DVDVR Message Board

The "I Can't Believe It's 2018 and I'm Starting Another TNA Thread" Thread

1 hour ago, Thibs said:

Not dying on any hills. Just pointing out how the blatant double standard, and victimhood, is annoying and eye roll inducing. 

You are, though, because you've spent the morning defending the stupidest ideology imaginable. Yes, there is a double standard when it comes to gender roles in bodyshaming. Literally no one is arguing that there isn't.  Men benefit from double standards in a lot of other areas, too, so learn to fucking deal with it.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, mattdangerously said:

You are, though, because you've spent the morning defending the stupidest ideology imaginable. Yes, there is a double standard when it comes to gender roles in bodyshaming. Literally no one is arguing that there isn't.  Men benefit from double standards in a lot of other areas, too, so learn to fucking deal with it.

And you’ve spent the morning arguing against it so what hill are you dying? The fake one created by the rest of the SJW’s?

And there in lies the problem. You’re right, there is a double standard on both sides. The differences is men, like you said, do deal with it. While women, and the media, bitch and complain about it. Only towards one side of course, since its apparently unacceptable to tell a women to deal with it— only to a man. 

24 minutes ago, Thibs said:

And you’ve spent the morning arguing against it so what hill are you dying? The fake one created by the rest of the SJW’s?

And there in lies the problem. You’re right, there is a double standard on both sides. The differences is men, like you said, do deal with it. While women, and the media, bitch and complain about it. Only towards one side of course, since its apparently unacceptable to tell a women to deal with it— only to a man. 

Sorry, but I can't take you seriously. No one that uses the term "SJW" has an opinion worth listening to. Congrats on being the first person I've muted in the 10 years I've been posting here.

• Like 4

20 minutes ago, mattdangerously said:

Sorry, but I can't take you seriously. No one that uses the term "SJW" has an opinion worth listening to. Congrats on being the first person I've muted in the 10 years I've been posting here.

No need to apologize for something I really don’t care about. I can’t really take anyone seriously that literally has proven my point with every response.

Also, congrats on being a SJW. If muting me doesn’t work out, maybe try to find a safe space. 

Feels like ten years ago everyone would just have agreed that neither men nor women should be shamed for how they look. I also remember once upon a time sensible fans on the internet agreeing that Vince having a type for male wrestlers was a problem, just like it was a problem that women were doing bra and panties matches in WWE.

But hey, much progress has been made and now smaller guys getting locked away in 205 is not an issue any longer.

5 hours ago, Thibs said:

Not dying on any hills. Just pointing out how the blatant double standard, and victimhood, is annoying and eye roll inducing. 

Well, assuming I think you're right. here's an idea.... Say a woman can call out a man for being short, ugly, fat, whatever, whereas a man would get raked over the coals for making a comment about a woman's appearance or weight.  Uh, so what?  Instead of over-identifying as man or woman, try just being an adult first and foremost.  You don't have to respond in kind every time someone says something nasty about you.  I grew out of that somewhere in early grade school.  Sure, I'd prefer that a woman didn't insult me to my face or on social media, but that doesn't mean I'm going to respond it kind.  I'm quite capable of ignoring a situation, or simply being nice and reasonable to the other person and trying to get somewhere that way.  I haven't taken a count, but I'm fairly sure there is more than one woman on the planet, so the odds that you can find one who is not insulting you and relate to her instead are pretty high.

There are double standards.  It's not a male/female thing.  Double standards exist in all phases of life. The phrase "deal with it" comes to mind.

I dunno.  When you start counting up the advantages women have over men, so you can play the butthurt male privilege card, you're wayyyy off the reservation, imo.  Like Matt said, men still have it pretty good on the whole. 

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Player One said:

Well, assuming I think you're right. here's an idea.... Say a woman can call out a man for being short, ugly, fat, whatever, whereas a man would get raked over the coals for making a comment about a woman's appearance or weight.  Uh, so what?  Instead of over-identifying as man or woman, try just being an adult first and foremost.  You don't have to respond in kind every time someone says something nasty about you.  I grew out of that somewhere in early grade school.  Sure, I'd prefer that a woman didn't insult me to my face or on social media, but that doesn't mean I'm going to respond it kind.  I'm quite capable of ignoring a situation, or simply being nice and reasonable to the other person and trying to get somewhere that way.  I haven't taken a count, but I'm fairly sure there is more than one woman on the planet, so the odds that you can find one who is not insulting you and relate to her instead are pretty high.

There are double standards.  It's not a male/female thing.  Double standards exist in all phases of life. The phrase "deal with it" comes to mind.

I dunno.  When you start counting up the advantages women have over men, so you can play the butthurt male privilege card, you're wayyyy off the reservation, imo.  Like Matt said, men still have it pretty good on the whole. 

The argument isn’t really about how one deals with these things on a personal basis. Obviously you don’t respond in kind to any kind of abuse or whatever. But that’s not the point. 

I’m a fan of the “deal with it” mindset. However its only applied to one party in this discussion. The other one is coddled and given the title of victim. 

And when that starts to permeate into media, into how companies run their business, into what social norms are, its a problem. When a wrestling journalists pressures a wrestling company to stop calling their female talent “lovely”, that my friend, is when we’ve gone off the reservation. When Katie Perry sticks her tongue down a gameshow contestants throat and nothing happens, while at the same time that would ruin a man’s career, its a problem. 

Men have it pretty good. Women do as well in certain respects. However when it comes to being wronged, one party can’t shut up about even the most minor things, while the other pretty much does “deal with it” and if they do As much as make a peep about it, are immediately labeled as “butt hurt” as you just did. 

Having the mindset “so what”, as you do, is fine. That’s your view. I just don’t agree with it. 

Settle down, West Hollywood Thibsnetico.

13 minutes ago, Thibs said:

I’m a fan of the “deal with it” mindset. However its only applied to one party in this discussion. The other one is coddled and given the title of victim. 

Deal with it.

15 minutes ago, AxB said:

Settle down, West Hollywood Thibsnetico.

Deal with it.

Well I just said no. So there’s that.

I love that any argument against what I’ve said has either completely proved my point or has basically been “Well, that’s just the way it is...because. Now let’s call anyone (men) who calls it out butthurt”.

We can look at it like this.  Taya has a thyroid condition and an eating disorder.  Aries is a cunt.  Taya has worked hard on her disorder and may find the right medication to get her thyroid under control.

There's no cure for being a cunt.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, AxB said:

So you're complaining about double standards, whilst insisting on holding a double standard of your own. Got it.

No, you don’t get it. What double standard am I holding exactly? That women should get the same blowback men do for the same behavior? That both should just deal with it instead of one being coddled? Lol. 

Yep, sure sounds like double standard thinking... If you have no idea what a double standard is. 

Everyone move on (and use ignore if necessary)

Only warning 

I already can’t believe I had to start one Impact thread this year, a second one is out of the question 

6 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Everyone move on (and use ignore if necessary)

Only warning 

I already can’t believe I had to start one Impact thread this year, a second one is out of the question 

Fair enough. And btw it still says TNA lol. 

According to a dude on a podcast (so you know it's legit), rumors are that Jericho could show up at Bound For Glory. I'd say that's pretty unlikely, but wrestling and especially Jericho have been wild this year so who knows? It would be an amazing hat trick.

59 minutes ago, Godfrey said:

According to a dude on a podcast (so you know it's legit), rumors are that Jericho could show up at Bound For Glory. I'd say that's pretty unlikely, but wrestling and especially Jericho have been wild this year so who knows? It would be an amazing hat trick.

Given how close Jericho is with Callis and I imagine is friends with D'Amore I wouldn't be surprised to see him there.  He broke his "No US TV" rule with All In (aired on PPV) so at this point he might as well go for it.  And given Impact now has some kind of relationship with WWE (still boggles my mind) I don't think Vince would be as adverse to it as he would have been years ago.

30 minute draw? Moose and Kross running in causing a no contest? Shit Jericho and who ever the hot up and coming team in the company is vs Aries Moose and Kross would be cool too.

I would like to see Jericho at the tapings promoting the cruise. Isn't Jericho facing Callihan on the cruise? I'd like to see Jericho and Callihan have a face to face on IMPACT!

• Like 1

23 hours ago, mattdangerously said:

Terms like SJW are the reason the filters for this board we’re invented. Rippa I beggeth thee on this one. 

This thread turning in to a YouTube comment section for an anti Last Jedi video may be the perfect end for the TNA/IMPACT/GWF/NWATNA/GWN/TNA IMPACT discussion once and for all.