DVDVR Message Board

The "I Can't Believe It's 2018 and I'm Starting Another TNA Thread" Thread

Ideally I would take that as WWE and Impact wanting to strengthen ties and find ways to make that work.  Not sure in what way unless they allow WWE footage to talk about a former WWE guy at Impact.  But considering how open each company is with working with other companies anymore I find this to be rather encouraging.  And since Impact is no longer trying to be an outright competitor there's little reason for WWE to do anything malicious to them.

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, NikoBaltimore said:

Ideally I would take that as WWE and Impact wanting to strengthen ties and find ways to make that work.  Not sure in what way unless they allow WWE footage to talk about a former WWE guy at Impact.  But considering how open each company is with working with other companies anymore I find this to be rather encouraging.  And since Impact is no longer trying to be an outright competitor there's little reason for WWE to do anything malicious to them.

As long as it's HHH pulling the strings on the WWE end. Keep Vince occupied with the XFL and a laser pointer.

• Like 2

https://www.pwinsider.com/ViewArticle.php?id=120397

Speaking of last week's Mexico City tapings (which will start airing this Thursday on Pop), they were pointed to by several wrestlers as a sign of how the Impact Wrestling locker room has really started to congeal as a unit.  Impact covered all travel and expenses for talents working the tapings, including meals, transit on the ground and hotels.  We were told that even talents who's deals require the company to provide them their own hotel room willingly offered to share a room with other talents in order to help Impact keep the costs affordable and the entire trip turned into something of a big bonding experience for the locker room overall.  One talent told me it was most the locker room has felt like "one team" in a long time.

http://www.ringsidenews.com/2018/09/19/impact-wrestling-negotiating-new-deals-talents/

Impact Wrestling Negotiating New Deals with Talents

It doesn’t look like Anthem Sports will be selling Impact Wrestling anytime soon.

Mike Johnson reported on the latest installment of PWInsider Elite Audio that Impact Wrestling has been negotiating new deals with talents.

“We’ve heard from multiple sources that why they were in Mexico they did start negotiating some new deals with talents including LAX and some others. So anyone who thinks that they are just trying to unload it, they probably wouldn’t be trying to lock in people to new contracts if they were looking to dump this thing.”

• Like 4

Impact that they we reveal who the 2018 Hall of Fame inductee is during tonight's show

I didn't see if listed as part of the spoilers so I am assuming it will be an insert video

• Like 1

A few notes on the talked about meeting with Ed Nordholm and Scott D'Amore with Paul Levesque at WWE headquarters. It was a meeting that WWE requested. There was said to be no substantial news out of it at this point. It was not Impact pitching ideas as was reported in the current issue.

- WON update today

1 hour ago, RIPPA said:

A few notes on the talked about meeting with Ed Nordholm and Scott D'Amore with Paul Levesque at WWE headquarters. It was a meeting that WWE requested. There was said to be no substantial news out of it at this point. It was not Impact pitching ideas as was reported in the current issue.

I am genuinely stumped by this. Is Triple H looking to set up some sort of system where NXT sends talent on "excursions" like they do in Japan? Because outside of that, I have no clue what is going on.

3 hours ago, RIPPA said:

I don't know why but it grinds my gears that he refers to Triple H as Paul Levesque.  

Jericho Cruise: Bullet Club vs. Impact 10-Man Elimination War Announced

A huge new match has been announced for Chris Jericho’s Rock ‘n’ Wrestling Rager At Sea cruise. The latest Ring of Honor vs. Impact Wrestling match scheduled is a 10-man Elimination War pitting members of the Bullet Club against the top stars of Impact Wrestling. NWA World Champion Cody, The Young Bucks, Marty Scurll and Hangman Page will square off against Sami Callihan, Johnny Impact, Brian Cage and LAX.

Updated Card for Jericho Cruise

Main Event:

Alpha Club (Chris Jericho & The Young Bucks) vs. Bullet Club (Kenny Omega, Cody Rhodes, Marty Scurll)

ROH vs. Impact

• 10-Man Elimination War
  • The Young Bucks vs. LAX
  • Marty Scurll vs. Sami Callihan

Sea of Honor ROH Tournament

• Jay Lethal vs. BJ Whitmer
  • Christopher Daniels vs. Delirious
  • Marty Scurll vs. Rhett Titus
  • Silas Young vs. Flip Gordon
  • Mark Briscoe vs. Will Ferrara
  • Adam Page vs. Kazarian
  • Cheeseburger vs. Beer City Bruiser