DVDVR Message Board

The "I Can't Believe It's 2018 and I'm Starting Another TNA Thread" Thread

He is a heel, yes it's twiiter and kayfabe is all but dead in North American wrestling but could he be maybe playing his heel character here crying that he's being called short. Granted many shorter guys do have a chip on their shoulder and don't have a sense of humor over their height. 

• Like 2

Men of his stature are on short supply, but you'd think he'd rise above and be the bigger man.

I'm also amazed he hasn't been Twitter Mobbed out of existince for throwing a "Husky" jab at a woman with an eating *and* thyroid disorder.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Web Conn said:

He is a heel, yes it's twiiter and kayfabe is all but dead in North American wrestling but could he be maybe playing his heel character here crying that he's being called short. Granted many shorter guys do have a chip on their shoulder and don't have a sense of humor over their height. 

It feels very much in character, but I guess only Aries knows. Either way, he's still one of my favorite wrestlers.

• Like 1

"Option C" Austin Aries dude was a fucking beast dude.  Such an exciting time on IMPACT! Him as TNA World Champion actually felt like something big within the promotion, like it felt like guard was really changing in TNA. Aries for his credit carried that Championship like it meant something to him he was a World Champion. I've liked him since he pinned Soma Joe for the ROH Championship.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Web Conn said:

I vaguely remember him bringing it up on TV couple of times so my guess would be that it is something he feels annoyed about and has worked into his character. Like, lets be real here, if he was taller he would have gone places, I don't see anything wrong with talented wrestler being annoyed that due to his height he had a ceiling that he couldn't really really break.

4 hours ago, Web Conn said:

3 hours ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

It feels very much in character, but I guess only Aries knows. Either way, he's still one of my favorite wrestlers.

I thought so too, coming off the really excellent promo he cut this past Thurs on Impact. Aries/Johnny face vs face was quite good last time earlier this year, now they've got some big heat creating a hell of a build for BFG so I'm looking forward to their match more than ever.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, AxB said:

Is Impact's deal with NOAH finished then? Is Eddie Edwards the only person who still works for both?

I'm pretty sure Edwards hasn't worked NOAH since he dropped the title in December

5 hours ago, hammerva said:

Someone needs to tell him that being a TNA heavyweight champion really isn't as huge as he thinks it is.  He might not like short shaming but there is no doubt he has a severe short man complex

Not his point.

His point is that its a f’n federal offense in 2018 to make any comment that might offend a woman in anyway. Yet comments about a man’s appearance are laughed off as no big deal. 

So the hypocracy is off the charts. And he’s right. 

He's have more ground if he wasn't a known phenomonial asshole and piece of shit.  Also, if he didn't actually still call Morrison gay and Taya fat in this tweet, the point would be made.  But yeah, die on this hill.

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, Raziel said:

My friend, I'm not sure today is the day to double down on the "persicuted males" talking point.

Its not about men being persecuted.

But no one can legitimately argue that women aren’t allowed to demean men in ways that men would be crucified for if the roles were reversed. 

On 10/6/2018 at 6:04 PM, Thibs said:

Its not about men being persecuted.

But no one can legitimately argue that women aren’t allowed to demean men in ways that men would be crucified for if the roles were reversed. 

"Won't somebody please think of the patriarchy?!?"

Men still have it pretty fucking good these days compared to women. You can be a drunken sexual predator and still get a sweet lifetime gig on the Supreme Court. I think putting up with short jokes and fat jokes is a more than equitable payoff.

24 minutes ago, mattdangerously said:

"Won't somebody please think of the patriarchy?!?"

Men still have it pretty fucking good these days compared to women. You can be a drunken sexual predator and still get a sweet lifetime gig on the Supreme Court. I think putting up with short jokes and fat jokes is a more than equitable payoff.

Really not the point at all. And we’re talking about average men not an entitled prep-schooled his entire life jackass.

Point still stands. Women can get away with constantly demeaning men. When men do anything of the sort its the end of the world. 

Ignoring the double standard is fine. Doesn’t mean its not there. 

33 minutes ago, mattdangerously said:

If you're more upset about men getting teased than some of the shit women are going through in this country these days, then you may want to reevaluate your priorities.

Not really. And I’m not sure why you keep trying to lump the Aries/Johnny thing together with victims of sexual assault... which is what it seems like you’re referring to...and not what I was talking about. 

I’m also wondering why you feel that comments about a man’s appearence is just “teasing” but comment’s about a woman’s appearance is body shaming and whatever other overly dramatic buzz phrase that gets used. 

I mean, when does it stop? Wade Keller just put a poll on his website questioning whether or not Impact using the term “lovely” to describe their Knockouts is sexist. Let that sink in. FFS. 

8 minutes ago, Thibs said:

Not really. And I’m not sure why you keep trying to lump the Aries/Johnny thing together with victims of sexual assault... which is what it seems like you’re referring to...and not what I was talking about. 

I’m also wondering why you feel that comments about a man’s appearence is just “teasing” but comment’s about a woman’s appearance is body shaming and whatever other overly dramatic buzz phrase that gets used. 

I mean, when does it stop? Wade Keller just put a poll on his website question whether or not Impact using the term “lovely” to describe their Knockouts is sexist. Let that sink in. FFS. 

Fine. In a total vacuum completely devoid of intelligent analysis, you are techinically correct. Happy? Or do you want to keep dying on the stupidest hill in the internet? Don’t bother with whatever you think is a clever retort, I’ve finally muted somebody.

• Like 1