DVDVR Message Board

The "I Can't Believe It's 2018 and I'm Starting Another TNA Thread" Thread

It's not.  They've used the same TNA belts that they started when they broke from NWA and gave those belts to Tharpe.  The exception is the World Title, which they changed once a few years ago.  The current belts are the GFW ones that they swapped to to get the TNA branding off, but then shit happened.  Although Marty's right, they have other shit to spend money on rather than belts.

• Like 1

I think the wrestlers all denied the parking story.

Normally I'd agree changing belts when money is tight is a bad idea, but they desperately needed new ones. Every title belt looking like Great American Bash 91 actively detracts from the show.

• Like 1

So according to Konnan and Sami, the barbed wire massacre match will be on Twitch because it is "too violent for POP TV".   When on Twitch I haven't seen yet.  Didn't even know that TNA had a twitch account.  

Apparently the non POP TV places showing Impact will show the match on their show.

<rant>

This rant is about 10 years late, but is there any chance in hell that this company ever turns a profit? Or has EVER turned a profit? We're not talking about blowing your meager savings to hep fund a monthly show (been there, done that, know how that feels), we're talking about tens of millions. TNA is like the cockroach of wrestling, surviving asteroids and nuclear bombs, slithering from the ashes to the shadows of a cable station that I'm not even sure I get. And for what reason? I'm not sure I can even comprehend why this company still exists in the current marketplace.

Is there anyone that would watch this over ROH, Beyond, PWG, AAW, AIW, CZW, Evolve, Wrestle Circus or other upper-level indies if given the choice?

</rant>

25 minutes ago, BReal said:

<rant>TNA is like the cockroach of wrestling, surviving asteroids and nuclear bombs, slithering from the ashes to the shadows of a cable station that I'm not even sure I get. And for what reason? I'm not sure I can even comprehend why this company still exists in the current marketplace.

25 minutes ago, BReal said:

Is there anyone that would watch this over ROH, Beyond, PWG, AAW, AIW, CZW, Evolve, Wrestle Circus or other upper-level indies if given the choice?</rant>

One of the few but I would. Always enjoyed the Impact roster over the years more than those companies (And in certain years more than WWE) while a lot of those companies haven't interested me much.

Laurel Van Ness has confirmed she's been granted her release from the company.

21 minutes ago, twiztor said:

i would watch 2002-2006 TNA over most of those options. 

i would rather watch 1999-2000 wcw than any tna from the last few years.

Of the last few, I thought 2016 was one of their very best years, with Drew and Lashley's runs on top and the Broken Hardy saga.

• Like 1

Never ever change

By Mike Johnson & Paul Jordan on 2018-01-16 08:45:00
Impact Wrestling announced on their website that the OVE vs. LAX Barbed Wire Masscre match would indeed be airing this Thursday on Pop in the United States, just days after Konnan announced the bout would air on Twitch.tv due to its obvious graphic and violent content.  That announcement was followed up by The Fight Network, which shares the same owner as Impact Wrestling, announcing it would indeed be airing the match in Canada.

11 hours ago, twiztor said:

i would watch 2002-2006 TNA over most of those options. 

i would rather watch 1999-2000 wcw than any tna from the last few years.

Yeah, 2002-2006 TNA was pretty tight.  I tuned out almost the day of Hogan signing on.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, ChesterCopperpot said:

I wonder are they actually running Toronto and not pulling that Oshawa bullshit again 

Well Meltzer said they wanted to run the place where the old Toronto Maple Leaf Gardens was

The plan was that they were gonna do the PPV and then all the TV there but the place is booked for at least some if not all of the dates.

So they don't have an actual location yet

2 minutes ago, ChesterCopperpot said:

I wonder are they actually running Toronto and not pulling that Oshawa bullshit again 

I was thinking like Vaughan or something.  Maybe that was giving them too much credit.