DVDVR Message Board

The "I Can't Believe It's 2018 and I'm Starting Another TNA Thread" Thread

Holy fuck, this booking is making my head hurt and my nose bleed.

All bullshit will be forgiven If I get a two month long bloodsoaked feud between Su Yung and Rosemary while Taya Valkryie and Hania The Huntress beat the living shit out of each other.

And yeah, two months in TNA taping time is what, a week and a half?

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, mattdangerously said:

2012 was good before the Aces and Eights bullshit.

Probably my all time favorite TNA year overall. October 2011 to October 2012. I thought mid-late 09 was really good. Hogan came in to start 2010 and I thought that was similar to the early days 02-03 as far as never knowing who was going to show up next. Eventually in that 2011-2012 period, I dug Hulk a lot in the GM role.

• Like 1

On 1/15/2018 at 3:45 PM, BReal said:

<rant>

This rant is about 10 years late, but is there any chance in hell that this company ever turns a profit? Or has EVER turned a profit?

2009. Then Hogan and Bischoff came to fuck that all up.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Aries winning the title for the first time would've been fine if it hadn't derailed the Roode/Storm feud.  Also, Aries did one of those non-turns where he was only a babyface cause he whined about not being in the main event.  Option C further devalued the X-Division Title by making it a lotto ticket.  Storm should've been the one to end Roode's record setting title reign in the main event of BFG.  Instead Aries won it at Destination X, tortured a biker under orders from Hulk Hogan, and then lost to Hardy at BFG cause the real story they wanted to tell wasn't of Aries' ascension up the ranks but of Hardy's redemption from getting shoot pinned by Sting.

Aces & Eights were a biker gang that looked like all but maybe 3 of, not even including the leader, had ever ridden a motorcycle before.  The mystery of who the masked men are still being a mystery to most of the audience even after they're unmasked.  Bully Ray as fantasy camp Hollywood Hogan.  Heel commentator Taz.  AJ Styles at his in-ring peak being wasted as their crow Sting and he wasn't even the one who got rid of the group.

No Lockdown, traditionally the company's best-performing PPV cause creative says they don't like the format.  Like the six-sided ring, they probably just don't have a cage anymore.

Never mind that they really shouldn't empower the marks but they're asking for opinions after already putting a quarter's worth of content in the can.

He's got to be like NXT Champion or ROH Top Prospect age by now.

Unfortunately, they did not sign Haku.

5 hours ago, CreativeControl said:

But by that logic everyone should hate the nWo wholesale too

A lot of people do.

4 hours ago, Keep Calm, Akira Hokuto On said:

By that logic, everyone should hate most successful stables.

At the moment, I'm trying to think of a NJPW stable in the past 10-15 years that I didn''t think went on too long.

Most stables benefit from better writing and having members that people like.  Aces and Eights was like if the NWO was just a dozen Horace Hogans.

• Like 1

Aces and Eights was an NWO redux by way of mimicking an FX show after its popularity had peaked. It sucked, but more importantly it became the central focal point of the promotion right after Aries and Roode had made it relevant again. From a booking perspective it's one of the biggest examples of TNA not being able to get out of their own way. 

• Like 4

Seems like a good time to remind everyone that a Twitch Prime membership is included in your Amazon Prime membership, which apparently gets you access to ad-free Twitch ... not that I've ever used it before.