DVDVR Message Board

The "I Can't Believe It's 2018 and I'm Starting Another TNA Thread" Thread

9 hours ago, BEN! said:

This is the place where wooden folding tables are metal objects for Full Metal May-Ham.

I finished their January One Night Only subtitled Collision In Oklahoma.  I only wanted to watch it cause I saw that it had matches from Canada on it and I wanted to see what the reasoning was for that.  It's cause the Oklahoma stuff really wasn't broadcast quality.  5 camera shoot but none of them were any good.  3 guys on the floor and only one of them was steady but he was shooting up into the ring and into the lights.  Hard cam looked a mile away and they had a corner security-like cam that was alright but kind of awkward so it didn't get much play.  Just a ton of missed shots.  There's even a backstage promo with one of the locals (not the Wild Samoan Sika to Eli Drake's disappointment) where he says to just read his shirt and the cameraman doesn't pan down at all so you can't see anything but the first word.  I'm really surprised WWE hasn't snatched up the Von Erichs already.  The big one's kind of wild but the smaller one looks solid.  Alberto and Lashley both acting like complete babyfaces but still wrestling heel-ish was weird as well as including Alberto's entire "we kill ourselves for the real fans" post-match promo and handshake with Lashley considering at the time both were unabashed heels on Impact TV.  Alberto kept his shirt on the whole match.  Also, you can see Justin Roberts but they never aired the ring announcements.  I'm pretty sure 3 of the 4 Canadian matches were used as filler on Impact already.  If the production were better in Oklahoma this might of been alright but as is they got a lot of nerve trying to charge people money for this.

Watch the next one entitled ONO: March Breakdown.

The production is much improved, almost TV quality and the crowd is really hot.

It took almost 10 years but I finally got my lady into wrestling. Sure she only wants to watch Eddie Edwards and Allie matches. Not sure why she chose those two. But cause of this she ordered the Impact PPV on the FITE app. Gonna watch it tomorrow night.

With LU being between seasons,Impact is my current favorite sports entertainment weekly show. I love NJPW on AXS but to me that is a wrestling show. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, bobholly138 said:

It took almost 10 years but I finally got my lady into wrestling. Sure she only wants to watch Eddie Edwards and Allie matches. Not sure why she chose those two. But cause of this she ordered the Impact PPV on the FITE app. Gonna watch it tomorrow night.

With LU being between seasons,Impact is my current favorite sports entertainment weekly show. I love NJPW on AXS but to me that is a wrestling show. 

I will come back and comment on the triple threat as soon as I can watch it tonight, but I just have to share this: my girlfriend revealed to me on Saturday that she thinks one of the guys in the Revival is named Buckley and I've been laughing my ass off about it for two days straight

• Like 1

Is it just me or do these new belts look very similar to each other? And by very similar I mean that I can't tell them apart by simply scrolling thru those images, at one point I thought that it was same tag team belt photographed from different angles.

• Like 2

Slammiversary is being held at Rebel nightclub in Toronto! Its actually a pretty huge nightclub complex that attracts a few thousand people every weekend, and is also a concert venue. Given the layout of the main room and the lighting system they have, the PPV might end up looking incredible, especially the entrances.

On ‎4‎/‎23‎/‎2018 at 10:53 AM, Infinit said:

Slammiversary is being held at Rebel nightclub in Toronto! Its actually a pretty huge nightclub complex that attracts a few thousand people every weekend, and is also a concert venue. Given the layout of the main room and the lighting system they have, the PPV might end up looking incredible, especially the entrances.

REBEL-InteriorPhotographs-4368_100720171

• Like 4

16 minutes ago, Craig H said:

Damn, that lighting rig looks really low to the ground. That can't be where the ring is going.

It's higher up than it looks in that picture. Plus I'm pretty sure it can be moved up and down.

BTW - the tapings (as poor @DreamBroken is trying to figure out) are all out of order partly because Austin Aries was only available the first couple of days.

That is why all of his stuff was done first

So the stuff Aries tape will be spread out over all the weeks

• Like 1

Braxton Sutter has left Impact

"My time at @IMPACTWRESTLING is up and I would to extend a HUGE thank you to them. They gave me my first official contract/job as a wrestler at 35yrs old and hired my wife at the same time. I’ll never forget that. It was a great chapter in my life, now onto the next one!!"

• 2 weeks later...

And we have an answer

Reportedly - John Morrison is cast on the next season of Survivor which just finished filming, which explains why he vanished from everywhere

2 hours ago, RIPPA said:

And we have an answer

Reportedly - John Morrison is cast on the next season of Survivor which just finished filming, which explains why he vanished from everywhere

Well, that's one way to get me to watch that show.

On 5/8/2018 at 2:26 PM, RIPPA said:

And we have an answer

22 hours ago, NikoBaltimore said:

Well, that's one way to get me to watch that show.

That's one way to get me to keep not watching that show.

• Like 3
  • Haha 3