DVDVR Message Board

2018 INDIE WRESTLING THREAD

Mentioned on the Wild Okanagan Wrestling Facebook page that once a new video got 100 likes I would edit and post another, so here we go: this one is from July, and while not actually from the Okanagan (it's at the Wise Hall in Vancouver), it does feature a young lady who got her start in my promotion (Scarlett Black), and a world-traveled woman who is looking to spend some time in the Okanagan again in 2019...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RIPPA said:

Joey Ryan - clearly trying to be one of the cool kids - announced that he has a torn pec and that surgery is likely

Over here in the Okanagan, "Top Drawer" Michael More tore his biceps and needs to wait six weeks for an MRI just to see if he needs surgery. He's out indefinitely and he's one of our main people who is just starting to make some waves outside of our little pond. We were supposed to head down to Vancouver together on the 24th for the All Star Wrestling annual "West Coast Classic" Tag Team Tournament, but I've got the rookie Camaro Cope filling in. I feel bad for the guy, because it's fucking with his real job, too. :(

• Sad 2

12 hours ago, clintthecrippler said:

So Kenny Omega and Rey Fenix just tore down the house at Northeast Wrestling tonight and treated the Mid-Hudson Civic Center in Poughkeepsie like it was Tokyo Dome or Arena Mexico.

If you have yet to sample the Highspots Network, this is worth signing up to catch when the VOD is up.

I hear RVD and Jack Swagger balanced things out by having a match worthy of the Mid-Hudson Civic Center.

• Haha 4

I'm only two matches into this week's MLW show and so far Striker said that Marko Stunt reminds him of Rob Schneider, while Tony Schiavone said Stunt reminds him of Pauly Shore. They both worked in some Willie Nelson lyrics. It was Striker for the win with the Seinfeld reference during the MJF/Jason Cade/Jimmy Yuta match. "Cherish the cabin. Cherish the cabin." 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, clintthecrippler said:

So Kenny Omega and Rey Fenix just tore down the house at Northeast Wrestling tonight and treated the Mid-Hudson Civic Center in Poughkeepsie like it was Tokyo Dome or Arena Mexico.

If you have yet to sample the Highspots Network, this is worth signing up to catch when the VOD is up.

There's a pretty decent fan cam of this on Youtube, while it lasts anyway.

• Like 1

Went to the USA Pro show tonight in Orlando. I like going to Frank Goodman shows because you never know what to expect. The main event was jack swagger vs Vordell Walker in a cage. Sadly, the match wasn't very good as the crowd was pretty dead and a lot of people left after the Elijah Burke match. Weirdest match of the night was Shannon Moore vs Samuel Shaw. The ring ropes broke mid match. Two times, Shannon refused to kick out at three but the ref didn't count three. Finally, after the third time, Shannon got up and told the ref to fuck off and left from backstage. Never seen anything like that and I don't think it's an angle cause Goodman isn't that smart. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Tim Evans said:

Went to the USA Pro show tonight in Orlando. I like going to Frank Goodman shows because you never know what to expect. The main event was jack swagger vs Vordell Walker in a cage. Sadly, the match wasn't very good as the crowd was pretty dead and a lot of people left after the Elijah Burke match. Weirdest match of the night was Shannon Moore vs Samuel Shaw. The ring ropes broke mid match. Two times, Shannon refused to kick out at three but the ref didn't count three. Finally, after the third time, Shannon got up and told the ref to fuck off and left from backstage. Never seen anything like that and I don't think it's an angle cause Goodman isn't that smart. 

Was PCO there? I believe they advertised him for both, this and the upcoming NY card.

How was attendance? Was good enough for them to return to Orlando at a future point?

I was going to go, but I opted not to make the drive down there.

Pco is on the next show in February along with Shane Douglas. Crowd was about 150 or so. Better than wwn draws in Florida. Not sure if it's worth the drive as the wrestling isn't really good unless you like old wwr/tna guys and a MAGA heel group dominating everything. 

So I know the company doesn't have a great reputation these days, but I've been helping out with CZW lately and the last 2 shows have been pretty goddamn great. Last night's should be on Highspots soon and last month's is already there, but I feel like they're getting into a good rhythm. Lots of variety on the shows and some great deathmatch stuff with younger guys. I think it's worth giving a shot if you haven't in a while. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Pete said:

image.png

Saw this the other day on FB and got WAY too excited at thinking someone had booked Maff vs WALTER.

In the top picture, Nikos Rikos looks like Walter and in the bottom picture, he looks like Teddy Hart. I wonder how the match turned out. If I had known about this show, I would have gone to support Nikos with a tray of my yia yia's pastitsio.

Those two videos are the funniest shit ever. While they were putting the coffin in the hearse I said to myself "does he need a new place to sleep?" and moments later I was proven right hahaha

Then PCO decided to give out chips instead of candy for Halloween in Montreal. For the children! 

• Like 1