DVDVR Message Board

The "I Can't Believe It's 2018 and I'm Starting Another TNA Thread" Thread

Alberto el Patron did not appear today as scheduled for Impact Wrestling at Wrestlecon in New Orleans.

There has been a lot of talk among wrestlers that his status with the company is very much up in the air after he failed to appear at last night's Impact Wrestling vs. Lucha Underground event, but Impact officials have yet to comment on the situation.

This is my shocked face

PWI is saying that Impact has released Alberto

The merch company that Alberto was supposed to be doing the signing for at WrestleCon is claiming Alberto "had an emergency"

• Like 1

Just now, West Newbury Bad Boy said:

Will they accept a doctor's note excusing him because he was getting boozed up and banging twenty year olds? 

No,  but will accept one from Epstein’s mother. 

• Like 2

By Mike Johnson on 2018-04-07 19:08:00
Impact Wrestling has released former impact Champion Alberto El Patron effective immediately, PWInsider has confirmed.  

The release comes on the heels of Patron no showing last night's Lucha Underground vs. Impact Wrestling event in New Orleans.

While one Impact source stated last night that Patron had claimed to be sick, the word around the locker room was that Patron had blown off the show. He had appeared earlier in the day for a press conference that was filmed and streamed live on the internet where he and current impact Champion Austin Aries got into a physical scuffle to build their April 22nd Redemption pay-per-view main event. Obviously that match will not be happening.

One story that has been shared amongst the wrestlers today is that Impact head Ed Nordholm was staying in the same hotel as Patron and attempted to check on him but was unable to do so.  PWInsider can also confirm that there was great concern last night about Patron's well-being amongst those in company management to the point that there was talk of calling police to make a wellness check on him.

After missing last night's event, Patron did not appear as scheduled for his autograph signing today at Wrestlecon for Impact.

We are told that an official statement from Impact about Patron's termination is forthcoming and may be released as early as tonight.

• Like 2

On April 4, 2018 at 9:41 PM, Web Conn said:

Teddy Hart and Scott Steiner are teaming up against OVE on the Impact vs Lucha Underground show on Friday

Watching this with Matthews and Striker on commentary is like the 4th or 5th circle of wrestling hell.

• Haha 1

Teddy Hart having one facial reaction for everything: selling, standing on a guy's back to hit a yoshi tonic, excitement, boredom... It's all great. The show was very much just a show but that match was fun. I was pretty much zoned out by the time the I Quit match started and Eddie Edwards having Teddy Hart's acting range did not convince me to give it more of my attention. Should I have?

Oh and Mack & Killshot looked really good and then the LAX guys... That was rough. 

• Like 1

I guess thats best possible outcome they could do. Nobody else was really booked as credible threat to Aries asides of Cage and I'm sure that they don't want to do Aries/Cage this soon so doing a triple threat rematch that Aries lost makes sense.

27 minutes ago, Brian Fowler said:

What sucks is they have two weeks before the show, the TV is already in the can, and it's building to Patron challenging.

It’s clear they aren’t gonna air the Alberto stuff. Seems to me like they will just edit in footage from this week 

• Like 1