DVDVR Message Board

2018 INDIE WRESTLING THREAD

13 minutes ago, odessasteps said:

Does anyone currently have as many different gimmicks/names going currently as TAFKA Ricky Banderas? 

Not counting John Hennigan, where the name gimmick is part of his gimmick. 

Do be fair, Mil Muertes is the only gimmick Ricky Banderas is actually watchable/good in.

• Thanks 1

I finally got around to watching the current MLW product on this episode with the LA Park/PCO match and I'm very impressed with the booking and production. There's just so much good indy wrestling to keep up with these days but I'll try and squeeze it in more often. Is their ring really small or is it just the camera angle?

• Like 2

Cody's tale of horror in the BTE Halloween special was fantastic. Honestly, the union stuff and the tweet about not being at the MSG show give weight to that dodgy report about the Jericho & JR promotion or them founding their own company and/or union. 

The THEY LIVE parody was decent too.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Ace said:

This might be the closest Evans has been to death as the one time he played Blitzkrieg II.

Well, there was this time when Ricky Reyes failed to catch Evans. It was ROH's 4th year anniversary show in Edison, NJ. I was there and it was a very scary moment. That's all on Ricky Reyes worthless ass.

• Sad 1

On 10/23/2018 at 1:00 PM, RIPPA said:

I am totally biased but I really hope folks check out the NOVA Pro Mania show

Considering they are a Virginia Indy fed, I need to break down and watch all their shows on Powerbomb.TV.  Where should I start?

Well I am more of a completion kind of guy so I would tell you to start from American Slang 2016.  That is the first show where the complete card contains high quality matches  The first four shows are kind of missable except for the main events and maybe 1 or 2 matches.   If you are looking for shows that resemble more of the current roster the starting point might be the Commonwealth cup 2017 but One Crazy Summer has that great Cedric Alexander vs Shane Strickland match and other good stuff.

• Like 1

I haven't edited any full matches for a while, as Shaw Kelowna became such a pain in my ass with censorship: the last show I did never aired on TV (only online), because apparently if you jacked the volume up super loud you could hear fans swearing. That and them laying off nearly everyone were the last straws for me. I'd rather just post them online (after this extended editing hiatus) or find a platform that might net me a few bucks for my hard work.

Regardless, here's a match from the first-ever pro wrestling show ever held in West Kelowna, British Columbia. It features the legendary Black Dragon (the original, Bret Komo, who was given the gimmick by Ultimo Dragon himself), and KUUGA (aka Asian Cooger in the Pacific Northwest), battling TW patriarch, Slave, for the championship...

18 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Also NOVA Pro announced that they are running my city in early December.

Depending on where they are running - I might be able to see the building from my apartment

Well as of now it is the Old Ox Brewery which is cool because I never thought I would see a wrestling show at a brewery before ?

Progress Chapter 77 features a main event title defense by Walter against Zack Sabre Jr that is well worth seeking out. Walter attempts to chop and club Sabre's scrawny chest through his back while Sabre desperately tries to break down Walter by torturing and twisting all his limbs. Fantastic stuff.