Jump to content
DVDVR Message Board
RIPPA

2018 INDIE WRESTLING THREAD

Recommended Posts

About Joey Janela's Spring Break 2,  did they show the end of it on the broadcast?  The Great Sasuke karaoke to Bon Jovi's "It's My Life" was amazing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Justin877 said:

About Joey Janela's Spring Break 2,  did they show the end of it on the broadcast?  The Great Sasuke karaoke to Bon Jovi's "It's My Life" was amazing.

They did. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Ultimo Necro said:

PCO v La Parka from MLW was everything I wanted it to be, PCO is nuts, absolutely next level bonkers.

Yeah, I definitely recommend it too. It was that crazy kind of fun two insane older wrestlers bring to the table. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Six String Orchestra said:

Yeah, I definitely recommend it too. It was that crazy kind of fun two insane older wrestlers bring to the table. 

I was watching these two dudes square off and thought "God damn, I love wrestling". Not sure if MLW needs its own thread but I'm enjoying it a lot more than a lot of other shows these days.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well if you wanted tickets for Janela Spring Break 3 then you are screwed because they sold out in about 7 minutes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, Ultimo Necro said:

PCO v La Parka from MLW was everything I wanted it to be, PCO is nuts, absolutely next level bonkers.

I want to see a rematch between them.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, Godfrey said:

I was watching these two dudes square off and thought "God damn, I love wrestling". Not sure if MLW needs its own thread but I'm enjoying it a lot more than a lot of other shows these days.

I think it should have its own thread and the Evolve thread might as well be absorbed into the nxt thread.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, hammerva said:

Well if you wanted tickets for Janela Spring Break 3 then you are screwed because they sold out in about 7 minutes.

I came here to post this. That's nuts. But JJSB shows have been the 2 most entertaining shows these past 2 WM weekends so that should be no surprise.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well here ya go, Happy Halloween

And thankfully I can watch this whole thing without going over on net time anymore 🎉 Missing soooooo much wrestling by having the Verizon curfew is OVER BAYBAY, and I'm watching all of it

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Edwin said:

I came here to post this. That's nuts. But JJSB shows have been the 2 most entertaining shows these past 2 WM weekends so that should be no surprise.

The rep they have built the last two years combined with the fact that they are running a smaller building (700 seats compared to 2500 last year) an on-sale sellout was practically a given.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hopefully they try to find a bigger place rather than make the current joint even more of a fire-trap than it already is.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So did anything interesting happen on the Jericho cruise? Did neckbeards get thrown off? Who went in the pool? Did they run out of PBR?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/30/2018 at 12:21 PM, Edwin said:

$200+ for a front row ticket to JJSB3...

tenor.gif

$200 for JJSB > $200 for Mania. You KNOW what's going to be the show that gives you your money's worth and then some.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, sabremike said:

$200 for JJSB > $200 for Mania. You KNOW what's going to be the show that gives you your money's worth and then some.

I'd say WM gives you the least for your money vs. any other show that weekend.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Beyond at midnight begs to differ.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, ChesterCopperpot said:

Tajiri is doing a rare Canadian Indie appearance in December

 

It would feel very wrong if NikoBaltimore and I didn't go to this show.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I started a new YouTube "weekly" series, and Episode 3 is Halloween-themed and fucking ridiculous and I decided to share it for you all to slag and/or enjoy...

 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/30/2018 at 2:19 PM, Curt McGirt said:

So did anything interesting happen on the Jericho cruise? Did neckbeards get thrown off? Who went in the pool? Did they run out of PBR?

Check the October photo thread

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just in case it wasn't know - per the new WON

Quote

Bruce Prichard is no longer with MLW, although this has nothing to do with his podcast. Konnan will be moved up to Prichard’s spot as senior producer and lead agent with the promotion as well as bing part of creative. Konnan ran the locker room at the last show and Court Bauer said that it went great. The key people with the promotion going forward are Bauer, MSL, Konnan and Alex Greenfield. The younger talent related better to Konnan and didn’t like Prichard with the word being that there was a generation gap in the perception of what wrestling should be. Tommy Dreamer, Low Ki and Sami Callihan will continue to work as agents.

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Since they said the problem wasn't about his podcast, the problem was obviously with his podcast so what the fuck did he say to get booted?

It also wouldn't be the first time that Bruce Pritchard was accused of being out of touch with the locker room.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, J.T. said:

It also wouldn't be the first time that Bruce Pritchard was accused of being out of touch with the locker room.

Most of these old guys are very out of touch. I work with Tim Flowers (yes, THAT Tim Flowers whom every podcast tells a crazy story about) several weeks out of the year and he has a set way of doing things that just...is what it is. I find the old boys go to the same well, over and over again. I find myself doing it every once in a while and force myself not to: I've only been doing this 16 years so I can't be "that old" yet, can I?

I just met Tommy Dreamer last weekend and he's very quiet and laid-back and super supportive of young talent, so he's a great agent to have.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Does anyone currently have as many different gimmicks/names going currently as TAFKA Ricky Banderas? 

Not counting John Hennigan, where the name gimmick is part of his gimmick. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...