DVDVR Message Board

The "I Can't Believe It's 2018 and I'm Starting Another TNA Thread" Thread

They showed this most recent Bound for Glory after the Barbed Wire Massacre 3 premiere last night. I didn't stick around. In the most TNA thing Possible they had 10,400 people watching BW3 and they number dropped to like 4,000 immediately after the finnish, I get what they were trying to do, use BW3 as a lead into BFG but nobody stuck around. he sentiment I have been getting is the barbed wire match under delivered on people expectations.  I'm curious to if BW3 was a 1980's Puerto Rico bloodbath if people would have stuck around?

Count me as one that dropped out after BW3.  I feel they could have had a Big Japan style deathmatch with buckets of blood everywhere and people still would have dropped out.  They saw what they needed to see, why bother sticking around for something people either already watched or had no interest in seeing in the first place?

• Like 1

On 1/18/2018 at 9:15 AM, RIPPA said:

Hania The Huntress has already been fired.

Per the newest WON - she was supposed to put over Su Yung in 90 seconds and refused

@J.T. will be distraught

I was excited to see Hania arrive. How very Impact that she’s gone now lol 

20 hours ago, Brian Fowler said:

So this Twitch thing is like the live feed on WWE Network while the GWN is the on demand stuff?

Pretty much. The other big difference is that on GWN you also get stuff from other promotions whereas it seems the Twitch channel will be TNA stuff only.

https://www.ewrestlingnews.com/news/impact-wrestling-reportedly-talks-jeff-cobb

Partial Source: The Wrestling Observer Newsletter

According to sources, Jeff Cobb will be returning as Matanza Cueto during the fourth season of Lucha Underground. For what it’s worth, iMPACT! Wrestling is also interested in signing Cobb and the two sides have been talking in recent weeks. The company wanted to bring him in for their latest set of iMPACT! TV tapings but a deal wasn’t reached in time.

There are reports that Cobb wants to perform more regularly for NJPW. Cobb was part of their 2017 World Tag League. Cobb’s Lucha Underground contract would not prevent him from working for iMPACT! Wrestling.

It's cool that companies are reaching out to him. Dude is really good, I've seen him live a hand full of times last year. he has a genuine connection with the audience. I personally rather see him do the NJPW/ROH as I watch that more than I do Impact and LU.

9 hours ago, Marty Sugar said:

Do you think Jeff Cobb could feasibly get hired and quit Impact and still run an entire season of Lucha Underground before actually debuts and quits Impact TV?

Now that Impact is being a little "friendlier" about letting guys keep their gimmicks, etc maybe they'll be willing to let him work all 3. I'm sure Cobb could fit them all in his schedule since LU will likely tape their whole season over a few days and Impact tapes 3 months of TV at a time. Leaves him plenty of time for New Japan and maybe a few indies. 

5 hours ago, Oyaji said:

Even when Hulk took a beatdown he gets up at the end and fights off the bad guys.

He wasn't the only guy booked to look that tough...he just did it on the biggest stage.

Inoki was beating "real" fighters. Bruce Hart would fend off six guys with weapons in Stampede. Jerry Lawler was fighting off 3-4 guys in Memphis. It was the way the top babyfaces were made to look good.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Impact announced next Saturday's WrestlePro "Brace for IMPACT" event in Rahway NJ will be the first to be broadcast on Twitch. That event is headlined by Angelina Love vs. Tenille Dashwood (Emma in her first match since WWE), but I dunno if they'll only air the matches with Impact stars.

The rest of that card is:

Alberto el Patron vs. Fallah Bahh
Dan Maff vs. Johnny Impact (replacing Lashley)
Eli Drake vs. Matt Macintosh vs. Anthony Bowens
Eddie Edwards vs. Bobby Wayward
Matt Sydal vs. Chris Payne
Moose vs. Shawn Donovan
Allie & Braxton Sutter vs. Nikki Adams & Nikos Rikos
Chris Avery Quelling, Delroy, & Habib vs. KM, Chris Steeler, & Talon
Plus an appearance by Colby Covington to call out Tyron Woodley, and American Top Team's John Hartnett in a 6 way match.

23 minutes ago, nate said:

Is this the first Impact to have a women's match as the main?

Several episodes of the weekly show have had women's main events, I believe the first being a Kong/Gail match in 08 and later Mickie/Tara in a cage in 2010. More recently, Rosemary's matches against Jade, Taya, and Laurel all main evented.

• Thanks 1

LAX/OVE was wild but other than that BFG '17 was terrible.  They should bury it instead of exposing unsuspecting people to it.  It wasn't just the booking either, it looked and sounded awful especially the backstage segments.  This may have been the most bush league they've ever come off and it's supposed to be their WrestleMania.

8 hours ago, Web Conn said:

They've aired Bound for Glory 17.

Is there an air time for the WrerstlePro presents TNA yet?

In an update on this, it will not be live after all as the WrestlePro show takes place Feb 3 and then will air on Twitch the following week on Feb 10 so they'll likely just show the Impact related matches.