DVDVR Message Board

The "I Can't Believe It's 2018 and I'm Starting Another TNA Thread" Thread

9 minutes ago, Archibald said:

One theory might be that lots of people will be pissed that La Park/Rush ain't happening so they'll go there instead. Or you know people who don't care about CMLL in the first place.

There is also rumblings about what will happen with Pentagon Jr and Fenix

26 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

There is also rumblings about what will happen with Pentagon Jr and Fenix

Well only night 2 goes head to head with CMLL right?

They could just tape all of Penta and Fenix’s stuff on night 1. 

With the AAA relationship I wonder if tImpact are going to bring in a good amount of their talent. Be a good way to draw a crowd by filling out the roster with talent they are familiar with. My request is for L.A. Park. 

A good way to make sure they draw on the 14th start advertising L.A. Park vs Austin Aries for the World Championship. Bring Ricardo Rodriguez in to be Aries' personal translator it fits the character and that's how you solve the language barrier. Park can win some type of Number one contenders match for the World championship at the first taping night one, bring back the gauntlet for the gold have Park win then start building the match. Get Impact involved maybe put him in Parks Corner to keep building for BFG.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Watched the Mediacon show on Twitch

Rich Swann vs Matt Sydal vs Trevor Lee: Fun opener. What I like about the X-Division is that they just let the guys go out there and put on amazing displays of athleticism. Swanns win seemed abrupt and Swann looked surprised. I don't know if that was a bad call or what but match kind of just ended.

Lucas Steel and Jake McCluskey vs Robbie X and Adam Maxted: I know nothing about these four. My knowledge of the UK Indie scene is absolutely null and void. That being said I really enjoyed this match. I think all four of these guys realized that they may not be the most well known guys on the show and decided to make names for themselves. Just a really well worked tag match. Tons of fun. They hit movez but they also told a story. I'd bring all four of them in for the next Canada TV Tapings. One of these guys is like only ten months into his wrestling career or so the british commentator said, I'm not sure which one though. Robbie X would make a good addition to the X Division, but then again all you need to do is hit a Standing Shooting Star Press and I'm a big fan of yours. It's way i'm partial to Apollo Crews.

Lana Austin vs Su Yung: Disappointed in lack of an Undead Bridesmaid entourage for Su. No clue who Lana Austin is. Su was in her full on unhinged rowdy style fighting around ringside and the like. Lana took a sick vertical suplex on the concrete outside. Lana took one hell of a beating from Su including this running cannonball senton from Su off the apron while Lana was seated in a chair on the outside. This being Lana's hometown she did manage to make a comeback. I thought Lana was pretty good she made a fan out of me. Su uses the mist to sneak out a victory. Lana is another one I'd bring in next time they tape in Canada.

IMPACT Tag Team Championship LAX (c) vs Johnny Storm and Jody Fleisch: My first exposure to Jody was in like 2002 when he was a skinny kid running up wells and hitting moonsaults, he looks a little different know to say the least. This was exactly what you think it would be, Smith and Jody hitting crazy ass moves. For all the added bulk it hasn't seemed to slow Jody down much. Sanatna and Ortiz weren't bad as the base for all the flippy dippy stuff they also slowed the match down with heel work such as submission holds and isolating the faces in their corner. They also hit a toupe or two for good measure. Jody hit a double code red on LAX, I thought that was cool. Fleisch is another in the List of PCO and LA Park that have reemerged out of obscurity in 2018. Out of the four matches so far this has been the match of the night, that could easily change. LAX impressed me in this, they were grounded worked as a team and pulled off the victory. I've only ever seen Santana and Ortiz in street fights were you can be a little sloppy and at Wrestlecon they were a little sloppy but I thought they were really good tonight. I also liked the sign of respect Jody and Smith showed putting the belts around their waists afterwards. I'd pay the money for visas and bring Jody and Smitch in for BFG, those tapings and then for the Vegas tapings, they would be a great addition to the tag division I think

Eli Drake vs Joe Hendry: What do you know, a rematch to the match they had on the IMPACT! I watched in August. Drake has the match post match but the house audio isn't that good and I couldn't really make out what he was saying. Joe has a mic too, I couldn't understand him either not only cuz of the shitty P.A. system but also Joe's scottish brogue doesn't help matters. Less of a comedy match from the first one I saw between the two of them and more of a fight. Good portion of this match was spent on the outside. What is this New Japan or something? This started out all brawling around ringside then seamlessly transitioned into a wrestling match. Hendry won the rematch with a roll up. When the Cult of Lee and Grado aren't around these two are forced to wrestle and the match wasn't bad. It was a short meat and potatoes match but not bad by any means.

Nathan Cruz and Moose vs Jason Sysum and Eddie Edwards Heel Moose has a different theme and is wearing a Curtis Hughes Y2J bodyguard shirt.Sysumcomes out wearing a cape. Eddie is in jeans I guess if you are gonna be an ECW tribute act you should be wrestling in street clothes. Once again I have no clue who Sysum and Cruz are. Match starts off slow. Moose in classic heel fashion is avoiding Eddie at all costs he'll only tag in when Sysum is in there. Sysum hit a huge flying crossbody to Moose on the outside that was pretty cool. Not much else going on in this match. Sysum hot tags Eddie who cleans house while wearing a backwards ball cap. Eddie hits a toupe on Moose on the outside sending Moose through a guardrail. I'm liking Moose as heel he's really good at all the subtle things like taking a powder on the outside, avoiding certain opponents and just skirting the rules by a baby hair. A bunch of moves and shit happen I think we are in the final stretch of the match, crowds hot for it i'm not too invested maybe I'm just a jaded fan but I found this match kind of there. That being said Sysum did hit a crisp 450 splash leading his team to victory, which was a stellar move I thought. 

Barbed Wire BaseBall Bat Match Jimmy Havoc vs Sammi Callaghan: I've heard of Jimmy Havoc but I have never seen him wrestle before. Where did the find a baseball bat in the UK? Shouldn't this be a Barbed Wire Cricket Bat Match? Havoc uses a staple gun on Sami's head within minutes of the opening bell, thats the kind of match this is. Sami staples pages of magazines to Havocs body. Sami starts carving Havocs head with a spike. I don't actively seek out  death matches and garbage wrestling per say its not necessarily my bag man. But this one hasn't been bad so far they are building to their spots and there's some inventive shit for instance havoc gave Sami a paper cut in between his fingers then squeezes a lemon in said cut. They trade squeezing lemon juice into each others wounds actually. Finally got to the barbed wire portion of the match havoc wraps some around his arm. There's thumbtacks too. We are now entering the death match. Havoc went barefoot into thumbtacks. Sami won after a piledriver into thumbtacks. For a barbwire bat match this was pretty tame and they never used the barbed wire bats. So IDK I feel a little gipped as it was advertised as a barbed wire bat match.

Show was ok all together. Even with the botched finish in the opener and the last two matches kind of just being there every match was good to really good. The Tag Title match was the match of the night. Not a bad two hour show, it had production problems but the wrestling made up for it.

https://www.wrestlinginc.com/wi/news/2018/0913/645766/impact-wrestling-bound-for-glory-sold-out/

Impact Wrestling Bound for Glory is sold out. The event takes place on October 14th at the Melrose Ballroom in Queens, NY, which can seat up to 1,300 people.

http://www.mandatory.com/wrestlezone/news/997577-impact-wrestling-announces-presenting-sponsor-for-bound-for-glory

IMPACT Wrestling Announces COMDA.com as Presenting Sponsor for Bound for Glory

IMPACT Wrestling announced today it has signed an agreement with COMDA Advertising Connections (COMDA.com) to serve as the presenting sponsor for the annual pay-per-view extravaganza Bound for Glory, which takes place on Oct. 14 in New York City, NY.

• Like 1

https://www.wrestlinginc.com/wi/news/2018/0914/645785/wwe-interested-in-signing-impact-wrestling-star/

WWE officials are interested in signing Impact Wrestling star Killer Kross, according to the Wrestling Observer Newsletter.

No word yet on if WWE has put feelers out to Kross but they are interested in the 33 year old because of his size and look. Kross stands at 6 foot 4 inches and weighs in at 265 pounds. It was noted that New Japan Pro Wrestling also has interest in signing the big man.

Kross started with Lucha Underground in 2015 and recently debuted as The White Rabbit. He began working with Lucha Libre AAA Worldwide in 2017 and made his Impact debut earlier this summer. Kross, who won the Rising Star Award at the 2018 Cauliflower Alley Club ceremony, is currently involved in a stable with Moose and Impact World Heavyweight Champion Austin Aries.

I think WWE would be a bad fit for Kross.  6'4 265 is huge, but he wouldn't look as big compared to Lars Sullivan, Braun, AoP, Harper, and Rowan. Plus, there's already Aleister Black and Bray that are completely tattooed. I think he would definitely lose some of the aura he has. I don't think I would make that move if I were Kross unless WWE made him an offer that just blows away what he currently makes.

• Like 3

At this stage it’s his edgy gimmick and menacing aura that has got him over in Impact.  He’s ok in ring but not great yet. I fear WWE would neutralise his character, especially on the main roster and he would get lost in the shuffle.

“Hey pal, we’ve already got a guy who wears a black trench coat here”

• Like 1

On 9/14/2018 at 8:11 PM, Infinit said:

Kevin is such a good guy and an incredible performer. Would be great to see him in WWE.

I've heard that a lot about him and would be happy with whatever success he's had.  But now more than ever he can go wherever else without even sniffing WWE and be quite successful.  And given they have more quality talent on their roster than they know what to do with I'd worry he would get lost in the shuffle.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, DreamBroken said:

Andrew Everett announced he's been granted his release from Impact today. He was always a highlight for me when he was on.

I could see him getting a shot in NXT or for 205Live. The Hardy connection definitely doesn't hurt.

• Like 1

Dude needs to shave his head before he goes full Devin Townsend pre-shave. He does some really crazy shit but I don't know if I'd call any of his matches, like, good or great. At least that was the case when he was in PWG and other indies I watched.

9 minutes ago, Oyaji said:

Dude needs to shave his head before he goes full Devin Townsend pre-shave. He does some really crazy shit but I don't know if I'd call any of his matches, like, good or great. At least that was the case when he was in PWG and other indies I watched.

Devin Townsend had the greatest skullet ever. It put Hogan's to shame.

I was lucky enough to see Townsend's skullet in all its glory when Strapping Young Lad played the 2005 Sounds of the Undergroud. That was an awesome touring package. I wish it lasted more than three years.

• Like 1

https://www.pwinsider.com/ViewArticle.php?id=120397

WWE AND IMPACT OFFICIALS MEET AT WWE HQ & MORE

Impact Wrestling officials Ed Nordholm and Scott D'Amore met with several high ranking WWE executives last week at WWE HQ in Stamford, CT, PWInsider.com has confirmed with several WWE sources.  Vince McMahon was not involved in the meeting we are told, but members of Triple H's team were in attendance.

The meeting between the two companies took place in the middle of last week, after Impact officials had returned from Manchester, Great Britain and right before they headed down to Mexico City for a pair of Impact Wrestling tapings.

One WWE source described the meeting as a general discussion about the two companies and as a chance to get everyone in the same room as opposed to a a specific negotiation.  Since Impact was purchased by Anthem Media, WWE has worked with the company on several occasions, paying to license material from the TNA/Impact Wrestling video library for usage on the WWE Network, most notably the Hardy Boyz "Broken Universe" material and AJ Styles-related content.

When contacted today by PWInsider.com, Impact officials declined to comment on the nature of the meetings.  One Impact source specifically stressed that the meetings were not regarding the sale of either Impact Wrestling as a company or it's video library, stating neither are for sale.