DVDVR Message Board

The "I Can't Believe It's 2018 and I'm Starting Another TNA Thread" Thread

• 2 weeks later...

Anthem just brought in a new COO who has. a 15 year history working at Viacom.

The following was sent to us:

LONDON | TORONTO – Anthem Sports & Entertainment Corp. is pleased to announce that Peter Einstein has joined the company as its Chief Operating Officer.

Einstein has enjoyed a long and distinguished career in the media industry with more than 35 years as a senior executive and entrepreneur. He will now bring this extensive experience in media operations and global relationships to Anthem, leading and developing Anthem’s operations with a focus on expanding assets to new markets and platforms.

Einstein started his career at MTV, where he spent 16 years in the U.S. and Europe, including launching and running MTV Networks Europe. He then spent a decade as President of Showtime Arabia (now OSN), the Middle East’s premier satellite television platform, before setting up Einstein Media Consulting Partners (EMCP) in 2007.

EMCP is an advisory, investment and consulting firm, specializing in media, technology, entertainment and communications. It was one of the first investors in GINX Esports TV, which is now the world’s largest TV channel of its kind, where Einstein still serves as Chairman.

“The addition of Peter to our team signals our commitment to continued growth as a sports media and entertainment company, targeting passionate communities and surveying premium content,” said Leonard Asper, CEO and founder of Anthem. “Peter brings incredible expertise and experience to our company, including in global operations and digital media, which is key as we expand and develop our assets across all platforms. I couldn’t think of a better person to add to our executive suite.”

Einstein added: “I am thrilled to be joining Leonard and Anthem at this critical juncture in its growth trajectory. We have an excellent team and a wealth of opportunities before us, and I am looking forward to focusing and driving the company as it executes its expansion strategy.”

On ‎6‎/‎26‎/‎2018 at 9:09 PM, odessasteps said:

Sadly, it appears he is not related to Albert Brooks and Super Dave Osborne.

Even sadder that Einstein did not doctor the name of his company to more closely ape the equation central to the Theory of Relativity.

EMCP

E=MC^2

1 hour ago, West Newbury Bad Boy said:

Somebody please drag Sami back to Arkham Asylum that is the Florida NXT loop. And this time, make sure he doesn't pull a Cesar Romero and escape on a spring-loaded pitching mound. 

What about a very long tour of untaped South American promotions?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, West Newbury Bad Boy said:

Somebody please drag Sami back to the Arkham Asylum that is the Florida NXT loop. And this time, make sure he doesn't pull a Cesar Romero and escape on a spring-loaded pitching mound. 

Why do you hate the Largo loop?

I dunno. I don't get the hate for Sami Callihan. Are the videos like this over the top and campy? Sure. If you can't be OTT and campy in pro wrestling, where can you? I mean, who doesn't love a low budget, campy horror movie? That's the vibe I got from that video. 

Did Callihan's nxt run not go well? Of course it didn't. The hacker character was cool, but it didn't really fit him. Plus, he had injuries, and by the time he was brought back to tv, he had been passed over by some of the newer signings. 

Is it the Eddie Edwards bat injury? I hope Sami's intention wasn't to go out and injure Eddie, but the injury happened, why not turn it into an angle? Sami's a heel, it got him heat. Should Greg Valentine not have worn a shirt that said "I Broke Wahoo's Leg"? 

I'm not trying to change anyone's opinion. Just curious as to where the Sami hate stems from, I guess.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

I'm not trying to change anyone's opinion. Just curious as to where the Sami hate stems from, I guess.

The most common big ones you are missing

1) Callihan's ex-wife has accused him of domestic abuse. This is why you see his name lumped in with Elgin and now Enzo.

2) He has a reputation for being.... difficult... in the locker room (this is mainly on the indie promotion side). I have seen comments about him refusing to do jobs and basically where he and his friends have to always be put over.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, West Newbury Bad Boy said:

Somebody please drag Sami back to the Arkham Asylum that is the Florida NXT loop. And this time, make sure he doesn't pull a Cesar Romero and escape on a spring-loaded pitching mound. 

Wouldn't it be easier to just toss him overboard during the cruise?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, RIPPA said:

2) He has a reputation for being.... difficult... in the locker room (this is mainly on the indie promotion side). I have seen comments about him refusing to do jobs and basically where he and his friends have to always be put over.

Pretty much, he acts like he's a bigger draw than anyone in BC and somehow keeps being given that power.  NJPW asked him first night of the G1 Tag League to not do one specific spot anymore.  he proceeded to do it every match and is no longer welcome, and considering they still book Elgin strong...

4 hours ago, RIPPA said:

The most common big ones you are missing

1) Callihan's ex-wife has accused him of domestic abuse. This is why you see his name lumped in with Elgin and now Enzo.

The first one is a negative no matter who it is. Will I still be able to watch a Sami Callihan match? Sure. Will I still be able to appreciate it as much? Most likely not. Call it the Benoit syndrome.

It's not anywhere remotely close to the same universe as domestic violence, Callihan acting like an indy Shawn Michaels is disappointing. While not on the main roster, perhaps being in WWE went to his head.

19 hours ago, Brian Fowler said:

What about a very long tour of untaped South American promotions?

I'd be more than happy to accompany Sami on a South American tour. You can most likely find me "taking in all Colombia has to offer".

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

While not on the main roster, perhaps being in WWE went to his head.

Which would be weird if it's the case, because there is no aspect of his NXT run that wasn't an objective failure.  Took forever to get put on TV; shit the bed in his debut match; had the stupidest look ever; had no memorable matches... 

Honestly he took the momentum from dropping out of NXT that sometimes happens, coincidentally injured a guy and was smart enough to parlay it into an angle that got some heat on him by not apologizing for it and working marks like Jim Cornette.

• Like 1