DVDVR Message Board

The "I Can't Believe It's 2018 and I'm Starting Another TNA Thread" Thread

40 minutes ago, (BP) said:

What he loves about wrestling is he'll get older and the girls will stay Paige's age. 

Hopefully, the next girl will beat Alberto to the punch and scream in an airport that he's holding all the coke before he can.

• Like 1

I mean I don’t want him to go back at all because he, like Ziggler and Ryder, would just use space that a guy like Buddy Murphy would benefit from, while also being harsh as fuck regarding the shit with Paige.

But if he does go back, I would say there’s a good chance certain people in that locker room are going to put him on notice that if he fucks up, he’s going to get fucked up. 

2 hours ago, DeathyBoy said:

I mean I don’t want him to go back at all because he, like Ziggler and Ryder, would just use space that a guy like Buddy Murphy would benefit from, while also being harsh as fuck regarding the shit with Paige.

But if he does go back, I would say there’s a good chance certain people in that locker room are going to put him on notice that if he fucks up, he’s going to get fucked up. 

I know he wasn't a great shoot fighter, but, realistically, how many guys on the roster do you think could actually take him? Not very many.

1 hour ago, Brian Fowler said:

I know he wasn't a great shoot fighter, but, realistically, how many guys on the roster do you think could actually take him? Not very many.

Between the 4 Rosters, probably 7 guys, 3 women, and 2 PC coaches.  And one of those women currently rolls with Paige.

2 hours ago, Hagan said:

ADR is the picture perfect example of why "but he LOOKS and carries himself like a World Champion" is the most bullshit fallacy in wrestling. 

And wrong in this case. Dude was an entrance and a manager. When they removed both, he was pretty poor.

The fact he had the gall to blame WWE was some bullshit too. He got pushed pretty consistently and was a multi time champ but couldn’t stick the landing.

Its why it makes me laugh when Del Rio and Ziggler whine at bad booking. Miz literally got thrown down the card and spent years working his ass off to the point they pushed him back up the card. 

• Like 2

I like Alberto cause he's got that air of danger about him that not enough guys can project anymore.  Like he might snap and go after one of the marks if they say the wrong thing.  I wouldn't break the bank or kowtow to him though.  Especially if you can retain access to El Hijo del Fantasma who'd be more capable of drawing in new Hispanic fans since he's not as exposed to the US audience as Alberto.

Edwards re-signed.

• Like 2

I don't know much about what is going on in Impact currently as I don't get Pop TV so I can't watch with any regularity but these Twitch specials so far have been good. I just finished the one from february that was done in conjunction with Wrestle Pro and the camera work was a little shotty at times but the wrestling was very good. It was my first time seeing a lot of the wrestlers work and I enjoyed it.

I'm watching the one that they just taped last Sunday I'm on the 3rd match right now but I'm enjoying it. The place is packed I know its a small arena only holding 300 people but it actually looks good on camera. Impact is never going to be the number 2 promotion in the U.S. or be direct competition with the WWE but I'm enjoying this D'Amore Callis regime. esstially this is an Indie with a TV on an obscure cable channel and I can get behind that.

• Like 2

23 hours ago, Web Conn said:

I don't know much about what is going on in Impact currently as I don't get Pop TV so I can't watch with any regularity but these Twitch specials so far have been good. I just finished the one from february that was done in conjunction with Wrestle Pro and the camera work was a little shotty at times but the wrestling was very good. It was my first time seeing a lot of the wrestlers work and I enjoyed it.

I'm watching the one that they just taped last Sunday I'm on the 3rd match right now but I'm enjoying it. The place is packed I know its a small arena only holding 300 people but it actually looks good on camera. Impact is never going to be the number 2 promotion in the U.S. or be direct competition with the WWE but I'm enjoying this D'Amore Callis regime. esstially this is an Indie with a TV on an obscure cable channel and I can get behind that.

See if you can find the Crossroads special from last week. One of the best shows they’ve done in a while and the first time that I can recall them actually executing the concept of a “Clash-type” tv special the right way. 

• Like 3

Apparently Slammiversary is getting moved

Per the WON

The second PPV of the year, Slammiversary, planned for 7/15, is being moved, because WWE wanted to run that day

The released WWE PPV schedule has Extreme Rules happening that day so it makes sense but I also feel like it isn't new news so its weird that Dave would suddenly report it (since the updated PPV schedule has been out since the WWE announced the all dual brand shows thing like a month ago)

3 hours ago, Serious Darius Bagfelt said:

I haven't watched Impact in forever.  Passed by it on TV today  and what do I get?  A dumb as shit segment of Alberto Del Rio trying to force feed a still mooing steak to Austin Aries.  

No wonder his restaurant tanked.  That's terrible customer service.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

• 2 weeks later...