DVDVR Message Board

The "I Can't Believe It's 2018 and I'm Starting Another TNA Thread" Thread

The show was a ton of fun live. The place was packed which was really cool.

I’m not too familiar with the current crop impact guys but the show was fun. The opening 6 way and the trios match were a ton of fun to watch live.

Teddy and Steiner vs OVE was fun. Crowd was super pumped for Steiner. Match went how you thought it would go. Teddy played Ricky Morton for OVE then Steiner came in hit a bunch of Suplexes flipped a couple middle fingers at OVE and got the 3.

Mack and Killshot held up their end of the bargain, LAX did not.

And I thought the Main Event actually benefited from no Del Rio.

On 4/8/2018 at 12:34 PM, kafkonia said:

Somebody, book a Teddy Hart vs. Alberto vs. Low-Ki match, quick.

On 4/8/2018 at 12:49 PM, Raziel said:

Why?  Ki and Alberto will no show and Teddy will still refuse to job. 

Would he consider doing the job for one of his cats?  Honestly, Teddy Hart vs. Fluffy would probably be the highest profile match dude has had in ten years.  If his last name wasn't Hart, he'd be as memorable as Slugga (from RoH/Special K/etc.)

• Like 1

I have a soft spot for Teddy Hart, he is self saboteur, he doesn't always have the best judgement when it comes to picking his spots etc etc but Teddy vs Homicide from 2005 in JAPW was what got me into Indy Wrestling sweet sweet beautiful Indy Wrestling. So I cant completely hate the guy. Plus that running suplex from inside the ring to the outside onto OVE to kick off that match was bonkers.

12 hours ago, Morganti said:

Apparently X-Pac's dog is a special needs rescue. Which also acts as his therapy dog to keep him clean and off drugs

Correct - in fact this a cute scene in the new WWE 24 about the RAW 25th Anniversary

Pac is walking to the Manhattan Center (with the dog) and he gets there just as Undertaker is getting there.

Taker asks about the dog and Pac explains the he found her on the street like a year and half ago. The dog has/had a broken jaw that can't be completely corrected (that's why her tongue is always hanging out) and she is blind in one eye.

And then as Morganti said - Pac has said in other interviews that having the dog to take care of has given him a meaning to keep himself sober

• Like 12

On 4/10/2018 at 10:55 AM, Keep Calm, Akira Hokuto On said:

Would he consider doing the job for one of his cats?  Honestly, Teddy Hart vs. Fluffy would probably be the highest profile match dude has had in ten years.  If his last name wasn't Hart, he'd be as memorable as Slugga (from RoH/Special K/etc.)

Wow, a Slugga reference. That's a blast from the past. What's next? The Outkast Killaz

• Like 1

Mike Killam: "Hi Austin, was wondering what your reaction to TNA being mentioned by Kurt Angle on Raw?"

Aries: "Yeah we are hiring. If you come here we won't drug test you, or take money out of your pocket for smoking marijuana. We'll put you in the main event. In all seriousness I didn't think much of Kurt name dropping TNA on #RAW this week but says that they should update the way they refer to the company which is probably why they mentioned it since TNA was technically folded in 2017. He goes on to say that @IMPACTWRESTLING is always hiring and there's a lot of great reasons. However various people there got in touch with us saying it was more a shot at Del Rio than us. So yeah, we're hiring. Always. Come be part of it."

And... the penny drops.  

• Like 1

I just now discovered the GWN app was on the Xbox, so I signed up for the free trial.  The app has a long ways to go to catch up to the Network but it's workable.  No chapter stops is no fun and the fast forwarding and pausing is bad too.  They still have some decent amount of content for $7.99 a month.

I caught the first TNA show ever and it was more low rent than I remembered.  The crowd was kinda dead and it was sad to see how far wrestling had fallen since 2001.  When WCW died, it was semi-enjoyable and pretty non-wacky but TNA went in the opposite direction creeping towards 2000 WCW levels but with the X-Division.  I might just end up skipping around and watching more current stuff since I'm pretty out of the loop on the product.  I also wish they had a compendium of the Broken Matt stuff so I could just watch that stuff.

On 4/12/2018 at 8:02 PM, Curt McGirt said:

Hearing that about Waltman hits home. A buddy of mine who's been to rehab at least three times and OD'd who knows how many got a rescue pit with bad legs and though she's been through some surgeries, she's helped him out tremendously.

Pets are wonderful. As dumb as it may sound to some, my cats have kept me from seriously hurting myself because I can't fathom not being there to care for them.

• Like 10

Guest Edwin

It seems like the Impact and Lucha Underground outdrew all of the shows on WM weekend at the same venue aside from the WrestleCon SuperShow with basically the same guys who worked all the other shows.

The show itself was not good, but it wasn't bad or boring either. Edwards vs. Callihan was too long though and for some reason Josh Matthews continue calling plastic chairs "steel chairs."

On 4/19/2018 at 2:03 PM, Web Conn said:

Just in case some of you forgot, let's relive one of the more ridiculous angles in TNA history ... Claire Lynch

How to make an AJ vs The Addiction feud suck.

On 4/15/2018 at 11:21 AM, Edwin said:

and for some reason Josh Matthews continue calling plastic chairs "steel chairs."

This is the place where wooden folding tables are metal objects for Full Metal May-Ham.

I finished their January One Night Only subtitled Collision In Oklahoma.  I only wanted to watch it cause I saw that it had matches from Canada on it and I wanted to see what the reasoning was for that.  It's cause the Oklahoma stuff really wasn't broadcast quality.  5 camera shoot but none of them were any good.  3 guys on the floor and only one of them was steady but he was shooting up into the ring and into the lights.  Hard cam looked a mile away and they had a corner security-like cam that was alright but kind of awkward so it didn't get much play.  Just a ton of missed shots.  There's even a backstage promo with one of the locals (not the Wild Samoan Sika to Eli Drake's disappointment) where he says to just read his shirt and the cameraman doesn't pan down at all so you can't see anything but the first word.  I'm really surprised WWE hasn't snatched up the Von Erichs already.  The big one's kind of wild but the smaller one looks solid.  Alberto and Lashley both acting like complete babyfaces but still wrestling heel-ish was weird as well as including Alberto's entire "we kill ourselves for the real fans" post-match promo and handshake with Lashley considering at the time both were unabashed heels on Impact TV.  Alberto kept his shirt on the whole match.  Also, you can see Justin Roberts but they never aired the ring announcements.  I'm pretty sure 3 of the 4 Canadian matches were used as filler on Impact already.  If the production were better in Oklahoma this might of been alright but as is they got a lot of nerve trying to charge people money for this.