DVDVR Message Board

The "I Can't Believe It's 2018 and I'm Starting Another TNA Thread" Thread

16 hours ago, Web Conn said:

Has Bound For Glory ever had that larger than life feel though?

I'd say the first one did, but that was due to the circumstances (its promotion, its standing at the time of the weekly PPVs, etc).

Nobody short of the NFL or Olympics are going to approach the overblown pomp & circumstance that WWE does but from 2007 to whenever Hogan left, TNA at least looked major league.  BFG 2017 might as well have been a random Impact with that main event finish and a cold Tyson Dux filler match.

The Barb Wire match (from Jan 18?) is starting right now on Twitch. 

This is the first current TNA I have watched in awhile. We'll see how it goes.

I watched the twitch feed the other night for awhile and enjoyed it. Lots of older stuff - some of it embarrassing, like Puppet in the trash can. But fun. The VQ on the twitch feed is excellent, too. 

Quick! Put him in the Hall of Fame!

(And I posted the full story in the regular discussion thread but it doesn't really have more details beyond he signed with the WWE)

11 hours ago, Marty Sugar said:

I think it's more cutting all pricey/non-essential talent to get to this cheaper version of whatever is left.

That might be the case but Borash IMO is the absolute last person they could let go.  I'm not going to say it's all doom and gloom for Impact, but they're going to have one helluva tough time getting over this loss.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, NikoBaltimore said:

That might be the case but Borash IMO is the absolute last person they could let go.  I'm not going to say it's all doom and gloom for Impact, but they're going to have one helluva tough time getting over this loss.

Not disagreeing but cutting Borash also clearly states “this is not the old TNA at all,” even though I know Damore is still there and all. 

13 hours ago, Brian Fowler said:

I like how they aren't even slightly trying to hide the big giant spoilers from the tapings anywhere

They had posted it on their social media within 24 hours of it happening.

I kinda understand it - they want a hook to have people come back and check them out.

Obviously it would have been better if they did a quasi-live show on the first day of tapings like they used to do but it doesn't seem like they do that anymore.

On ‎2‎/‎1‎/‎2018 at 12:15 PM, RIPPA said:

I am an XB1 user and I can't really say that I consider this to be good news.  it feeds more into the XBOX ONE IS IN TROUBLE OMG~! bullshit I see every week in Forbes articles from Paul Tassi who is obviously on the Sony payroll.

5 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

BTW - JT while you are here.

You might wanna sit down when you read about Rosemary apparently blowing out her knee/leg in a match this weekend

Goddamn you. Rippa.  I was having a good day until I heard this.

Silver lining - By the time that Impact is ready to shoot more episodes, her knee will be 100%.

During a match at AAW’s Chaos event, last night in LaSalle, Illinois that saw AAW Women’s Champion Jessicka Havok take on IMPACT Wrestling’s Rosemary in a match for the title – Rosemary suffered a knee injury and had to be helped to the back.

Sources tell us that during the match the two had a kick exchange and Rosemary ducked a kick, countered with her own and went down. She rolled to the outside for an extended period of time before they went to a quick finish.

We are being told that she cannot put weight on her knee and the fear is that she has suffered a serious knee injury but she won’t know for sure until she sees a doctor.

The Impact Wrestling event being promoted in conjunction with Scott D'Amore's Border City Wrestling on 3/3 in Windsor, Ontario will be a One Night Only PPV taping.

Impact announced the following: "Friday night February 16th our next One Night Only event will premiere on Global Wrestling Network! This is your chance to see the final James Storm IMPACT Wrestling match ever. It all went down in the Great White North and you can see this incredible three hours of action for yourself on One Night Only: Canadian Clash. This is just another reason to subscribe to GWN and start watching these incredible events! From One Night Only to episodes of IMPACT to other original programming, it is all available at your fingertips and now, as announced on IMPACTWrestling.Com yesterday, you can watch GWN on your Xbox One!"