (fuckin' 2018) said he was very worried at the time.

Under the circumstances, he probably should have kept his mouth shut.

12 minutes ago, mattdangerously said:

Under the circumstances, he probably should have kept his mouth shut.

And not continue to be a huge shitbag?  Surely you can't be serious!

SO what was the best case scenario for that? The Chair is across Edwards throat and Sami hits it with the Bat to sort of Pillmanize him?

If that's the case, that is kind of messed up that Sami a) didn't see the chair wasn't in position and went with a safer plan or B) didn't care it wasn't in position and flat out nailed someone in the face with a baseball bat.

8 hours ago, (BP) said:

For the uninitiated, TNA Money are those fake $1,000 bills you find in public places that are actually a list of tips for not being left behind during the rapture. 

Does it have Dixie's picture on it? 

RE: The Callihan Bat Incident

Total accident but a stupid spot. Twitter was worse than ever, with some idiots saying it was EDDIE'S FAULT because he didn't hold the chair right. Wrestling fans can be the fucking worst sometimes.

Cornette chiming in didn't help because Cornette immediately flipped out; Sami responding was dumb as shit. Sami earned his new-found bad press for that. "I make money so it's okay I shattered a guy's face." Embarrassing.

Yes, he's trying to work people but it's 2018 and it's fucking Twitter. Have some common sense.

• Like 1

Corvette should be thankful WWE threw him a bone, because st this point his legacy is being eroded every time he opens his mouth and reveals himself to be a hypocrite, out of touch, borderline senile old fool.

Sami clearly fucked up, but so did the agents who gave the okay for that segment to start with. The second “I’m gonna hit this chair with this bat” was uttered, someone in power should’ve pointed out it was stupid as shit, and using either the chair or the bat made more sense.