DVDVR Message Board

The "I Can't Believe It's 2018 and I'm Starting Another TNA Thread" Thread

13 minutes ago, Morganti said:

Friendly reminder that twitch is Amazon.

Amazon Prime to be exact. Which, until the House of Hardcore thing happened, I had no idea I could use Twitch Prime for free.

1 hour ago, RIPPA said:

Good - I hate 6 sided rings

Though I know it had its fans in places

I can only accept it in AAA, anywhere else and it looks out of place and unnecessary.  Glad to see the 4-sided ring back and ropes that don't look like shit.

• Like 1

I'm of two minds on the six sided ring: on one hand, it made them look different and stand out a bit, the company's fans tend to love it, it allowed the occasional cool spot, and was perfect for the best move in TNA history, THE POUNCE

On the other, guys struggled to adapt to it at times, several different wrestlers have said it hurts more to bump in, and it complicated sight lines on camera quite a bit.

1 minute ago, Brian Fowler said:

I'm of two minds on the six sided ring: on one hand, it made them look different and stand out a bit, the company's fans tend to love it, it allowed the occasional cool spot, and was perfect for the best move in TNA history, THE POUNCE

On the other, guys struggled to adapt to it at times, several different wrestlers have said it hurts more to bump in, and it complicated sight lines on camera quite a bit.

Plus, tag teams never seemed to utilize their apron positioning to the best possible effect, imho.

If your posts for a six-sided is:

3---4

... why put the partners in the 3 & 4 areas, instead of 1 & 6 or 2 & 5?  Most tag matches looked like singles bouts, almost every time.

"Alright, everyone, I'm ready to start my first day, and I've got some ideas about the direction we -"

"What are you doing?"

"Uh, production?  You know, my job?"

"Ooooh, no, nononono.  We didn't say 'job', we said you'd be 'doing jobs'.  Yeah, we need some of our talent to get over."

"Wait, what?"

"No time to chat, kid.  Grab your tights, you're on in 5, you're facing Alberto.  Here, grab this taco, great heel heat!"

• Haha 2

On 10/01/2018 at 8:11 PM, Brian Fowler said:

PERIOD

There's your punctuation

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

The six-sided ring is really all they have to keep people from thinking they're not watching some bootleg SmackDown.  Also, the hexagon is basically the company logo.  Callis saying they changed it cause the wrestlers prefer a four-sided ring better.  I'd posit that it's cause Anthem let the guy (Kensuke Sasaki lookalike) go that manages the ring crew and makes the rings and he probably just kept the ring.  AroLucha and GFW were probably using Impact's six-sided ring for their recent Nashville shows.

New championship belts in April.

Twitch channel might also stream the complete indie shows where they send Borash to tape matches for Impact content.

6 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

I feel like this is like 4 belt changes in less than 2 years

Well, they need it. Impact across the GFW belts is on the same level as the Western States belt being used as the World title at Great American Bash '91.

ROH, on the other hand, didn't need new belts, aside from introducing a women's title.

I'm really glad they are getting new belts because the GFW ones were bad in the first place and then they slapped that logo plate over the middle rendering them even dumber and now incoherent.

• Like 1