DVDVR Message Board

The "I Can't Believe It's 2018 and I'm Starting Another TNA Thread" Thread

7 hours ago, mattdangerously said:

Which would be weird if it's the case, because there is no aspect of his NXT run that wasn't an objective failure.  Took forever to get put on TV; shit the bed in his debut match; had the stupidest look ever; had no memorable matches... 

And when they gave him a manager for heat, it was in the form of Zahra Schreiber--Seth Rollins' mistress turned GF turned ex/Sonya Deville's current GF who had her Nazi/racist sympathies from her social media exposed on the day of their house show debut. 

After a few stream issues, what aired of the Impact/RISE Rise of the Knockouts show on Twitch tonight was pretty fun. Su Yung vs. Saraya Knight falls count anywhere was interesting including a spot where Saraya attempted to hang Su from the balcony with a rope. The original main event of Delilah Doom vs. Shotzi Blackheart both went down to injuries so the impromptu main event of Mercedes Martinez vs. Tessa Blanchard in a 30 minute ironman turned out pretty great stuff, loved that with an awesome finish too.

Meltzer says that Blanchard's deal is 2 years

Also from the new WON regarding upcoming TV tapings

Joe DeFalco, the promoter of the Las Vegas based Future Stars of Wrestling, said that he would be promoting Impact TV tapings for three nights in November in Las Vegas. The plan right now is to tape about once a month, doing four to six shows over two or three days, and going to a new market every time out with the idea of it being fresher crowds. They could return to Orlando at some point but right now they have different markets booked for all television through November and Orlando is not on the list of cities.

On ‎7‎/‎10‎/‎2018 at 6:06 PM, RIPPA said:

Tessa Blanchard has a signed a "long-term" deal with Impact

Which means they will probably put the title on her at some point, meaning that Su Yung will probably drop the belt to Madison at Slammiversary and Allie & Tessa will brawl for #1 Contendership.

Impact has done an admirable job of shifting the KO Title picture around after Rosemary's ACL injury at the hands of Shitty Star..

12 minutes ago, J.T. said:

Impact has done an admirable job of shifting the KO Title picture around after Rosemary's ACL injury at the hands of Shitty Star..

Isn't her current injury from something else? Just looking at cagematch she worked plenty of shows after the Sexy Star incident.

I can't wait to see Rosemary come back from the dead for her revenge against Su Yung. Have her go darker, more corpse paint, dirt encrusted gear, like Per "Dead" Ohlin, the late frontman of Norwegian black metal band, Mayhem, who committed suicide in 1991.

• Like 1

I saw this movie about all that Norwegian Black Metal stuff and it was crazy dude.

They were burning churches down and shit.

baxk on topic I’d go see Impact at Sam’s Town. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Web Conn said:

I saw this movie about all that Norwegian Black Metal stuff and it was crazy dude.

They were burning churches down and shit.

baxk on topic I’d go see Impact at Sam’s Town. 

Sam Dunn's 2005 documentary Metal: A Headbanger's Journey covers the scene. It's a really good documentary in general that covers the history of heavy music and its many sub-genres.

• Like 2

Yeah I’ll have to check that out.

what I saw was called Lords of Mayhem or something it’s a narrative film that is produced by Vice and Stars Macculley Culkins little brother Rory.

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Oyaji said:

Still the worst/grossest album art ever. 

A former friend of mine presented a patch of that to me once as a "gift". I don't know why it's still in my patch and sticker bag because I should have tossed it; for fuck's sake, I knew Dead's friend Metalion from online for a couple years before he left the scene and he even sent me a Slayer backpatch that I put on a denim. 

That Lords of Chaos movie is something I never wanna see. Can't really recommend the book either because its author is a shady creep but if you really want to learn about the Norway happenings in print form, it's all there. For film, Dunn got more in depth about black metal in the episode of his show that VH1 wouldn't air:

Spoiler

Start around the thirty minute mark for the black metal stuff if you want to pass on the death and grind stuff

I love that we're going off topic on this in the TNA thread haha

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Eivion said:

Isn't her current injury from something else? Just looking at cagematch she worked plenty of shows after the Sexy Star incident.

Yeah, after the Sexy Star incident, she tore her ACL in a match with Jessica Havok.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, J.T. said:

I hadn't heard about the match with Jessica Havok.  Poor Rosemary.  Those are some serious injuries she's had to recover from in the last year or so.

I don't think the missed all that much time from the Sexy Star shoot.  The ACL tear is going to keep her out the rest of the year, at least.

3 hours ago, J.T. said:

I hadn't heard about the match with Jessica Havok.  Poor Rosemary.  Those are some serious injuries she's had to recover from in the last year or so.

Yeah - it was in AAW in like Feb

But they didn't officially announce it was a torn ACL until like May.

11 hours ago, Curt McGirt said:

A former friend of mine presented a patch of that to me once as a "gift". I don't know why it's still in my patch and sticker bag because I should have tossed it; for fuck's sake, I knew Dead's friend Metalion from online for a couple years before he left the scene and he even sent me a Slayer backpatch that I put on a denim. 

That Lords of Chaos movie is something I never wanna see. Can't really recommend the book either because its author is a shady creep but if you really want to learn about the Norway happenings in print form, it's all there. For film, Dunn got more in depth about black metal in the episode of his show that VH1 wouldn't air:

Hide contents

Start around the thirty minute mark for the black metal stuff if you want to pass on the death and grind stuff

I love that we're going off topic on this in the TNA thread haha

We're not totally off topic since I brought it up because of Rosemary. If there's a thread it's ok to go off topic, it should be the TNA one. It just feels right. Although, I'm very happy with the job Impact is doing to remove the stench of TNA.

I was just think like yesterday that it won't be shameful to start the 2019 Impact thread

Then I was like "Man - there is still a half a year to bring in Enzo..."

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

You brought up Enzo and this just popped into my mind it's not necessarily Impact related but ...

I don't know if this would even work, I was thinking about a stable of Enzo and Cass and Cody led by Jim Cornette as like an anti Indie wrestling fraction who are all entitled former WWE stars. Cody as NWA Champ and Enzo and Cass as NWA Tag Champs. I think they could get huge heat and be true heels all over the indie scene. Give Jim and Enzo the mic as just tear into the fans before the matches just getting tons of heat. A ECW Dudley Boys type of feel.

There's no way it would ever work in real life but the idea just popped into my head.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Web Conn said:

You brought up Enzo and this just popped into my mind it's not necessarily Impact related but ...

I don't know if this would even work, I was thinking about a stable of Enzo and Cass and Cody led by Jim Cornette as like an anti Indie wrestling fraction who are all entitled former WWE stars. Cody as NWA Champ and Enzo and Cass as NWA Tag Champs. I think they could get huge heat and be true heels all over the indie scene. Give Jim and Enzo the mic as just tear into the fans before the matches just getting tons of heat. A ECW Dudley Boys type of feel.

There's no way it would ever work in real life but the idea just popped into my head.

Cody wouldn't put up with their shit and he seems anti-Cornette so I can't see him as part of it.  And  please, please keep the mutants the fuck away from Impact.

And @RIPPA as long as they don't sign them then I'm imagining a 2019 that is not the least bit shameful.  Heck, a title change for this wouldn't be the worst thing in the world.  Shit, I'm even trying to get people that tapped out on TNA to come back in and after selling it to them they're gonna start checking it out.

• Like 2

Impact made it to ESPN with the  Segment with the football player making it to Bomani Jones and Pablo Torres' s shpw High Noon.  They dropped the Impact name a bunch of times while watching and reacting to the video.

• Like 3