DVDVR Message Board

2018 INDIE WRESTLING THREAD

Oh speaking of which - bought my ticket for Saturday’s Nova Pro show

Wrestling less than 15 minutes from my place in a brewery where I get to see Tito Santana.

I love 2018

• Like 5

11 hours ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Too many choices. I'm not sure what else I should do in addition to ROH/NJPW. It would be cheaper for me to stick to Jersey for other shows. Janela's Spring Break pt 2. after ROH/NJPW sounds tempting.

Not sure if I'm up for waiting until 2am to see part two but it is an option.   I'll need to think about what else is worth checking out.  Thankfully it's only a couple hour drive to get to the whichever shows.  And unlike New Orleans I'll be spending more time checking out shows since last year was mainly tourist stuff along with WM/ROH.

23 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Point of order: Assuming the Supershow goes 3 hours, no one's getting from Woodside to Brooklyn in time for Takeover. 2.5 hours, you might have a chance.

I have to pick my spots carefully that week for... *looks at the wife* ...uh, reasons. That said, the beauty of the Queens shows is that La Boom, Amazura and Melrose Ballroom are all right on my subway line- like 20 minutes in either direction. 

Yeah these schedules seemed like they were created/recommended by people who can travel through New York City train system with their eyes closed.   That isn't going to be so for the vast majority of people because driving seems like a worst option.     It might be a little bit better for me since Jersey City is going to be the starting and ending point for most of my activities but I don't know.   

Speaking of that schedule - Rev Pro has been moved to 3 pm to allow more time for folks to get to Takeover

Also remember - the main Takeover card doesn't start till 7 (the 6:10 start is for the TV being taped)

On ‎12‎/‎11‎/‎2018 at 8:44 PM, hammerva said:

I believe I have misplaced my pants  ?

That is two days after my boo's birthday.  With my luck, she'll want to visit her sisters in Hoboken for her birthday on the 4th and we'll end up at some fucking grown n' sexy social club on the 6th and I will miss the fucking wrestling.

On 12/11/2018 at 9:42 PM, RIPPA said:

Oh speaking of which - b ought my ticket for Saturday’s Nova Pro show

Wrestling less than 15 minutes from my place in a brewery where I get to see Tito Santana.

I love 2018

I thought I love watching wrestling outdoors in a stadium.  Until I  saw a show where the ring iis in the back of a brewery surrounded by kegs and towers of beer ?

14 minutes ago, NikoBaltimore said:

As a fellow beer drinker consider me a tad envious of you guys at that show.  If they have it there again I may have to check it out.

March 30

• Thanks 1

I haven't decided if I will be ambitious enough to throw together a Road Report for the NOVA Pro show but one thing I have been thinking about is how freaking charismatic Swoggle is. It is really hard to explain but seeing him perform live was amazing.

Like there was no way I should have been as insanely entertained by his match against a Nise Marko Stunt but it was amazing.