DVDVR Message Board

The "I Can't Believe It's 2018 and I'm Starting Another TNA Thread" Thread

Imagine how creepy he would have been if he lasted in WWE long enough to be the higher power. It would have been awesome in all its creepiness.

I'm very bummed he's no longer doing commentary for New Japan, but at least we still have him in Impact.

See since Matt Sydal started doing his whole Third Eye gimmick, has anyone ever eye gouged him in the middle of his forehead? And if not, why not?

• Like 5
  • Haha 3

I always rooted for Aries, especially when he finally got his chance in WWE, but the old Givens-ism seems to ring true about the bloke: "If you run into an asshole in the morning, you ran into an asshole. If you run into assholes all day, you're the asshole."

• Like 4

I really hate seeing Aries turning into a social pariah because he's so damn good in the ring. He would have benefitted from being around in the pre-social media era. I still think this is a work. At the end of a Johnny Impact title defense, a masked assailant will attack Johnny, take the mask off, revealing Austin Aries.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

I really hate seeing Aries turning into a social pariah because he's so damn good in the ring. He would have benefitted fromcm being around in the pre-social media era. I still think this is a work. At the end of a Johnny Impact title defense, a masked assailant will attack Johnny, take the mask off, revealing Austin Aries.

Everyone will think it’s El Torito at first.

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

According to The Wrestling Observer Newsletter, Impact Wrestling is reportedly still very high on Austin Aries, and the feeling is that while he’s not under contract right now that he’ll be back down the line. The Twitter feud leading into Bound for Glory was Aries and Johnny Impact trying to work their own angle and making it personal with Aries calling Taya husky. Management wasn’t happy with that because they don’t want people working angles they don’t approve, but it got them TMZ coverage so they were happy for the outside publicity.

• Like 1

https://www.sescoops.com/impact-world-champion-vs-roh-world-champion-match-agreed-to/

Reports coming from the Chris Jericho Rock N Rager At Sea are that Johnny Impact and Jay Lethal have agreed to a match. While no date or time has been scheduled, the ROH World Champion and the Impact World Champion have agreed to go one-on-one.

“Johnny Impact, the Impact champion and Jay Lethal, the ROH champion, agreed to a title vs. title match,” wrote Dave Meltzer of the Wrestling Observer Newsletter. “We don’t have the date and place confirmed. Impact and ROH talked about this months ago, the idea of a match with neither title at stake.”

Earlier this year, then Impact World Champion Austin Aries, appeared on several ROH shows as part of a program with Kenny King

On ‎10‎/‎25‎/‎2018 at 10:21 AM, Wee Bey said:

I'm not sure if this reminds me more of when Lance Storm dissed the DVDVR 500 or when Spunk dissed Krone Metzler and he got pissed at the entire DVDVR Collective and threatened to invade the board.

Krone wanted to be the undisputed leader of the IWC.  Hah!  That's like being the Admiral of the Afghan Navy.

https://www.wrestlinginc.com/news/2018/11/wade-barrett-lucha-underground-name-revealed-647662/

Lucha Underground ring announcer Melissa Santos revealed that she will be working with Impact Wrestling in the future. Santos appeared on Womens Wrestling Weekly, which you can watch above, and said that while she will start with Impact, she doesn't yet know what role she will have.

"It looks like I'm going to be doing some stuff with Impact," Santos said. "I'm super excited about that. It hasn't been officially announced. We just need to figure things out... I would love to do ring announce. I don't know exactly what [I'll be doing] just yet, but I'm know I'm going to be involved and it will be just great."

Jeff Jarrett lawsuit update per the Observer:

Anthem, the parent company of Impact, filed a motion on 11/1 attempting to dismiss the lawsuit filed by Jeff Jarrett in Tennessee against the company over the usage of the Global Wrestling Federation tapes by Anthem for both One Night Only PPVs and in other forms. One of their arguments is that Tennessee courts should have no jurisdiction over a company that is based in Canada and does all its business out of Canada. They also said that when Jeff Jarrett was brought back, he signed a non-disclosure agreement that any disagreements between the sides would have to be tried in New York, not Tennessee. They also claimed that it was Jarrett, as Chief Creative Officer, who made the decision to use the content that he’s now suing the company over using and that the company made no profits from usage of the tapes. They said that Jarrett had negotiated a deal where Global Wrestling Federation would merge with Anthem Sports, and with the merger Jarrett would get a major power position with a large salary, and that part of the deal also included Jarrett getting an ownership piece of Anthem and his wife, Karen, getting a job. Part of the deal was that Anthem would attempt to monetize the GWF tapes that Jarrett had produced in Las Vegas years earlier but had never been able to sell. Anthem claimed they did voicovers and post-production work to get the tapes in shape for broadcast and they also packaged the content for DVD release and to sell it on-line. As part of the merger they also started up a streaming service called the Global Wrestling Network. They said that the merger didn’t work out, Jarrett was terminated in October, 2017, and the usage of the Global Wrestling Federation Amped content did not turn a profit. They noted that all the PPVs but one using the Global content came when Jarrett was with the company and the one that came after had already been scheduled when Jarrett was still working for the company.

• Thanks 1