DVDVR Message Board

The "I Can't Believe It's 2018 and I'm Starting Another TNA Thread" Thread

Time to change to a more gritty bare bones mma shoot style weed culture production and pitch the show to Viceland.

But in all actuality this has to suck for those who are in the office over at Impact. I wonder what the ratings are on Fight Network in Canada. Maybe it's time to restructure and focus more on touring Canada and featuring Canadian talent in more prominent roles. 

1 hour ago, West Newbury Bad Boy said:

Rumours are starting to circulate that Aries won't be at the TV tapings and may be done with Impact (again). 

If it's a work, I wonder how comfortable Aries is with acknowledging himself to be the insecure flake we all know him to be. 

If Aries is done again, where does he go from here? ROH full-time? New Japan?

Personally, I still think it's a work.

1 hour ago, West Newbury Bad Boy said:

Self-publish a vegan cookbook or audition for Big Brother. Maybe cheer some kids up during the holidays by dressing up as one of Santa's elves. 

Well, he already did put out a book.

https://www.prowrestlingtees.com/food-fight-book.html

20 minutes ago, Six String Orchestra said:

I'll bet ROH since they need something that's not Bullet Club. He can feud with someone equally on his level, Jeff Cobb.

I would enjoy the hell out of Aries vs. Jeff Cobb. I'd have Aries beat Lethal for the title, then do a champion vs. champion feud with Cobb, with Cobb eventually winning the world title.

* It's not like Delirious would come up with anything better.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

https://www.wrestlinginc.com/news/2018/10/identity-of-eli-drakes-original-opponent-at-bound-for-glory-646902/

This past weekend, Impact Wrestling's Bound For Glory pay-per-view emanated from the Melrose Ballroom in Long Island City, NY. With Eli Drake throwing an open challenge, the fans expected to see a big name appear during the event, but it was James Ellsworth that made his way out, much to the bemusement of the live crowd.

According to Wrestling Observer Newsletter, Impact Wrestling had to go with an alternative plan for Drake's opponent for Bound For Glory. It is being reported that Joey Janela was supposed to be Eli's opponent at the pay-per-view, and that the company had already planned a long-term program involving both the performers.

However, Janela injured his knee last month during an independent event, and later revealed that he would be out of action "for a long while". Janela said that he completely tore and destroyed his PCL and MCL, an ACL sprain and several other issues.

Janela would have been a really good choice. Not to nitpick, but Janela isn't from New York either. He's from Asbury Park, NJ. 

Once I realized it wasn't going to be Jericho, I thought about MJF as a possibility since he's from Long Island.

They should have gone with Arquette dead serious, think that would have went over better than Ellsworth.

No matter who they went with I don’t think it would have went over. Everyone there had it in there minds it was gonna be Jericho and when it wasn’t and it would have been a long shot anyway they shit all over it.

So this 'Impact after dark' thing they're pitching is them putting a positive spin on getting moved out of primetime (in America), right? Because their start time on 5Spike (in the UK) is 11pm now. Are they planning on embracing it by going with more a blood and violence style than before? If you want to contrast with the competition being all family friendly PG clean, you want to go adults only NC17 dirty, right?